UFC 125: Antonio McKee is 'coming to smash everybody' at 155-pounds

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 125: Antonio McKee is 'coming to smash everybody' at 155-pounds
pmoney
12/18/10 11:32:49AM
Antonio McKee tells Mirror.co.uk that he's putting the lightweights in the UFC on notice -- he's coming and he plans on running through every one of them. Long thought of as one of the best wrestlers in MMA, it took "Mandingo" until the age of 40 and an 11 fight win streak to make his way to the world's largest fight promotion. In fact, he hasn't lost a fight since dropping a decision to Karo Parisyan in February of 2003.

Article

Twenty20Dollars
12/18/10 2:41:20PM
Doubt he smashes everybody.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/18/10 3:45:57PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Doubt he smashes anybody .

FIXED

He's a decision warrior. He has more than double the decisions than he has subs and T/KO's combined.

Twenty20Dollars
12/19/10 12:05:03AM
Yeah, and at 40 yrs old. Then I also thought I heard he doesnt or didnt like to hurt guys.
pmoney
12/19/10 12:45:13AM
Generally someone gets hurt in a fight. It is the Ultimate Fighting Championship. If you don't want to hurt your opponent then up your BJJ skills and submit them. You don't have to Palhares them and tear their tendons apart. And again, if you do have to, that's the name of the game.
Bustamante-Aoki
12/19/10 11:08:15AM
LOL. Smash evrybody!

Still, It's not like there aren't plenty of other "less than exciting" fighters in the UFC.

I'm glad to see Antonio is finally in the UFC, although I hope most of his fights are on the undercard.
prozacnation1978
12/19/10 8:52:38PM
Antonio " mr. Decision" McKee aint gonna finish a fight in the ufc
He will win by decisions
tcunningham
12/19/10 11:34:03PM
i dont expect anything from this guy. at 40 yrs old and a less than impressive win streak, theres just nothing that excites me. maybe he'll prove me wrong.
Kugel
12/20/10 11:08:34AM
He won't smash anybody....he may lay on them.
gartface
12/20/10 11:52:21AM
Seeing all this hate, I hope he does smash some dudes at 155.
emfleek
12/20/10 12:04:48PM

Posted by gartface

Exactly. I love how everyone equates "smashing" opponents with going to a decision. The incessant whining about guys not finishing got old long ago.
Pookie
12/20/10 12:08:59PM
I think before his last fight he said he would retire if he didn't finish his opponent. He finished the guy.

He's fighting in the ufc though, and the first match in the ufc is normally a decision win if you do win.
BlueSkiesBurn
12/20/10 1:45:57PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Exactly. I love how everyone equates "smashing" opponents with going to a decision. The incessant whining about guys not finishing got old long ago.

I've made it very clear on other threads that you can smash someone in a decision. As a matter of fact, I pointed out to someone that Pacquiao absolutely destroyed Margarito in a decision.

Antonio McKee, however, usually doesn't smash anyone in his decision wins. Let's not mistake HIS decision victories with other individuals who just might not be able to finish the fight.