UFC 125: Gray Maynard Talks TUF 13 and Welcoming Anthony Pettis

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 125: Gray Maynard Talks TUF 13 and Welcoming Anthony Pettis
pmoney
12/22/10 9:33:46PM
Gray Maynard isn’t the type of fighter to hand pick his opponent.

It’s that attitude that explains why he doesn’t really care who he’d face if he defeats Frankie Edgar to win the UFC lightweight title at UFC 125 in January.

Currently, final WEC lightweight champion Anthony Pettis is in line to fight for the belt next. While Maynard admits if he was coming into the UFC for the first time he’d want a little more experience, he’s happy to accept the challenge.

Article
vomitshovel
12/23/10 10:57:39AM
Pettis remains really calm for the little experience he has.
He's one of the new breed of fighters that is revolutionizing the sport.
Gray maynard has self-ko'd himself, I think it's good that he reserves any judgement. ;)
But seriously, Grey acts how athletes should. You don't see world level swimmers calling out other swimmers.
They do their job, cause that's what it is. They compete and work and it's good to see that mentality in some fighters.
sbulldavid
12/23/10 11:59:39AM
I think Jim Miller should be the next guy, but Pettis could make something happen in a five round fight, and he beats whoever is put in front of him, so it could be his time. I thnk I would pick him over Frankie, and Grey will let a guy stay in a fight so a knockout is always a possibility.
prozacnation1978
12/23/10 12:27:27PM
I think the uf needs to push the lightweight champ to fight a lot in 2011
You got next week. Then pettis

You add sotoropolous and miller. Both should have title shots by now
Ufc lightweight title needs to be up every 4 months
Most stacked division by far with contenders

Hard to believe just 6 years ago their was no light weight champ or division
pmoney
12/23/10 2:27:28PM
I believe Jim Miller needs the winner of the unification match. Edgar and Maynard are his only losses, so if one of them wins the unification match, that would make a good story line for the first defense of the new, unified title.

I feel Miller made a BIG statement with his first round sub of Charles Oliveira. Do Bronx is an up and comer for sure. I would like to see Dunham V. Sotiropolous for a #1 contender fight, provided Dunham beats Guillard and Sotiropolous beats Siver.

Ditto on title fight every four months. I feel that each title should be defended two to even four times a year, if possible
CCPRIDE99
12/23/10 5:08:32PM
3 times a year is not enough. i try to fight once every two months. at least. and i dont even get paid to do the ****.
pmoney
12/23/10 8:20:34PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

3 times a year is not enough. i try to fight once every two months. at least. and i dont even get paid to do the ****.

Although I feel we would all enjoy more frequent title defenses, if every champion in every weight class defended their title three times a year, that would:

#1 - Be way more defenses than we already have. How many fights have we seen for the Light Heavyweight belt this year? Oh yeah, just one....

#2 - That would be 21 title defenses per year, at three a year per division. I would be surprised if there were a dozen or more title fights this year.