UFC 120: Lesnar vs Velasquez

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 120: Lesnar vs Velasquez
FireballKid
7/13/10 6:49:57PM
This is a match I'm very excited about. Both Lesnar and Velasquez are very alike, skill wise. They both are accomplished NCAA Division I wrestlers. Both have devastating knockout power. I don't want to hype the fight but I'm looking forward to these two fighters slugging it out in the cage. But however, I'm sticking to the bad guy and I say Brock Lesnar takes this by decision victory.

And If he does, who's next? Junior Dos Santos? Big Country?(please JDS, kick his ass).
seanfu
7/13/10 7:02:22PM
50/50 It seems like its a race between Brocks takedowns and Cains kicking. Whichever connects first.
Playground_Samurai
7/13/10 7:16:43PM
I'm not sure right now who I will be picking. One think I do know for sure though, is that I will not be picking it to go to a decision.
decken
7/13/10 7:57:39PM
I am still waiting to see the KO power Brock has, that everyone is talking about, you know since he hasn't won a match by KO (yet) and the two people he has TKO wins over aren't known for their good chins.

Besides that I think this will be an awesome match. I think Cain can win this if he doesn't pull a Carwin in the second .
prozacnation1978
7/13/10 8:40:40PM
First of all it is ufc 121 not 120
Cain chin still is suspect. But so is brock.
Cain won't gass out like carwin. But. He could get ground n pounded out easiier
Will be a good fight. Doubt it goes past second round
Pookie
7/13/10 9:07:29PM
I personally see this fight going down similarly to the best fight of 1998.

Pikachu v. Raichu

Both are electric type pokemon, and both Lesnar and Velasquez come from a wrestling base. Metaphorically, this is important. Lesnar is the bigger/stronger electric type(Raichu), and Velasquez the smaller more agile and technically proficient electric type(Pikachu).

The fight starts out with Raichu landing a bomb on pikachu and dropping him to the floor. Raichu then proceeds to hammerfist pikachu relentlessly from side control before deciding to posture up and throw some haymakers. But this is a mistake, as Pikachu quickly gets on all fours and uses his agility to get back onto his feet. Raichu goes for a Body Slam. Pikachu sprawls out. They seperate.

Pikachu's corner is yelling "footwork!" and Raichu's corner is screaming "go for the kill!". Raichu tries a haymaker on the feet, but pikachu is too mobile and the punch whiffs violently. Again, and again.

Brock(From pokemon, the metaphorical Dave Camerillo) then informs the audience that Pikachu is sticking to the gameplan brilliantly and that "Raichu grew too big, too fast, never learning how to utilize his speed in the pikachu stage".

Pikachu starts overwhelming the tiring Raichu, pouring on the agility. Raichu can't seem to get ahold of his target and just cant match the little Pikachu's pace, getting outworked from the outside despite Raichu's reach advantage.

Pikachu's cornermen start to mock Raichu. Raichu's corner gets pissed, and yell for him to thunderbolt the entire stadium. That way Pikachu has nowhere to hide. Raichu thunderbolts the entire arena(Lesnar bullrushes a takedown from across the cage) and we're left in shock and awe as all the windows burst into flame, the ground splits, and team rocket(the audience) screams wildly.

But when the smoke clears, we find that Pikachu is balancing on one limb, standing erect, in perfect condition. Raichu immediately follows up his takedown attempt with another takedown attempt. But he's too tired, and Pikachu is still balancing on one leg. Raichu is exhausted, gassed.

And the rest of the fight is elementary, Pikachu uses quick attack and dial's lesnar up from the inside. Raichu tries a slam but gets reversed, ending up on his back. And Cain uses his own wrestling background to ground and pound Raichu into submission.

_____

Cain is just too fast and well rounded that Lesnar's chances of beating him are similar to Raichu's chances of beating Pikachu with Electric attacks. Its not very effective.

kopower
7/13/10 11:45:01PM
Pookie, your Pokemon comparison to the Lesnar/Velasquez fight could be spot on. If Cain can take punishment like Pikachu, and fight the smart fight, he could earn the thunder badge!!
sbulldavid
7/14/10 12:24:28AM
IMO Cain looks to be the quicker and better wrestler overall, and a lot closer in wrestling strength than most would think. I don't think Cain's kicks will come into play unless Lesner is gassed late in the fight then we may see a head kick. I expect this to be something like Van Arsdale/Couture early on, because even though Lesner can knock a guy down, he hasn't proven he can knock a guy out or outbox anybody, and I think Cain knows his best chance to beat Lesner is by outworking him and beating him up GSP style. I think this going to be pretty boring and somewhat decided by the championship rounds. Cain by Decision
BlueSkiesBurn
7/14/10 12:55:05AM

Posted by Pookie

Pikachu v. Raichu

Both are electric type pokemon, and both Lesnar and Velasquez come from a wrestling base. Metaphorically, this is important. Lesnar is the bigger/stronger electric type(Raichu), and Velasquez the smaller more agile and technically proficient electric type(Pikachu).

The fight starts out with Raichu landing a bomb on pikachu and dropping him to the floor. Raichu then proceeds to hammerfist pikachu relentlessly from side control before deciding to posture up and throw some haymakers. But this is a mistake, as Pikachu quickly gets on all fours and uses his agility to get back onto his feet. Raichu goes for a Body Slam. Pikachu sprawls out. They seperate.

Pikachu's corner is yelling "footwork!" and Raichu's corner is screaming "go for the kill!". Raichu tries a haymaker on the feet, but pikachu is too mobile and the punch whiffs violently. Again, and again.

Brock(From pokemon, the metaphorical Dave Camerillo) then informs the audience that Pikachu is sticking to the gameplan brilliantly and that "Raichu grew too big, too fast, never learning how to utilize his speed in the pikachu stage".

Pikachu starts overwhelming the tiring Raichu, pouring on the agility. Raichu can't seem to get ahold of his target and just cant match the little Pikachu's pace, getting outworked from the outside despite Raichu's reach advantage.

Pikachu's cornermen start to mock Raichu. Raichu's corner gets pissed, and yell for him to thunderbolt the entire stadium. That way Pikachu has nowhere to hide. Raichu thunderbolts the entire arena(Lesnar bullrushes a takedown from across the cage) and we're left in shock and awe as all the windows burst into flame, the ground splits, and team rocket(the audience) screams wildly.

But when the smoke clears, we find that Pikachu is balancing on one limb, standing erect, in perfect condition. Raichu immediately follows up his takedown attempt with another takedown attempt. But he's too tired, and Pikachu is still balancing on one leg. Raichu is exhausted, gassed.

And the rest of the fight is elementary, Pikachu uses quick attack and dial's lesnar up from the inside. Raichu tries a slam but gets reversed, ending up on his back. And Cain uses his own wrestling background to ground and pound Raichu into submission.

_____

Cain is just too fast and well rounded that Lesnar's chances of beating him are similar to Raichu's chances of beating Pikachu with Electric attacks. Its not very effective.

I really don't know whether to prop you, ask you why you broke down an anime fight, or ask you why you did it for our benefit.

EDIT: I decided prop, that was way too huge of an effort for an imaginary fight.

Pookie
7/14/10 3:07:36AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

EDIT: I decided prop, that was way too huge of an effort for an imaginary fight.

What's funny is i just listed what happened in the cartoon sequencially, and somehow it matches beautifully. Took no effort whatsoever
emfleek
7/14/10 10:44:06AM
-10,000 cool points for the Pokemon reference, Pookiemon.

marcoDGK
7/14/10 2:43:18PM

Posted by emfleek

-10,000 cool points for the Pokemon reference, Pookiemon.

agreed!!!!

If Velasquez can keep this on the feet he can take the W. Lesnar has no Stand up and Valasquez is fast with his hands.

I see Lesnar shooting for the take down just like he did against Carwin in the second round.

gonna be a good one.
prozacnation1978
7/14/10 4:51:46PM
Even mentioning pokemon in a mma board should deduct 100 prop points from you. But I do like the imagination you have, it was sad but yet right on the mark
And agree with what you said
chickmagnet
7/14/10 7:26:57PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

First of all it is ufc 121 not 120
Cain chin still is suspect. But so is brock.
Cain won't gass out like carwin. But. He could get ground n pounded out easiier
Will be a good fight. Doubt it goes past second round

Chin doesnt even matter at Heavyweight, anyone can knock out anyone in that division.

Cain will dance circles around Brock and wont get gassed out and let Brock take him down..
tcunningham
7/15/10 1:37:10AM
carwins cardio was always suspect to me. it was not a surprise that he gassed, howerver cain has showed multiple times that he has awesome cardio. we'll see if lesnar can keep up with him. i predict that if lesnar cant finish cain by the 3rd than cain will take home the belt by decision.
Boo_Radley21
7/15/10 9:13:31AM
I can't picture Cain beating Lesnar for some reason. Too big a size difference maybe. Lesnar by tko
c-dub
7/22/10 11:27:45AM
I agree with u cains carido is awesome and he does have some heavy hands. Its going 2 b a crazy fight. Shane put a beating on Brock in the 1st even tho i have seen fights stopped 4 less Brock proved he could take some monster shots 2 the chin. We all know Lesnar is a beast and has some furious takedowns and can use his huge frame 2 keep people on the mat and put on a GNP clinic. If Velasquez can keep the fight standing it could turn out 2 b a pretty interesting fight.
ncordless
7/22/10 4:45:32PM
They both got into mma at a similar time, and while Brock had the natural physical advantages, everything I've seen tells me that Cain has had the better learning curve and is the much more complete mma fighter now.
jjeans
7/25/10 2:14:03PM

Posted by Pookie

Pikachu v. Raichu

_____

If cain wins i will prop you! But i gotta say i personally dont believe Cain can take the punishment Pikachu took, haha
Pookie
10/18/11 10:26:53PM

Posted by Pookie

Pikachu v. Raichu

_____

YES. I have to bump this now that i found it again. Cain did so much better than Pikachu.
KungFuMaster
10/19/11 3:11:27AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Pookie

Pikachu v. Raichu

_____

YES. I have to bump this now that i found it again. Cain did so much better than Pikachu.

Great fight between Raichu and Pikachu - I must say. Cain vs Lesnar did not quite do it for me like Raichu and Pikachu.