MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 115 results
jae_1833
6/13/10 2:32:55AM
mmajunkie
OFFICIAL RESULTS
Rich Franklin def. Chuck Liddell via KO (punch) - Round 1, 4:55
Mirko Filipovic def. Pat Barry by submission (rear-naked choke) - 4:30, Round 3
Martin Kampmann def. Paulo Thiago by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27
Ben Rothwell def. Gilbert Yvel by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-28, 29-28)
Carlos Condit def. Rory MacDonald by TKO (strikes) - Round 3, 4:53
PRELIMINARY CARD

Evan Dunham def. Tyson Griffin via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
Matt Wiman def. Mac Danzig via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 1, 1:45
Mario Miranda def. David Loiseau via TKO (strikes) - Round 2, 4:07
James Wilks def. Peter Sobotta via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-28, 30-27)
Claude Patrick def. Ricardo Funch via submission (guillotine choke) - Round 2, 1:48
Mike Pyle def. Jesse Lennox via technical submission (triangle choke) - Round 3, 4:44
Caesarrrr
6/13/10 10:16:03AM
This is the worst I've ever predicted. Right from the prelims on spike, I knew I was in trouble.
isk
6/13/10 10:29:12AM
==Franklin/Liddell==

HUGE surprise. I picked Liddell to win via counter punches. Ace's striking seemed to be about the same as before, but I was pleased that he relied less on body kicks and that he seemed to be timing his leg kicks intelligently. He still does that weird weaving duck when he's in a little trouble, if he learns to make that more fundamentally sound I think he'll be much better on the feet. Machida still takes it it a rematch, but Rich is the best gatekeeper you could hope for. No shame when I use that title for him.

Chuck's done imo. Let's get him as the MC for TUF - viewers would tune in just for him, and he gets another reason to keep showing up at expos. The fans love him, he helps the UFC with his star power, and he keeps getting paid while preserving his health. Win/win for everyone.

==Cro Cop/Barry==

Another huge surprise. I was picking Barry to win via R1 TKO from leg kicks. Unfortunately it seems that Barry was a little too respectful, kind of like GSP in the first Hughes fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Cro Cop won and really this was the best outcome. Cro Cop hung in there and showed more mental and physical toughness than we're used to seeing from him lately, and I think Barry can bounce back from this. I just don't think we saw the best we could from Barry.

==Kampmann/Thiago==

I predicted that if Kampmann was smart on the feet, using range and precision to outbox Thiago that he'd take home a win. I figured he was competent enough on the ground to survive, but what I didn't expect was for him to dominate there. Sure, he had top position most of the time, but he put Thiago in some impossible positions. Very impressive.

Thiago's out of the title hunt for now. Not sure I'd put him against Dan Hardy - if Thiago keeps it standing it would be an exciting fight that I see Hardy taking, and I think Hardy's too hardnosed on the ground to get tapped.

==Rothwell/Yvel==

Fight was painful to watch. If Nelson loses to JDS, let's have him rematch Rothwell. Yvel is likely done in the UFC.

==Condit/Macdonald==

Great fight! Condit is the welterweight Josh Neer - his fantastic chin and decent submissions cloud his reasoning so that he thinks he doesn't need to work on ground control or takedown defense. His boxing is also a bit behind. If he sharpens his technical skills he'll be a force.

Macdonald is still super young and a great talent. I think he'll bounce back, but the UFC may not be the best place for him at this point in his career.

Special mention for Mike Pyle. Homeboy got robbed on Submission of the Night. His striking looked a bit better, too. I like this guy.
sbulldavid
6/13/10 12:52:22PM
I was thinking Franklin/Lil Nog would be a real good fight.
isk
6/13/10 3:01:50PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I was thinking Franklin/Lil Nog would be a real good fight.

I like it! Fair chance we'll see it soon if not as their next fight.
Gogoplatapus
6/13/10 3:35:50PM

Posted by isk

Macdonald is still super young and a great talent. I think he'll bounce back, but the UFC may not be the best place for him at this point in his career.

I think Rory cleans 80% of the division. He looked unreal for two rounds and was 7 seconds from wining that fight. (Barring two judges scoring RD3 10-8).

Other than that

Edit
<<<<---that 2-9 looks ugly! FML
aristipe
6/13/10 5:01:07PM
About Rory maybe not being in the right place in the UFC, well, I guess it's relative. Many years ago, when MMA was not all that big in the US, it was possible for a fighter to actually have his MMA pro debut inside the UFC (BJ Penn anyone !). Now you have to earn peanuts fighting in minor leagues before Dana White will even consider you. If Rory MacDonald was able to get inside the UFC as such a young age, at least he will be well compensated for his efforts. I'm sure he'll be back better than ever. He has plenty of time to learn and improve, and I look forward to seeing his career evolve until he becomes a title contender in a few years. Problem is, GSP might still be champ by then, and he'll take out Rory for sure.
Giant_Ochai
6/13/10 5:10:01PM

Posted by isk

==Franklin/Liddell==

HUGE surprise. I picked Liddell to win via counter punches. Ace's striking seemed to be about the same as before, but I was pleased that he relied less on body kicks and that he seemed to be timing his leg kicks intelligently. He still does that weird weaving duck when he's in a little trouble, if he learns to make that more fundamentally sound I think he'll be much better on the feet. Machida still takes it it a rematch, but Rich is the best gatekeeper you could hope for. No shame when I use that title for him.

Chuck's done imo. Let's get him as the MC for TUF - viewers would tune in just for him, and he gets another reason to keep showing up at expos. The fans love him, he helps the UFC with his star power, and he keeps getting paid while preserving his health. Win/win for everyone.

==Cro Cop/Barry==

Another huge surprise. I was picking Barry to win via R1 TKO from leg kicks. Unfortunately it seems that Barry was a little too respectful, kind of like GSP in the first Hughes fight.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that Cro Cop won and really this was the best outcome. Cro Cop hung in there and showed more mental and physical toughness than we're used to seeing from him lately, and I think Barry can bounce back from this. I just don't think we saw the best we could from Barry.

==Kampmann/Thiago==

I predicted that if Kampmann was smart on the feet, using range and precision to outbox Thiago that he'd take home a win. I figured he was competent enough on the ground to survive, but what I didn't expect was for him to dominate there. Sure, he had top position most of the time, but he put Thiago in some impossible positions. Very impressive.

Thiago's out of the title hunt for now. Not sure I'd put him against Dan Hardy - if Thiago keeps it standing it would be an exciting fight that I see Hardy taking, and I think Hardy's too hardnosed on the ground to get tapped.

==Rothwell/Yvel==

Fight was painful to watch. If Nelson loses to JDS, let's have him rematch Rothwell. Yvel is likely done in the UFC.

==Condit/Macdonald==

Great fight! Condit is the welterweight Josh Neer - his fantastic chin and decent submissions cloud his reasoning so that he thinks he doesn't need to work on ground control or takedown defense. His boxing is also a bit behind. If he sharpens his technical skills he'll be a force.

Special mention for Mike Pyle. Homeboy got robbed on Submission of the Night. His striking looked a bit better, too. I like this guy.

None of your huge surprises surprised me at all. Chuck Liddell isn't going to win by counter punching against superior boxers. Cro Cop had dealt with far superior strikers than Pat Barry.
TimW001
6/13/10 5:21:39PM
Yep, did horribly.
cmill21
6/13/10 8:20:39PM
Me to.
icantthinkofanything
6/14/10 5:30:58AM
Am I the only one who picked Paulo Thiago to win?