Following UFC 125 win, Brian Stann wants Wanderlei Silva, top-10 ranking

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Following UFC 125 win, Brian Stann wants Wanderlei Silva, top-10 ranking
FastKnockout
1/2/11 3:08:53PM

LAS VEGAS – UFC middleweight contender Brian Stann (10-3 MMA, 4-2 UFC) isn't exactly the "call out" kind of guy, but he also knows how to ask for what he wants.

For instance, following an August win over Mike Massenzio, the Marine respectfully asked for a future booking with Chris Leben, which eventually resulted in his UFC 125 victory over "The Crippler."

Following that win in the co-main event of Saturday's pay-per-view event in Las Vegas, Stann was at it again, and this time, he's got an "Axe Murderer" on his mind.

LINK
icantthinkofanything
1/2/11 3:52:42PM
Stann is got some hype now, if not Wandy, theres plenty other good 185ers like

Stann vs Sakara, Munoz or Marquart (both Greg Jackson team) Aaron Simpson, Miller, Akiyama

I think Stann will get beat by most of the grapplers, which the division has a lot of. like Maia, Palhares Okami Chael etc.
pmoney
1/2/11 6:20:34PM
I like any of those fights. Maybe Marquardt-Stann? That would be interesting. Stann looks like he is progressing nicely since joining Jackson MMA. He was incredibly impressive last night.
mattjonesy
1/2/11 6:21:51PM
Anyone else want to call out Silva??? seems like cause hes on the downside of his career people want to fight him to get a win over a name...
papercut
1/2/11 6:44:37PM

Posted by mattjonesy

Anyone else want to call out Silva??? seems like cause hes on the downside of his career people want to fight him to get a win over a name...

NaturalBornKiller92
1/2/11 6:44:57PM
stann can ko silva easily. silva's overrated and old. he's 3-5 since 2006
tallica62
1/2/11 7:06:30PM
give him sonnen again like from WEC and have sonnen beat him
sbulldavid
1/2/11 7:42:52PM
Everybody knew he had a sluggers chance against Leben. I got to call bullsh@t when I see it. He proved nothing that we didn't already know. I guarantee he gets squashed by any decent grappler, he still needs to prove he has a ground game.
jiujitsufreak74
1/2/11 8:12:46PM

Posted by sbulldavid

Everybody knew he had a sluggers chance against Leben. I got to call bullsh@t when I see it. He proved nothing that we didn't already know. I guarantee he gets squashed by any decent grappler, he still needs to prove he has a ground game.

what do you call his fight with Mike Messenzio?

also, to people who ar emad that he called out Wandy, i highly doubt he wants to fight Wandy because he believes he has over the hill. the way Stann operates leads me to believe he wants that fight because he knows it will be exciting and a chance to fight a legend.
ChrisSabal
1/2/11 11:09:43PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by sbulldavid

what do you call his fight with Mike Messenzio?

also, to people who ar emad that he called out Wandy, i highly doubt he wants to fight Wandy because he believes he has over the hill. the way Stann operates leads me to believe he wants that fight because he knows it will be exciting and a chance to fight a legend.

I agree with jiujitsufreak74.

I think Stann just wants to fight the best and make fights exciting for the fans. He said he wanted Leben because he wanted to fight the best. I think now he wants Silva as a step up in competition.
jae_1833
1/2/11 11:14:31PM
To be honest I would like Wandy to get a fight with someone of HIS choosing.....I know he is a bit past his prime but with him stepping into the 185 lbs division and with all he has done over the years let him pick.....there are plenty of guys for Stann to face in the MW div that have big names and put on exciting fights and that are a step up in competition. I'd say give him Sakara or Rivera.
emfleek
1/3/11 8:39:34AM

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

With losses to Rich Franklin, Rampage, Chuck, Hendo and Cro Cop. You're so right. He has a 3-5 record against subpar competition.

gartface
1/3/11 10:51:51AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by NaturalBornKiller92

With losses to Rich Franklin, Rampage, Chuck, Hendo and Cro Cop. You're so right. He has a 3-5 record against subpar competition.

He's a regular ole Ken Shamrock.