UFC 113: Machida Vs Shogun - Live Results/Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 113: Machida Vs Shogun - Live Results/Discussion
Next Page »
MMAcca
5/8/10 5:10:12PM
No thread on this already ? I'm shocked.

Anyway, tonight's card is as follows and i will update this post with results throughout.

Main Bouts (On Pay-Per-View):

-Lyoto Machida vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua - MMA Live on ESPN is reporting that 'Shogun' has injured his knee and that this has hampered his preperation.

-Josh Koscheck def. Paul Daley by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27), R3 - Daley takes a swing at Koscheck after the bell and the referee has to restrain him. Both fighters gesturing and cursing at each other.

-Jeremy Stephens def. Sam Stout by Split Decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28), R3

-Matt Mitrione def. Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson by TKO (Strikes) at 4:24, R2

-Alan Belcher def. Patrick Cote by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 3:29, R2 - Belcher then proceeded to call out Anderson Silva.

Preliminary Bouts (Non-Televised):

-Joe Doerksen def. Tom Lawlor by Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 2:10, R2
-Marcus Davis def. Jonathan Goulet by TKO (Strikes) at 1:23, R2
-Johny Hendricks def. T.J. Grant by Majority Decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28), R3
-Joey Beltran def. Tim Hague by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28), R3
-Mike Guymon def. Yoshiyuki Yoshida by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27), R3
-John Salter def. Jason MacDonald by TKO (Injury) at 2:42, R1 (J-Mac has suffered an apparent broken ankle.)

DCRage
5/8/10 5:12:23PM
What, you expected me to start it 3-4 hours in advance?
MMAcca
5/8/10 5:14:09PM
I'm just used to seeing a thread there i guess. I didn't realise it was so early to be honest
lohmann
5/8/10 6:00:52PM
I have not been so stoked and confused about a fight in a very long time.

War Machida!
MMAcca
5/8/10 6:13:23PM
I hope my new 'Semtex' av brings luck to my fellow brit tonight!

(Thanks to gspfan)
Twenty20Dollars
5/8/10 6:21:24PM
i hope that one guy gets his beard knocked off
MMAcca
5/8/10 6:51:05PM
How long have the UFC been running 'locker room' cams ?

Just stumbled on this. Interesting stuff. 'The Irish Hand Grenade' is hitting spot pads
Shawn91111
5/8/10 6:53:35PM

Posted by DCRage

What, you expected me to start it 3-4 hours in advance?

You normally do.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 6:55:13PM
I think you just want the event to hurry up and start...I know I do. Oh, DC, I normally expect you to start things days in advance so, yeah, I was a little surprised I hadn't seen this thread yet.
DCRage
5/8/10 7:10:16PM
I do have a life, and the plans got put on hold with that rain delay in the Yanks-SAWX game. Besides, a lot happening over in Japan today, gotta blog about it all, someone apparently got an arm snapped today.

Event should start in about 10 minutes.
MMAcca
5/8/10 7:15:13PM
UK guys - SkyBet are offering 6-1 odds on Daley winning in the first round. I thought it was worth a punt.
Twenty20Dollars
5/8/10 7:15:48PM
looks like the hot bout is hague/beltran
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 7:16:38PM
Yes, if you'd kindly STFU about the Yankees-Sox game, I'd love you forever.

I don't think we've beat them since opening day
DCRage
5/8/10 7:41:41PM
WOW. Ugly start-Salter wins because MacDonald broke his ankle early. "MacDonald lands a high kick and tries to pounce, but he slips to guard and grabs a guillotine. He quickly lets go, and Salter sets up on top. Miragliotta rushes in quickly to stop the fight. Confusion at first, but replays show MacDonald's leg buckled under him grotesquely on the fall to the floor, and his ankle is broken."

Official stop time: 2:42. TKO (injury).
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 7:42:35PM
That's gonna piss some people off.
DCRage
5/8/10 7:44:52PM
First thing I thought when I saw this was Corey Hill all over again. Hopefully Jason will be OK.

He was down for several minutes before his leg was placed in a boot and he was helped from the cage.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 7:45:14PM
Are you using the Sherdog PBP or what? It isn't showing sh*t for the Salter fight
DCRage
5/8/10 7:45:53PM
Junkie. I normally use them.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 7:48:11PM
Thank you, kind sir
Shawn91111
5/8/10 7:52:00PM
Junkie is a lot faster with their pbp updates than sherdog.
Pookie
5/8/10 7:55:11PM
Figured Macdonald's body would give out in some manner, this is like his third fight in 45 days.

Sucks it was an injury, but nonetheless.

1-0, 9 points, One parlay leg down.
sbulldavid
5/8/10 7:55:42PM
0-1 but that's okay, "The Athlete" was a heavy favorite.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 7:56:42PM
Yeah, that one sucks on the overall event record.
Shawn91111
5/8/10 7:58:31PM
Can the Yankees piss on the Sox anymore? Go Yanks
sbulldavid
5/8/10 7:59:44PM
I'm really looking forward to Cote/Belcher, I expect a war since they both have a lot to prove. I picked Cote but I'm worried about his stamina and explosion.
BlueSkiesBurn
5/8/10 8:01:37PM

Can the Yankees piss on the Sox anymore? Go Yanks

I hate you so much right now. I hope your picks bottom out.
MMAcca
5/8/10 8:03:20PM
YOSHIYUKI YOSHIDA VS. MIKE GUYMON

R1 – The fighters clinch and Yoshida presses Guymon to the fence. Guymon takes Yoshida down, putting him on his back, but Yoshida locks on and arm-in guillotine choke. Guymon patiently works his way out, unloading a couple heavy forearm blows on his way back to his feet. He manages a guillotine of his own on the standing Yoshida. Yoshida escapes and presses Guymon to the fence, trying to find a takedown, but Guymon drives home a few knees to the legs and reverses position. Yoshida lands a stiff right jab to the chin then follows with a solid combination before getting rocked by some hard punches from Guymon, who then takes Yoshida down and starts unloading with forearms and punches, but not with enough time to finish the fight.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Guymon
Pookie
5/8/10 8:03:55PM

Posted by sbulldavid

I'm really looking forward to Cote/Belcher, I expect a war since they both have a lot to prove. I picked Cote but I'm worried about his stamina and explosion.

I agree on it being a war. I expect Belcher to look crisper based on all the different hindering factors that might effect Cote's effectiveness.
MMAcca
5/8/10 8:04:16PM

Posted by sbulldavid

That's why i picked Belcher
MMAcca
5/8/10 8:07:00PM
R2 – Guymon unleashes a couple hard knees to the body before taking Yoshida down. He moves to full mount and starts to drop shots, but Yoshida deftly escapes, making his way back to the feet. Yoshida attempts to pull Guymon down with a guillotine choke, but Guymon slips out and starts pounding away. They return to their feet, Yoshida going for a takedown, but he virtually gets spiked as they wrestle back to the mat, Guymon quickly taking Yoshida’s back and locking on a rear naked choke. Yoshida escapes and eventually passes to side control, but Guymon ties up his head and keeps moving to negate Yoshida’s offense.

MMAWeekly.com scores the round 10-9 for Guymon
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8