UFC 109 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 109 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
imanidiot777
2/6/10 11:54:22PM

Posted by postman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

LnP for the win? Sonnen please, you have no chance other than takedowns for points. You wont be a champ

Disagree thats GNP and we all said if Hendo can get Anderson down it will be a long night. Rd 1 went to dan. I would pick Anderson but Sonnen is legit.

Every time I think someone has a chance against Anderson he makes them look stupid. So I'm going to learn from the past and not think Sonnen has a chance.
mkiv9secsupra
2/6/10 11:56:14PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Pookie

Look at chael sonnen work man.

work what? his rest while laying on top of his opponent technique?

You must not be watching the same fight. I didn't see any rest.

just because he continuously punches doesnt mean he is active. there is zero power behind anything and at no point is nate in trouble that is THE definition of LnP. work but dont finish
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/6/10 11:57:03PM
WAR SONNEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

postman
2/6/10 11:58:26PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by postman

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

LnP for the win? Sonnen please, you have no chance other than takedowns for points. You wont be a champ

Disagree thats GNP and we all said if Hendo can get Anderson down it will be a long night. Rd 1 went to dan. I would pick Anderson but Sonnen is legit.

Every time I think someone has a chance against Anderson he makes them look stupid. So I'm going to learn from the past and not think Sonnen has a chance.

I hear ya
Pookie
2/6/10 11:58:29PM
Im pretty sure the definition of LnP is Laying on your opponent, while praying for the judges to award you aggression and control.

If your working continously, thats not LnP. Guida v. Diaz is LnP
BlueSkiesBurn
2/6/10 11:58:56PM
I'd ask Marquardt if you think any of those punches hurt. look painful to me.
mkiv9secsupra
2/7/10 12:00:01AM

Posted by Pookie
If your working continously, thats not LnP.

so staying in the guard while landing no significant shots for 12 out of 15 minutes is not LnP to you?
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/10 12:00:29AM
Sonnen is just dominating him. I can promise you not too many people outside of Sonnen's camp saw this fight going down like this. If I could prop Sonnen, I would.
imanidiot777
2/7/10 12:01:05AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Pookie

so staying in the guard while landing no significant shots for 12 out of 15 minutes is not LnP to you?

There was quite a few significant punches, just because the guy isn't immediately KO'd doesn't mean they weren't meaningful. They sound pretty damn hard. And they are moving around and changing position quite a bit.
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/10 12:02:39AM
Marquardt's ribs can't be feeling too good. The punches may not have been extremely forceful but taking 45 of them in a night can't feel too good.
CanadianCripplr
2/7/10 12:03:33AM
I dont know if it was just my monitors color but Sonnens face was purple in that last choke, I thought he was goin out....
scoozna
2/7/10 12:03:38AM
Wow, dominated by Chael. That sucks.
Twenty20Dollars
2/7/10 12:04:17AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sonnen is just dominating him. I can promise you not too many people outside of Sonnen's camp saw this fight going down like this. If I could prop Sonnen, I would.

just wait for sonnen to start talking then you wont want to prop him
imanidiot777
2/7/10 12:04:27AM

Posted by CanadianCripplr

I dont know if it was just my monitors color but Sonnens face was purple in that last choke, I thought he was goin out....

I thought it was purple as well.
mkiv9secsupra
2/7/10 12:04:54AM

Posted by imanidiot777
There was quite a few significant punches, just because the guy isn't immediately KO'd doesn't mean they weren't meaningful. They sound pretty damn hard. And they are moving around and changing position quite a bit.

just because they sound hard doesnt mean they were significant as well. Nate was in no immediate danger which in turn makes none of the strikes a danger. switching from half guard to full guard is not a major transition. Sonnen has no chance of beating another top fighter, PERIOD
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/10 12:05:01AM
I actually think he's funny when he interviews.
Pookie
2/7/10 12:05:12AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Pookie

Nope, i call it the Nick Diaz effect. If theres a constant stream of work, the opponent is at least losing steam from getting worked to the body.
Its the little Nuances man...
CanadianCripplr
2/7/10 12:05:35AM
How bout Rogans blatant Nate nuthuggery....like he was gonna steal the fight with a few shots in the last minute
Lethal
2/7/10 12:05:51AM
"i think I can beat any man God ever made."
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
2/7/10 12:05:57AM
I just cannot pick a marquart fight correctly . Picked horn , kampmann and gouvea to beat him , picked thales and chael to lose . WTF!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought sonnen would but he proved me wrong too many times so i took marquart ... goddamitt !!!!! WAR SONENNNNNNNN!!!

One of the most exciting fights ive ever seen , f**k the drunk fans with A.D.D. !!!! go have a beer!!!!!!!
imanidiot777
2/7/10 12:06:06AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by imanidiot777

just because they sound hard doesnt mean they were significant as well. Nate was in no immediate danger which in turn makes none of the strikes a danger. switching from half guard to full guard is not a major transition. Sonnen has no chance of beating another top fighter, PERIOD

I wouldn't underestimate him. I don't think he has a chance against Silva but I wouldn't count him out otherwise.
karn501
2/7/10 12:06:07AM
wow that fight sucked props to chael but i just don't like it when people make no attempt to finish
BlueSkiesBurn
2/7/10 12:07:30AM
I completely agree with Pookie. It's akin to getting pressure on a quarterback, it might not always lead to a sack but they start thinking twice before making a decision. That hesitation can prove to be fatal.
postman
2/7/10 12:08:13AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by imanidiot777

He just did
tepid55
2/7/10 12:09:12AM
I'm 5-5 with 54 points.
grappler0000
2/7/10 12:09:23AM
Doh! Another close parlay missed.

I had 1500 on Sonnen/Miller for a 71000 payout. Oh well, maybe next time.
mkiv9secsupra
2/7/10 12:13:03AM
WOW sonnen beats one guy and all of a sudden he is the #1 challenger?!?!?! give me a break and please get off the bandwagon already guys. what a laugh
AchillesHeel
2/7/10 12:15:19AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

WOW sonnen beats one guy and all of a sudden he is the #1 challenger?!?!?! give me a break and please get off the bandwagon already guys. what a laugh

Dan Miller, Yushin Okami, Nate Marquardt. I count three, not one. Also, I think Vitor Belfort has the next title fight, doesn't he?
grappler0000
2/7/10 12:15:56AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Filho, Marquardt, and Okami were all top 10 fighters when he beat them...not bad in my book.
Nacho
2/7/10 12:16:36AM
Nate The Great is not so great on his back.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7