10of the Most Terrifying Places on Earth

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 10of the Most Terrifying Places on Earth
The_Metal_Maniac
7/13/10 12:30:11AM
One more pretty interesting list.

There are places on this planet that are stranger than the most alien landscapes we have ever imagined. Places that make your skin crawl. Places that induce heavy breathing and paranoia, before anything has even happened. We walk the dark, dusty steps of old castles and houses. We roam the halls of asylums and tunnels, hoping to glimpse something otherworldly. But sometimes, we wish we wouldn’t. Sometimes, our curiosity gets the better of us in the beginning, and is then squashed by a feeling that no human ever wants to be familiar with: absolute terror.

We hear screams in the night, footsteps in the hall. We see shadows flit by, and fog taking the shape of something eerily familiar. We breathe, we pray, and step lightly. We scream, we curse, and we sprint. Some encounters are mysterious, others violent, all terrifying. Why do we insist on investigating places such as these? Mere curiosity only gets us so far, and then we need a driving force embedded much deeper into our psyche in order to power on. Would you spend the night alone in these places?

Article

CaranoGirl
7/13/10 10:59:32AM
Pretty creepy!! Seemed like number one on the list was the least creepiest of them all.
SmileR
7/13/10 3:12:42PM

Posted by CaranoGirl

Pretty creepy!! Seemed like number one on the list was the least creepiest of them all.

I thought the same thing. Its basically just a old tunnel but some of those old asylums are freaky as hell, especially the one with the permanent outline of the dead woman!
emfleek
7/13/10 3:20:31PM
You mean this?

Helltown sounded the craziest to me. I'd love to check it out!
casketcoin
7/13/10 5:06:06PM
What was the song on the ByBerry Mental Asylum video?
AchillesHeel
7/13/10 5:06:13PM
I have to say, I'm disappointed with this list. It's mostly faux supernatural ****. That's fun and all, but nothing compared to Dachau or the Amazon Rain Forest, imo.
SmileR
7/13/10 7:09:47PM

Posted by emfleek

You mean this?

Helltown sounded the craziest to me. I'd love to check it out!

Let me know if you're going out there! I'd fly over of that!
The_Metal_Maniac
7/13/10 7:48:27PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I have to say, I'm disappointed with this list. It's mostly faux supernatural ****. That's fun and all, but nothing compared to Dachau or the Amazon Rain Forest, imo.

It probably should had read as the 10 most supernaturally terrifying places on earth. The amazon and back woods mountain towns are probably in the literal as more terrifying. I know if I heard banjo music in some secluded old mountain town it would instantly become numero uno.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/14/10 9:32:01AM
Jackelope
7/14/10 10:39:47AM
I know it's a little played out, but I swear if anybody drives down the old route 666 in the dead of night they will be convinced that skin walkers are real and they will more than likely think that is a creepy ass place too. I have literally seen an indian hitching down route 666 in the dead of night. Creepy as hell.

The insane asylum in Jerome, AZ should probably get some mention as well. Also it's strange (and refreshing) not to see the staples get mentioned like the Hotel Coronado in San Diego.

All in all I'd have to say that the Stull cemetary place and the Aokigahara forest were the most creepy ones
emfleek
7/14/10 10:55:27AM
Don't forget about Waverly Hills Sanitorium...

...and the Winchester Mansion.

AchillesHeel
7/14/10 10:58:12AM

Posted by The_Metal_Maniac

I know if I heard banjo music in some secluded old mountain town it would instantly become numero uno.