UFC 113: Machida Vs Shogun - Live Results/Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 113: Machida Vs Shogun - Live Results/Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:34:10PM
Anybody else thinking: ''As much as i like Kimbo, i can't help thinking Mitrione is going to run through him'' ?
Shawn91111
5/8/10 10:34:18PM
Belcher vs Marquardt..if Nate wasnt involved with Paul Harris...even a rematch with Okami would be nice.
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:35:48PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Belcher vs Marquardt..if Nate wasnt involved with Paul Harris...even a rematch with Okami would be nice.

I like the idea of Okami too.
telnights
5/8/10 10:36:07PM
I think Belcher looked a lot better but I feel the Ref should have stopped the fight when he power bombed Pat. If Pat didn't raise his head he would have landed on the top of his head. That move is illegal for a very good reason, it can causes a broken neck or damage to the spine.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 10:36:29PM
I went with Kimbo, but I was never confident in picking him
postman
5/8/10 10:38:29PM

Posted by telnights

I think Belcher looked a lot better but I feel the Ref should have stopped the fight when he power bombed Pat. If Pat didn't raise his head he would have landed on the top of his head. That move is illegal for a very good reason, it can causes a broken neck or damage to the spine.

I agree there is too much of a gray area there they need say Any move in the "POWERBOMB" motion is Illegal
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:39:16PM
I didn't feel that the slam stunned him at all though.....
Twenty20Dollars
5/8/10 10:40:04PM
knock the beard off of him, meathead
sbulldavid
5/8/10 10:45:52PM
Kimbo got tired, and let that round slip away, he looks overmatched
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:48:17PM
To give Mitrione his credit, he does look good.
postman
5/8/10 10:48:53PM
Without their names these two wouldn't be on the main card of a king of the cage card lol
sbulldavid
5/8/10 10:49:27PM
Kimbo quits again
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:50:15PM

Posted by postman

Without their names these two wouldn't be on the main card of a king of the cage card lol

Agreed. But you've gotta take the chances you are given.
telnights
5/8/10 10:52:26PM
Kimbo looked like Kimbo but Mitrione looked much improved. Even his gas tank looked a lot better.
postman
5/8/10 10:52:34PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by postman

All the credit in the world for both of them making the most of their hand.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 10:52:46PM
That was probably the last time we'll see Kimbo on the main card, wouldn't be surprised if he get's cut.
MMAcca
5/8/10 10:53:59PM

Posted by postman

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by postman

All the credit in the world for both of them making the most of their hand.

I'm thinkin' Mitrione Vs Beltran next.
grappler0000
5/8/10 10:56:08PM

Posted by postman

Posted by telnights

I agree there is too much of a gray area there they need say Any move in the "POWERBOMB" motion is Illegal

Actually, it is very specific with that rule. I looked it up after the Marquardt/Leites fight. Paraphrasing...the feet need to be lifted straight up in the air and the fighter needs to be dropped straight down on his head pile-driver style. It wasn't illegal according to the rules.
mrsmiley
5/8/10 10:56:14PM
Mitrionie and Kimbo went about how I thought it would.
It's such a shame though that Kimbo got such a late start into the game. He's got heart and has improved but I think age is a big factor against his mma career.
postman
5/8/10 10:57:47PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

Posted by telnights

Actually, it is very specific with that rule. I looked it up after the Marquardt/Leites fight. Paraphrasing...the feet need to be lifted straight up in the air and the fighter needs to be dropped straight down on his head pile-driver style. It wasn't illegal according to the rules.

In tht case was Nates Truely illegal? I can't remember how it went.
telnights
5/8/10 10:58:08PM

Posted by sbulldavid

That was probably the last time we'll see Kimbo on the main card, wouldn't be surprised if he get's cut.

I think they will keep him on for at least one more fight. Even if some don't like him the guys a big draw.
postman
5/8/10 10:59:48PM
I wouldn't be suprised if he gets 3 gimmie fights on undercards that if all goes well get aired on the main card. Name is still too big for Strikeforce to put on CBS.
scoozna
5/8/10 11:01:18PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by sbulldavid

I think they will keep him on for at least one more fight. Even if some don't like him the guys a big draw.

Yeah, I think they'll keep him a bit longer. I like the guy, he won me over. But Mitrione just had too much for him. I'm still not sure how good Mitrione is, but it just seemed he had more to offer than Kimbo.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 11:01:22PM
Mitrione looked good and very much improved, and you can't teach composure, I don't see Kimbo let his hands go and attack anymore and if he gets another shot he'd better learn some defense and remember what got him this opportunity.
postman
5/8/10 11:04:16PM

Posted by sbulldavid
he'd better learn some defense and remember what got him this opportunity.

Fixed fights?
MMAcca
5/8/10 11:05:32PM

Posted by postman

Posted by sbulldavid
he'd better learn some defense and remember what got him this opportunity.

Fixed fights?

telnights
5/8/10 11:08:37PM

Posted by grappler0000

Well I will have to re-watch it but if Pat didn't raise his head I think it would have fit those rules.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 11:08:58PM
Awesome round, Stout looks sharp but Stevens throws heavy.
telnights
5/8/10 11:09:22PM
WOW Stephens looks really good.
MMAcca
5/8/10 11:12:25PM
Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting.com just posted this on twitter:

Interesting: one judge, Pasquale Procopio, gave the first round to Kimbo Slice, 10-9.

I hope to god Machida/Shogun can finish!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8