UFC 116 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 116 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
grappler0000
7/3/10 11:53:55PM
This has been a pretty badass event so far.
Twenty20Dollars
7/3/10 11:59:41PM
who's getting SOTN?
Pookie
7/4/10 12:03:06AM
Id imagine Lytle v. Brown

Kotn to Bonnar v. Sos

And Fotn to Leben v. Akiyama

Though, Romero v. Petruzelli deserves mention.

Shawn91111
7/4/10 12:07:21AM
Someone let me know when the Main Event is going to start. The PbP is freezing up for me
AchillesHeel
7/4/10 12:08:39AM
These are some big dudes.
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 12:10:21AM
what about 500-600 lbs in the octagon
Pookie
7/4/10 12:17:44AM
telnights
7/4/10 12:17:46AM
WOW
Aether
7/4/10 12:18:55AM
I guess Brock Lesnar is getting sub of the night.... never thought I would see that.
telnights
7/4/10 12:19:39AM
Lesnar has a hell of a chin and tons of heart.
grappler0000
7/4/10 12:19:45AM
Didn't get the ending right, but I'll take my 7 points.
Pookie
7/4/10 12:20:50AM

Posted by Aether

I guess Brock Lesnar is getting sub of the night.... never thought I would see that.

Id be surprised if they didnt give out multiple sotn awards
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/10 12:22:39AM
man carwin and seth costed me points by punching themselves out in the first
gartface
7/4/10 12:23:41AM
Amazing. He's turning into one of my very favorite fighters. I was so nervous leading up to this fight just because of the lay off, but I'm glad he came away with a win.
grappler0000
7/4/10 12:23:54AM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Aether

Id be surprised if they didnt give out multiple sotn awards

I was actually thinking the same thing.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 12:25:20AM
Uh....if anyone called that correctly, screen shot your pick and I'll prop you twice.
mrsmiley
7/4/10 12:25:54AM
Major props to both guys for a fight like that!

1. Brock showed unwavering heart and determination. I really thought the fight was going to get stopped for a second or two.

2. I really do think Carwin's cardio played a factor in this fight. If he can improve that I think a rematch would be amazing.

I think that shows that as of now Brock has got to be considered the number one HW despite a very sparse record. Though a win against Mir,Couture,and now Carwin makes for a great collection of wins.
grappler0000
7/4/10 12:30:50AM
So, who all had AV bets tonight?
Pookie
7/4/10 12:35:13AM
4-7 with 30 points and i broke even. Im going to have to check, but this might just be the worse ive ever done.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 12:35:19AM
I was right for the most part....Carwin's wrestling made the first round. I think if he had cardio, that was Carwin's fight to lose. That answered all the questions about Carwin's cardio and Lesnar's chin that we were asking.
sbulldavid
7/4/10 12:40:12AM
I loved the little moment Carwin and Lesner shared before the start of the second round. Lesner is a true warrior and he got the last laugh. That fight went exactly how I thought it would, up until the submission anyway, that showed the true growth of Lesner he kept his poise and didn't rush like he did in his loss to Mir. I think Velasquez will be the man dethrone him however.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 12:48:00AM
I think this opens up many doors for Cain...his cardio is absurd and Lesnar CLEARLY needs to work on his striking. Amazing fight for me. Not sure if anyone else felt the same.
BlueSkiesBurn
7/4/10 12:49:38AM
Also, how about the fact that the main and co-main events had come from behind wins....that was epic.
ncordless
7/4/10 12:55:49AM
Decent event. The last two fights made it worth it, but other than that the fights were kind of a letdown for me.

Give me a random WEC event any day.
Pookie
7/4/10 1:00:48AM
Every fight on the main card was epic.

Bonnar forcing Sosynski to punch himself out and wilt come from behind victory.

Lytle getting the ugly end of the exchanges before a grappling checkmate come from behind victory.

Leben going to war with for rounds before submitting the exhausted akiyama in a come from behind victory with only :20 left.

Lesnar galloping like a wounded bison and recovering from Fire and Brimstone(Carwin's left and right hands, respectively) to snatch an Arm-triangle choke on an exhausted Carwin come from behind victory.

ncordless
7/4/10 1:03:51AM

Posted by Pookie

Every fight on the main card was epic.

Bonnar forcing Sosynski to punch himself out and wilt come from behind victory.

Lytle getting the ugly end of the exchanges before a grappling checkmate come from behind victory.

Leben going to war with for rounds before submitting the exhausted akiyama in a come from behind victory with only :20 left.

Lesnar galloping like a wounded bison and recovering from Fire and Brimstone(Carwin's left and right hands, respectively) to snatch an Arm-triangle choke on an exhausted Carwin come from behind victory.

lol, I am having the same conversation with another teammate on another thread. Was definitely back and forth.
Cdellorso
7/4/10 1:34:48AM
does no one think that Lesnar ran like a coward then turtled? how many un answered punches did he throw- Lessnar did not fight back.
Drudinh
7/4/10 3:05:37AM
Wow. What a night that was
ncordless
7/4/10 3:24:11AM

Posted by Cdellorso

does no one think that Lesnar ran like a coward then turtled? how many un answered punches did he throw- Lessnar did not fight back.

Well, his defense really sucked and he did start to turn his back, but I would just call that not knowing how to defend and not calling him a coward. Turtling is not the worst thing to do if you are rocked and need some time to recover. The position is designed to limit damage, which it did fairly well for Lesnar. What would you have him do if he is rocked? Take it like a man and get KOed?
grappler0000
7/4/10 3:44:27AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Uh....if anyone called that correctly, screen shot your pick and I'll prop you twice.

Well, I didn't quite nail it, but other than the finish, I nailed absolutely everything. I got 7 points on here, as I picked Lesnar/Round 2/TKO. On UFC's website, I picked Lesnar/Round 2/ Minute 2/TKO. Even better...I not only got the round, but the exact minute as well, which is a pretty tough thing to do. It was then that I noticed that the fight was stopped at 2:19...so I went and looked at my prediction over at MMA Mania. See the capture below. You'll notice that I picked the right winner, the right round, and the exact second that it finished...with the only missing element being the finishing method.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5