UFC 118 Florian-Maynard Winner Guaranteed Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 118 Florian-Maynard Winner Guaranteed Title Shot
DCRage
8/25/10 5:13:03PM
The winner of Saturday's UFC 118 co-headliner between Kenny Florian and Gray Maynard will, in fact, get a shot at the lightweight title. UFC president Dana White today confirmed the plans in today's pre-UFC 118 press conference at the Great Hall in Boston's historic Faneuil Hall. White, of course, hinted that Maynard could get a title shot if victorious at January's UFC Fight Night 20 event. Maynard edged Nate Diaz via split decision, but Edgar instead got the title shot and ended up upsetting Penn at April's UFC 112 event. "If Gray Maynard beats Kenny Florian, he deserve it, no doubt," said White, referencing that previous hint at a title shot. Is the same true of Florian? "Yeah, absolutely," he said.

Article
tcunningham
8/25/10 5:38:47PM
i dont want to see a kenflo penn #2. if penn wins then i hope maynard beats kenflo but if penn loses then i want to see kenflo win.
CCPRIDE99
8/25/10 8:48:47PM
not if frankie wins. if frankie wins its gonna be an immediate penn-edgar 3
prozacnation1978
8/25/10 9:26:08PM
no way a penn vs florian again
i would rather see ken flo or maynard vs frankie
or maynard vs penn
Gogoplatapus
8/25/10 9:44:07PM

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Congratulations on the dumbest thing I've read today.
bjj1605
8/26/10 1:00:08AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by CCPRIDE99

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was joking, but you went right for the jugular there didn't you.

Back on topic, I would love to see a Penn vs Florian II. I think that Florian seemed kind of star struck in that fight and it affected his performance. He has looked incredibly improved since then.

Really any match-up between any of the four fighters in question sounds like a great fight.
Drudinh
8/26/10 1:47:40AM

Kenny And BJ again would be ok in my book
finnish_line
8/26/10 9:51:57AM

Title shot #3 for Kenny?

I'm beginning to think he can't win the big one.

If he gets it and loses convincingly again, I don't know what you do with him, honestly.

Gogoplatapus
8/26/10 1:39:19PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by CCPRIDE99

I gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he was joking, but you went right for the jugular there didn't you.

Back on topic, I would love to see a Penn vs Florian II. I think that Florian seemed kind of star struck in that fight and it affected his performance. He has looked incredibly improved since then.

Really any match-up between any of the four fighters in question sounds like a great fight.

whoops, sarcasm detector turned off. My bad.
BigBadAl
8/26/10 2:46:47PM

Posted by finnish_line

Title shot #3 for Kenny?

If he gets it and loses convincingly again, I don't know what you do with him, honestly.

bjj1605
8/26/10 9:14:06PM

Posted by BigBadAl

Posted by finnish_line

Title shot #3 for Kenny?

If he loses again then he'd have to work really hard to get another title shot. But thats no reason not to give him one now when he's clearly deserving.
finnish_line
8/27/10 12:04:05PM

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with this shot (if he gets past Maynard).

It's the prospect of yet another shot after that in a year's time.

SweeneyTom
8/27/10 12:22:18PM
If it comes down to Florian winning, and Edgar beating BJ again, I honestly think KenFlo can win the belt. Of course then you could have Kenny vs. BJ 2 for KenFlo's belt, so it might be a short title reign, but still. I think if it comes down to Kenny fighting Frankie, Florian will win the belt.
CCPRIDE99
8/29/10 1:50:10AM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by CCPRIDE99

yes it was a joke. i was stating that bj penn gets more title matches than anyone else no matter what he does. now that he lost to edgar i think hes prolly gonna move up and fight gsp for the welterweight title again
whoops, sarcasm detector turned off. My bad.