UFC 107 reshuffle as Penn vs. Sanchez replaces “Rampage” vs. Evans

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 107 reshuffle as Penn vs. Sanchez replaces “Rampage” vs. Evans
MMAcca
9/4/09 1:10:08PM
The inclusion of the lightweight title fight between B.J. Penn and Diego Sanchez at UFC 107 in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12th has been done in order to replace the clash between former light heavyweight champions, Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Rashad Evans.

The move comes just days after “Rampage” signed a deal with 20th Century Fox to film the big screen version of the A-Team, which has already begun filming in Vancouver, Canada. The timing of the shoot would have left the Tennessee native with next to no time to prepare for the fight and therefore it has been scrapped from the card.

LINK
EvenFlow
9/4/09 2:20:54PM
I dont pretend to understand Rampages decisions anymore, if money is this damn important, whats the point in fighting anymore.
StorminYourman
9/4/09 2:37:31PM

Posted by EvenFlow

I dont pretend to understand Rampages decisions anymore, if money is this damn important, whats the point in fighting anymore.

Agreed.He should just get his CPA already that way all he will do is work with money.
emfleek
9/4/09 2:47:49PM
FYI - the source is MMABay. Take that for what it's worth.
RyanC
9/4/09 2:50:27PM
I'm confused as to why he would pass up a chance to whip Rashad in his hometown. Most guys can't wait for a chance to fight at home.
Wolfenstein
9/4/09 3:14:19PM
I don't like to dictate anyone's life, or tell them what they should do, but I think Page is completely disregarding his prior commitment to the UFC. The whole point of TUF is to not only create new top prospects, but to also build hype for a matchup between coaches. How exciting can the season really be now that we know they won't even be fighting afterwards?
SaskQUATCH
9/4/09 3:23:46PM
The world doesn't rotate around MMA, the guy has a chance to make a movie, leave him be. It seems like a lot of people on here react to every little bit of news and take it personally.

State_Champ
9/4/09 3:25:49PM
Hopefully Rashad can get another opponent like Anderson Silva or Brandon Vera....

And I am pumped to see BJ fight Sanchez, even if BJ is just going to whup him like he did Ken-Flo
Chrrowley
9/4/09 3:27:39PM
You just can't stomach people criticizing Rampage's decisions.
Jackelope
9/4/09 3:29:10PM
This is MMA Bay. Let's wait for a more credible source before we make a judgment one way or the other.

If it is true, though, I don't imagine he would do something like this without getting permission from the UFC first.
emfleek
9/4/09 3:32:20PM
Also, IMDB.com has yet to list Rampage as playing the part of BA Baracus. They're usually pretty quick when it comes to that kind of thing since, you know, it *is* what they do.

A-TEAM on IMDB.com
BigBadAl
9/4/09 3:34:12PM
If it is true then I am not suprised the UFC let it happen. They would no doubt ask for something in return. Rampage the filmstar is a lot more marketable then Rampage the MMA fighter. Rampge being in a film is free advertisement for the UFC.
king_katool
9/4/09 4:06:31PM
i really hope MMABAY does what they do best, posting things with no source and turns out to be false, if it is true i honestly think page is looking for the $$$$ i dont think he has the drive to fight anymore, he may still fight but i dont think he will return to the form he once was, which sucks because he's in his prime, this really kills the season for me, i have to watch all this smack talk and look forward to rashad KOing page and now it wont happen, he did the same thing when he opted to do TUF10 instead of getting a title shot, he says" the title shot will still be there" but will it really be if he does a movie and then loses to rashad, this is really disappointing news
BustedKnuckle
9/4/09 4:23:47PM
MMABAY as the source???? I'll wait until there is a bit more proof to make my comment

EDIT: I have to admit the Page would be a great B A Barakus
prozacnation1978
9/4/09 7:20:12PM
why have a memphis card now, move it to vegas

then again penn vs sanchez
kongo vs mir

have evans fight at ufc 108 in vegas vs say a vera or thiago silva or hell

lil nog needs a name have him fight him in main event at ufc 105
Nightmare27
9/4/09 7:38:15PM

Posted by BustedKnuckle

MMABAY as the source???? I'll wait until there is a bit more proof to make my comment

EDIT: I have to admit the Page would be a great B A Barakus

MMABAY has given nothing but crappy info
king_katool
9/4/09 8:05:47PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

why have a memphis card now, move it to vegas

then again penn vs sanchez
kongo vs mir

have evans fight at ufc 108 in vegas vs say a vera or thiago silva or hell

lil nog needs a name have him fight him in main event at ufc 105

lol you just want to go to it haha, Penn wont fight in Nevada so i dont think they will move it
RMFG_187
9/4/09 9:26:14PM
HAHAHA LMAO RAMPAGE AS MR.T
Brain_Smasher
9/4/09 10:29:13PM
What a shitty main event. I am driving into Memphis TN from Huntington, WV and i wanted to see QJ vs Evans. This sucks. But im still going. UFC live cant be beat. Been to 6 already(41,68,77,82,88,96)