UFC 128 'Countdown' full video for 'Shogun vs Jones'

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 128 'Countdown' full video for 'Shogun vs Jones'
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/16/11 11:42:59AM
FastKnockout
3/16/11 2:14:20PM
Here are some of my thoughts after watching the countdown..

-How injured was Rashad? He mentioned that it was severe enough to where he couldn't train and wouldn't be able to fight Shogun. But, I remember seeing him help Diego Sanchez warm up in the locker room before his fight with Martin Kampmann, and didn't look injured at all. I know some injuries can't be seen by the eye, but he didn't seem to have any trouble moving around or helping Diego warm up. With his eyes on the title, and his current injury, shouldn't he be more worried when doing physical activities?

-Jones mentioned that he knew the title shot would be his if he won. He said Evans had mentioned to him a day or so before that he had to pull out do to injury. But, after Jones was first announced as his replacement, I remember Dana White saying that Jones had no clue about the title shot, and that they were surprising him during his post-fight interview with Joe, and that no one knew Evans was injured until 30 minutes before the Jones/Bader fight. Was this just Dana trying to throw more drama into the mix and hype the fight?

-As far as the hype goes, I'm getting tired of it now. Yeah, some hype is good for the fights, brings in more casual fans. But, enough is enough. All the hype they were throwing on Jones during the countdown was annoying, and Shogun didn't get much air time. Most of the countdown seemed to be the raising popularity of Jones, and how everyone labels him "the next big thing." I'd hate for it to blow up in the UFC's face like their infamous "Brocktober."

-Jones and his arrogance is getting to me. I loved the guy when he first burst on the scene, I loved the humility he seemed to have. But, now it seems as though the humility was fake and he's showing his true colors. Sure, confidence is great to have, every fighter should have a certain amount of confidence, but some of the things Jon says makes him sound like he's the best fighter to make it to MMA. The fight with Shogun might not happen if they can't fit Jon's inflated head in the octagon.

-I'll go ahead and say that I'm now an Eddie Wineland fan. At first I wanted him to beat Faber just because I wanted to see my friend mope around after Faber loses. But, now after listening to his story and how he fights for his little brother, I really want to see him win. What was it that he said at the end of the countdown? Something like "After watching the pain my little brother went through, nothing I do in training can compare. I have to walk through my wall of fire." That was just inspiring.

-Faber mentioned that he's never been knocked out, but he damn sure came close to it in his first fight with Mike Brown. Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't. Just ask Machida.

-What pissed me off most about the countdown, is that they left out Jim Miller completely. What the hell? They mentioned Cro Cop/Schaub, and even Marquardt/Akiyama. Jim Miller? Noooo, his six fight winning streak isn't worthy enough for the countdown.
grappler0000
3/16/11 2:16:18PM

Posted by FastKnockout

-What pissed me off most about the countdown, is that they left out Jim Miller completely. What the hell? They mentioned Cro Cop/Schaub, and even Marquardt/Akiyama. Jim Miller? Noooo, his six fight winning streak isn't worthy enough for the countdown.

I'm assuming that was only part one...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
kopower
3/16/11 2:54:11PM
Thanks. I tried staying up to watch but fell asleep.
UFC_Fanatic313
3/17/11 4:15:11PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Here are some of my thoughts after watching the countdown..

-How injured was Rashad? He mentioned that it was severe enough to where he couldn't train and wouldn't be able to fight Shogun. But, I remember seeing him help Diego Sanchez warm up in the locker room before his fight with Martin Kampmann, and didn't look injured at all. I know some injuries can't be seen by the eye, but he didn't seem to have any trouble moving around or helping Diego warm up. With his eyes on the title, and his current injury, shouldn't he be more worried when doing physical activities?

-Jones mentioned that he knew the title shot would be his if he won. He said Evans had mentioned to him a day or so before that he had to pull out do to injury. But, after Jones was first announced as his replacement, I remember Dana White saying that Jones had no clue about the title shot, and that they were surprising him during his post-fight interview with Joe, and that no one knew Evans was injured until 30 minutes before the Jones/Bader fight. Was this just Dana trying to throw more drama into the mix and hype the fight?

-As far as the hype goes, I'm getting tired of it now. Yeah, some hype is good for the fights, brings in more casual fans. But, enough is enough. All the hype they were throwing on Jones during the countdown was annoying, and Shogun didn't get much air time. Most of the countdown seemed to be the
raising popularity of Jones, and how everyone labels him "the next big thing." I'd hate for it to blow up in the UFC's face like their infamous "Brocktober."

-Jones and his arrogance is getting to me. I loved the guy when he first burst on the scene, I loved the humility he seemed to have. But, now it seems as though the humility was fake and he's showing his true colors. Sure, confidence is great to have, every fighter should have a certain amount of confidence, but some of the things Jon says makes him sound like he's the best fighter to make it to MMA. The fight with Shogun might not happen if they can't fit Jon's inflated head in the octagon.

-I'll go ahead and say that I'm now an Eddie Wineland fan. At first I wanted him to beat Faber just because I wanted to see my friend mope around after Faber loses. But, now after listening to his story and how he fights for his little brother, I really want to see him win. What was it that he said at the end of the countdown? Something like "After watching the pain my little brother went through, nothing I do in training can compare. I have to walk through my wall of fire." That was just inspiring.

-Faber mentioned that he's never been knocked out, but he damn sure came close to it in his first fight with Mike Brown. Just because it hasn't happened, doesn't mean it can't. Just ask Machida.

LoL and J.J. also was like i feel like a champion without the belt, isn't that knida like saying I am smart but i get F's all the time.
grappler0000
3/18/11 1:07:29AM

Posted by UFC_Fanatic313

LoL and J.J. also was like i feel like a champion without the belt, isn't that knida like saying I am smart but i get F's all the time.

If you equate succeeding in everything MMA has thrown at him as failures, then yes, it would be a perfect analogy. I get you don't like him, but that statement made as much sense as Charlie Sheen.