UFC 123 - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 123 - Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
ncordless
11/21/10 1:06:10AM

Posted by telnights

Nice job by Barbosa. He is going to be tough fight for anyone who tries to stand with him.

Yeah, he is going to be a "take him down or die" matchup for anyone at lightweight. Nice addition to the UFC!
Pookie
11/21/10 1:07:59AM

Posted by ncordless

Sweet, we get to see Barboza.

A 30-29 scorecard would best reflect the Rampage/Machida fight. 10-10 rounds are not always a bad thing.

I agree on the second sentence.
But i'd score it a 29-29 in a perfect world. The first round was rampages based on the fact that Machida landed nothing significant and was being chased around the whole time.

I think the damage done in the clinch was enough to give rampage the first two rounds.
Kpro
11/21/10 1:09:27AM

Posted by Shawn91111

I agree with this. What did Machida do to win that round

Watching real-time I had Machida 29-28. Since I streamed it and didn't order and DVR I'll have to wait til it hits the UFC vault to really have any insightful info the other way. If you both had Rampage winning the first 10 minutes, more power to you, and maybe you saw something I didn't; but until I see the first two rounds a second time, there obviously won't be much extra insight to recall upon.
ncordless
11/21/10 1:12:12AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Shawn91111

I agree with this. What did Machida do to win that round

Watching real-time I had Machida easily 29-28. Since I streamed it and didn't order and DVR I'll have to wait til it hits the UFC vault to really have any insightful info the other way. If you both had Rampage winning the first 10 minutes, more power to you, and maybe you saw something I didn't; but until I see the first two rounds a second time, there obviously won't be much extra insight to recall upon.

I would not have been too surprised to see Machida win, I just don't agree that either of the first two rounds were strong enough for Machida that one could say that it was obvious that Machida won.
Pookie
11/21/10 1:13:24AM
I totally expected Machida to get the decision, Rampage's style tends to not be viewed favorably by judges.
Shawn91111
11/21/10 1:18:28AM
There are other sites besides the ufc vault that have the fights up as soon as they are over
Kpro
11/21/10 1:28:12AM

Posted by Shawn91111

There are other sites besides the ufc vault that have the fights up as soon as they are over

Sorry dude; Zuffa pays me to say they are the only one.
kopower
11/21/10 2:00:22AM
Thought Machida won two rounds to one. So did the patrons of the bar I was at if that counts for anything.
ChokeUout
11/21/10 2:25:17AM
I had Rampage winning, but it could have gone either way. The first two rounds were close, especially the second, but I gave both of them to Rampage by a slight margain. Third round was the most decisive and went to Machida without question.

You could make a case for Machida winning the second, but with Rampage moving forward more, and probably landing more shots in the clinch won him the first two rounds. That takedown in the second didn't hurt, either.

Very close fight, and I wouldn't hate a rematch. Under Pride rules, you might give it to Machida. I definetly don't envy the judges, but I think the right man got the win
DCRage
11/21/10 9:10:10AM
I had Machida by decision.

Last 2 fights killed my picks, but I FINALLY hit a big underdog parlay thanks to Falcao's decision over Harris and wound up #4 in earnings as a result.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]