UFC 115 Results/Discussion (Spoilerse)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 115 Results/Discussion (Spoilerse)
« Previous Page
AchillesHeel
6/13/10 12:28:12AM
Well that was sudden.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 12:29:05AM
and he will be retired
sbulldavid
6/13/10 12:29:35AM
Wow, Liddell does have a glass jaw, he looked great up until that point.
gartface
6/13/10 12:30:23AM
7 points... missed it by a few seconds. Did anyone else notice Bill Mahood's a judge now?
sbulldavid
6/13/10 12:35:47AM

Posted by gartface

7 points... missed it by a few seconds. Did anyone else notice Bill Mahood's a judge now?

No, I didn't realize that, but he is Canadian.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 12:48:27AM
I saw that about Bill Mahood. And that, Pookie, is why I did NOT pick Chuck.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 12:51:08AM
Well, 6-5 for the event. Started strong and then fell off rapidly. Didn't mind seeing Cro Cop win, though.
Twenty20Dollars
6/13/10 12:53:46AM
pyle SOTN
franklin KOTN
condit/macdonald FOTN

I wonder how many fights cro cop will get in his new contract
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 1:13:49AM
Cro Cop got Sub of the Night.

Franklin will undoubtedly get KOTN

FOTN probably went to Condit and MacDonald.
sbulldavid
6/13/10 1:18:43AM
I like Cro Cop/Barry FOTN

Pyle SOTN

Yves Lavigne KOTN
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 1:37:10AM
They said on air Cro Cop got SOTN. They didn't announce FOTN or KOTN on air but Cro Cop DID get SOTN. I'm guessing about the other two because I can't see anyone else who would top them. If Cro Cop got SOTN, the logical conclusion would be that MacDonald and Condit would get FOTN. KOTN seems pretty logical as well. It was the main event and Chuck was down for over a minute and a half.
ncordless
6/13/10 2:02:33AM

Posted by Caesarrrr

My picks are destroyed. I hate this sport sometime.

Actually, it is what makes this sport the best. It is the hardest to predict what will happen. Even the absolute top analysts don't get better than 2/3 fight right over the long haul.
postman
6/13/10 2:11:43AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by Caesarrrr

My picks are destroyed. I hate this sport sometime.

Actually, it is what makes this sport the best. It is the hardest to predict what will happen. Even the absolute top analysts don't get better than 2/3 fight right over the long haul.

I didn't do well but I kinda knew it would be bad. I honestly had no faith in any of my picks.......not one.
sbulldavid
6/13/10 2:20:04AM
I always suck on the cards where I'm not all that interested.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 2:21:26AM
I should have parlayed on Franklin and Rothwell. I was 100% certain about those picks. I knew Rothwell would exploit Yvel's bad ground game and I pretty much knew Liddell was going to kiss the canvas. I picked Franklin UD in case Liddell's time off had helped his chin but I had it in the back of my mind that one punch from Franklin would more than likely see Chuck down to the canvas. Those two picks were a pretty sure thing. I can't see how anyone would have seen those two fights ending any differently. In the IFL, I could have seen Rothwell standing and trading with Yvel. In the UFC, however, knowing that a loss to Yvel would certainly place him on the fast track to a pink slip, there was no way he was going to stand and trade with the Hurricane. He was going to ground game his way to a victory if it the last thing he ever did.
postman
6/13/10 2:29:42AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I should have parlayed on Franklin and Rothwell. I was 100% certain about those picks. I knew Rothwell would exploit Yvel's bad ground game and I pretty much knew Liddell was going to kiss the canvas. I picked Franklin UD in case Liddell's time off had helped his chin but I had it in the back of my mind that one punch from Franklin would more than likely see Chuck down to the canvas. Those two picks were a pretty sure thing. I can't see how anyone would have seen those two fights ending any differently. In the IFL, I could have seen Rothwell standing and trading with Yvel. In the UFC, however, knowing that a loss to Yvel would certainly place him on the fast track to a pink slip, there was no way he was going to stand and trade with the Hurricane. He was going to ground game his way to a victory if it the last thing he ever did.

I played Rothwell and Miranda 500 for a $1,974 payout. I also put another 500 on Miranda for 850. I forgot about that fight I was pretty sure Miranda would win he was -something or other on Bodog and he was a +170 on here so I figured LET IT RIDE!!!!! lol I guess at the time I confident in Rothwell as well but when the fight started I was really worried Yvel would put him to sleep.
ncordless
6/13/10 2:35:50AM
I rode dunham, Miranda, and Franklin home for a parley win.

I can't believe I got robbed out of +4 points on that Dunham SD... not to mention the damn media covering Dunham this time so I didn't get the underdog bonus
BlueSkiesBurn
6/13/10 2:41:14AM
Claude Patrick was another certainty for me. There are a couple fights that I was just really sure of and the others where I couldn't make up my mind. I relied heavily on the opinions of others and my camp mates. I feel they were informed and don't regret them. I wanted to pick Cro Cop because I love him as a fighter but my brain said that he hasn't performed all that well in the UFC and that he and Barry were gonna trade.
aristipe
6/13/10 2:07:56PM
This sport is totally unpredictable. I don't even bother making predictions because I'm a newbie. Just logged in today for the 1st time as a matter of fact. I thought Pat Barry was gonna win by KO with leg kicks or head kicks and I was completely wrong.I love the unpredictability. After a while, once I'm familiar with MMA in general and not just the biggest names, I might start making predictions. I'll keep a record of my predictions for at least an entire year before I would even consider betting real money on it. I want to enjoy this sport. I don't want to be upset at myself for losing money because my picks lost.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]