UFC 119: Big Nog drops out, Cro Cop replaces him. *BONUS* Forrest Griffin vs Jon Jones set for UFC 123.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 119: Big Nog drops out, Cro Cop replaces him. *BONUS* Forrest Griffin vs Jon Jones set for UFC 123.
FireballKid
8/15/10 5:33:32PM
My hopes of seeing the Mir vs Nogueria rematch have been crushed. Nogueria dropped out due to an injury that needs surgery. So Mirko Cro Cop now replaces him. I say Mir takes this, he has composure standing up and definetely on the ground. And Roy Nelson wants the winner of this fight as well(Is he scared of Carwin?). What do you think?

Plus, Jon Jones has got his wish. He wanted a top light heavyweight contender, and he got it. Forrest Griffin is set to return at UFC 123 to face this LHW powerhouse. Unfortunately, I think Jones is going to take another victory. As much as I would like to see Griffin pull off the unthinkable, it's not really possible.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/15/10 5:41:32PM
Do you have a link for this?
FireballKid
8/15/10 5:51:36PM
Tabloids?

UFC 119 Wikipedia

Wiki UFC 123

I might go to 123! It's set to be in Chicago.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/15/10 6:20:26PM
I wasn't doubting you, just need to put links for stuff like that.
prozacnation1978
8/15/10 8:15:05PM
Maybe big nog will headline germany now against carwin
Jones will destroy griffin
Twenty20Dollars
8/15/10 10:22:49PM
wikipedia is the best
postman
8/15/10 10:56:05PM

Posted by FireballKid
As much as I would like to see Griffin pull off the unthinkable, it's not really possible.

Did you miss the last Month of MMA.......Anything is possible in this sport. For Gods sake Matt Horwich subbed Thales Leites with a RNC lastnight.
LotusLoo
8/16/10 2:13:04AM
UFC 123 is on my birthday and as I blow out my candles, here's my wish.. Forrest wins! Therefore, it is only logical to think that he will take the victory. Let's do this Forrest!!
BlueSkiesBurn
8/16/10 1:40:01PM

Posted by LotusLoo

UFC 123 is on my birthday and as I blow out my candles, here's my wish.. Forrest wins! Therefore, it is only logical to think that he will take the victory. Let's do this Forrest!!

The only birthday that matters is mine! I'm just FYI'ing.

My gf and roommate say otherwise.
DCRage
8/16/10 2:12:23PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

wikipedia is not the best

Edit: And according to Jones, the Forrest fight rumors are just that-rumors.

UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones (11-1) recently posted on his Twitter account that a rumored fight between him and former UFC light heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin (17-6) is exactly that, just a rumor:

"Been getting a lot of questions about a possible fight between Griffin and I. As of now no one from @Ufc has mentioned it 2me Rumor"

sbulldavid
8/17/10 2:38:30AM
I give Cro Cop a one in three chance against Mir, Mir probably isn't going to out strike him and he's Mir is going to have to get him to the ground before he submits him. I'd love to see the fight.
Kastro
8/20/10 5:56:22PM
A lot of people are overlooking Cro Cop he looked decent against Barry and he wants nothing more than to attain a solid victory in the UFC...

Cro Cop by KO round 1..,