UFC 106 (Kinda early for this post)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 106 (Kinda early for this post)
imanidiot777
9/21/09 12:22:44AM
I just can't help but notice the fights on the card for UFC 106 and I'm wondering who else thinks this might be the best overall card ever put together? The amount of interesting and good fights on there and big name guys is ridiculous. I don't know if all of these are completely confirmed yet but here is what is on the list:

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin - AWESOME
Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman - interesting and possibly good, big names
Karo Parisyan vs. Dustin Hazelett - should be a really good fight
Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni - Phil's return, who knows but maybe interesting
Kenny Florian vs. Clay Guida - AWESOME
Ricardo Almeida vs. John Fitch - AWESOME and interesting
Luiz Cane vs. Lil' Nog - should be amazing and interesting
Ben Saunders vs. Marcus Davis - also should be at least interesting
Jason Dent vs. George Sotiropoulous - Maybe the least interesting? but still good

That is 9 fights so you would assume there would probably be one more but its hard to even pick the main 5 for the main card?

Obviously the main event is Brocks, ortiz and coleman most likely on there, florian and guida, almeida and fitch and cane vs nog? That's a sick 5 fights if that is how it goes.
kopower
9/21/09 12:28:57AM
Those are five very nice fights for a ppv. Could live with out Tito/Coleman but looking forward to seeing him back in the UFC. I'd rather see Hazelett and Karo go at it.
lohmann
9/21/09 12:31:49AM
Florian vs. Guida is at 107. Either Karo and Hazelett or Saunders and Davis will be on the main card, depending on whether or not the UFC wants to go with the obvious FotN candidate or the more circumstantial matchup, in addition to the other four you listed.

Still, 106 is going to be good. I agree. May be a few too many decisions though.
imanidiot777
9/21/09 12:34:08AM

Posted by lohmann

Florian vs. Guida is at 107. Either Karo and Hazelett or Saunders and Davis will be on the main card, depending on whether or not the UFC wants to go with the obvious FotN candidate or the more circumstantial matchup, in addition to the other four you listed.

Still, 106 is going to be good. I agree. May be a few too many decisions though.

Oh OK, I guess the playground just didn't move that fight over to 107 yet, still listed at 106, my bad. Still an amazing card overall though.
juggernautakira
9/21/09 7:49:11AM
Yeah, I like 106 over 103's fights thats for sure.