UFC 125: Chris Leben doesn't under-Stann his Jan. 1 match up

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 125: Chris Leben doesn't under-Stann his Jan. 1 match up
pmoney
12/21/10 10:40:16AM
UFC middleweight standout Chris Leben doesn't know why he's been put in a bout with former WEC light heavyweight champion Brian Stann after submitting Yoshihiro Akiyama, but he realizes what a win could do for him.

Article

Read on for an interesting quote from Chris Leben that shows his perspective on his upcoming bout.
icantthinkofanything
12/21/10 11:22:15AM
I think Leben gets an easy fight, so he can coach TUF next. Due to scheduling problems, I think the UFC is giving Leben -who beat 2 top guys in 2 weeks

Leben should get Nate, Bisping, Rivera munoz, a loser of andy and vitor. -(no Wandy or Chael for a few months)

I think Leben is gonna coach TUF with someone like Chael or Wandy when they are able to come back to the octagon.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
sparky
12/21/10 11:36:21AM
I think Stann is gunna beat Leben just a gut feeling I have.
pmoney
12/21/10 11:37:38AM

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I think Leben gets an easy fight, a clear step down, so he can coach TUF next. Due to scheduling problems, I think Leben will have to take an easy fight to keep his hype up. If Stann wins, does he coach TUF and get contender status? i don't think so.

the UFC is giving Leben -who beat 2 top guys in 2 weeks,- a guy who throws down but is at the bottom of 185 division imo.
Just because someone is a higher weight originally, doesnt make them a high level opponent.
(Leben should get Nate, Bisping, Rivera munoz, a loser of andy and vitor. -(no Wandy or Chael for a few months)

I think Leben is gonna coach TUF with someone like Chael or Wandy when they are able to come back to the octagon.

I think the scenario you outlined makes sense from a business point of view. And granted, I feel Leben has this one all day, but Brian Stann is friggin dangerous, and his puncher's chance is better than most.

I hope Leben gets the win and continues to move up the ladder. I think it would be crazy to see him fight Anderson again for the title!
BigBadAl
12/21/10 2:13:14PM
Dangerous fight for Leben but hey! Aren't they all in the UFC?
tallica62
12/21/10 2:27:45PM
interesting idea with him being a TUF coach....i wouldnt be surprised

although ive never been overly impressed by lebens talent, he does seem to keep winning

stann is a step down from the track he was on, but maybe for some other alterior motive...ie TUF
Taylor8766
12/21/10 3:00:18PM
I would agree with Leben completely i didnt understand why he got Stann instead of a Bisping, Wandy or even Nate. After Leben wins this fight which I see being a 2nd rd tko I can see the UFC putting him against Wandy for some sure fireworks.
gartface
12/21/10 3:10:21PM
I really hope Leben is overlooking Stann.
marcoDGK
12/21/10 4:27:37PM
maybe they think Stann can beat Leben.
prozacnation1978
12/21/10 6:49:34PM
There still is a good chance he may be a tuf coach opposite sonnen or silva

Co main event I don't know why this fight
When u got gomi vs guida

But I am looking forward to see which leban shows up

The one who is on a 3 fight win streak or the one
Who lost to jake rosholt and bisping