UFC 128 play by play and live results

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 128 play by play and live results
« Previous Page
emfleek
3/20/11 12:45:29AM

Posted by FlashyG

I think Jones vs Anderson would be an even better superfight than Anderson vs GSP.

Absolutely. The thought of that fight gives me a woody.
sbulldavid
3/20/11 12:45:45AM
The most dominant fighter in the world no doubt left. He hurt Shogun early and I don't think he ever recovered. That looked like the Shogun that fought Forrest, but I can't even see the best of Shogun beating Jones. Hate to see my boy fall but Jon Jones length and athleticism are a problem for anybody and it just sucks.
ncordless
3/20/11 12:47:23AM
Not the most competitive night of fights, but there were some serious ass-kickings and some major developments in a couple title-pictures.

8.5/10
emfleek
3/20/11 12:48:20AM

Posted by ncordless

8.5/10

I'd have to agree. Solid night, for sure.
sbulldavid
3/20/11 12:48:39AM
Rashad had better be at his best, that's all I can say.
ncordless
3/20/11 12:49:30AM
As Jones ages, I think he will eventually be forced to move to HW.

Anderson v Jones or Cain v Jones I think would be great fights, but let the guy defend his title a bit before we start talking those fights.
emfleek
3/20/11 12:50:27AM

Posted by sbulldavid

Rashad had better be at his best, that's all I can say.

Even at his best, I think Jones would humiliate him.
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 12:53:33AM
Weren't people just saying kinda similar things about Machida when he became champ?

Cept I think Jones has a better shot to be more dominate than Machida did.
Chael_Sonnen
3/20/11 12:57:39AM
Welcome to the BONES ERA!!!!
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 12:58:41AM
Only people I think that have a slight chance at beating Jones are Rashad and Rampage. It needs to be someone who has good wrestling, defensively more.

But I think Jones prolly destroy's those two pretty easy.

All of a sudden it seems like the LHW div isn't as stacked.
Aether
3/20/11 1:03:11AM
The only person I really see beating Jones is Anderson. Even then I would have to think quite a bit about my pick. If Jones tried any of that silly spinning back kick **** against Anderson I think he would get put to sleep, but if he stuck to wrestling and GnP he could certainly win.
postman
3/20/11 1:08:02AM
Vitor just posted on his twitter that he was the youngest champ at 19
ncordless
3/20/11 1:09:44AM

Posted by Aether

The only person I really see beating Jones is Anderson. Even then I would have to think quite a bit about my pick. If Jones tried any of that silly spinning back kick **** against Anderson I think he would get put to sleep, but if he stuck to wrestling and GnP he could certainly win.

He can throw crazy strikes because the other fighter has to respect the takedown so much.

If they fought, I would think the same thing I thought about the fight tonight. Jones would be able to decide where the fight takes place every single second of the fight.
grappler0000
3/20/11 1:12:24AM

Posted by postman

If you were to include tournament champions, then yes, it's true.
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 1:13:03AM

Posted by postman

Was that HW or LHW though? I can't remember.
postman
3/20/11 1:15:35AM
How bout when they put Phil Davis and Jones in the cage
ncordless
3/20/11 1:17:59AM

Posted by postman

Could be interesting down the road, but Jones is pretty far ahead of Davis as far a development at this point. Time will tell, but Davis v Jones seems very likely to be a title match some day.
postman
3/20/11 1:26:02AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by postman

Could be interesting down the road, but Jones is pretty far ahead of Davis as far a development at this point. Time will tell, but Davis v Jones seems very likely to be a title match some day.

I agree I would like to see Davis get a few more fights But I don't see Jones taking Davis to the mat so easy.
Twenty20Dollars
3/20/11 1:26:52AM
So of the 7 current ufc champions, combined they have a total of 10 losses.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]