UFC 112 on Jim Rome is Burning

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC 112 on Jim Rome is Burning
BlueSkiesBurn
4/13/10 6:24:55PM
I don't know if any of you caught JIRB today but he had two spots on Anderson Silva and pretty much echoed our sentiments as only Rome can do. I was only able to find a link of his show earlier today with Urijah Faber on it but if anyone finds the What I am Burning On segment or the forum discussion I'll prop them.

Either way, it was really nice to see Rome back up everything I was thinking and all but tell his forum guest that they had no idea what they were talking about when asked about how Dana White handled the situation.

LINK
Wallass
4/13/10 11:31:50PM
I listened for the Urijah interview today and really enjoyed it but missed the rest unfortunately. Urijah is such a great spokesman for mma.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/13/10 11:39:06PM
I love that Rome is solid enough in his MMA knowledge that he picks really good ambassadors to appear on his shows. Faber, Couture, Hendo...Rome does a great job of not misrepresenting the sport and pushing it on ESPN here in the states.
emfleek
4/14/10 8:53:53AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I love that Rome is solid enough in his MMA knowledge that he picks really good ambassadors to appear on his shows. Faber, Couture, Hendo...Rome does a great job of not misrepresenting the sport and pushing it on ESPN here in the states.

Yeah, it's a shame that he's a douchebag, though.
Jackelope
4/14/10 11:00:47AM
I used to think Rome was a doucher until I started listening to his show on the regular. He won me over very quickly. Once you're in on all the inside jokes and trash talk you can't help but love the guy. Plus, he calls it as is. I find myself listening to him more than Cowherd these days
emfleek
4/14/10 11:25:24AM

Posted by Jackelope

I used to think Rome was a doucher until I started listening to his show on the regular. He won me over very quickly. Once you're in on all the inside jokes and trash talk you can't help but love the guy. Plus, he calls it as is. I find myself listening to him more than Cowherd these days

I'm a Cowherd fan, myself.

JR isn't on the radio around here anymore. I'd give him another chance if I could. I just remember absolutely despising the guy years ago.
Jackelope
4/14/10 12:26:18PM
I like Cowherd a lot, too. He brings business insight into sports and tells it from a more "real world" perspective than from a fan perspective. I'm not a fan of his interviews, though. Sometimes he asks very poignant questions and gets to the bottom of things well but I think he comes off arrogant in most of them. JR has great interviews where he lets the guest do the talking and has a bit more fun.

If you get a chance to you should definitely give JR another shot. I didn't like him years ago but now that I'm a bit older I get it a bit more and actually like "The Jungle" a lot haha
BlueSkiesBurn
4/14/10 4:53:14PM
I have been a JR fan ever since he had the whole "Chris Everett" incident with Jim Everett. Absolutely one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I like that he's mellowed down QUITE a bit and doesn't f*ck with his guests like that anymore but when that interview took place I was young and immature enough to find it hilarious.

Cowherd is okay with me. I think sometimes he speaks on topics without really having the full story or just makes some outlandish claims. I do have say that I really like him on SportsNation, though. That and Beadle is hot as hell. I used to listen to his show Thundering Herd but I found that I rather just listen to The Jungle like Jackelope.

Haha, I had to include the link of Jim Everett going apeshit on Jim Rome

Best Interview
BustedKnuckle
4/14/10 6:24:50PM

Yeah I thought the interview with Dana was great. Sonnen vs Silva is actually I fight I am very interested in seeing. I made a thread in the UFC forum just a few mins ago. Geuss I should have checked here as well??? Ohh well.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/14/10 6:29:11PM
haha, i didn't see any interview with Dana, just one with Urijah Faber. If you have a link to Jim Rome interviewing Dana White after UFC 112 link it up here and I'll prop you.