UFC 105 LIVE Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 105 LIVE Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
burialchamber
11/14/09 6:20:34PM
bad decision. i had it 29-28 vera (he won the last 2 rounds).

overall i went 5-6 with 35 points... terrible, terrible event for me.
king_katool
11/14/09 6:21:48PM
i thought Vera won, randy got the first and Vera got the 2cd, no doubt the 3rd was controlled by randy for most of it i thought the striking was even but i thought the TD and mount won Vera the round, o well, not a great fight IMO, randy couldve done some more work against the fence and he knows it
MMAcca
11/14/09 6:44:51PM
VERA WON THAT FIGHT!
MMAcca
11/14/09 6:47:07PM

Posted by Aaronno9

What a fight! Very suprised, very stoked. Tonight has been amazing for UK MMA. Just goes to show, more established camps and wrestling backgrounds isnt everything. Well done boys.

I absolutely agree, but i'm sure others will find excuses to tear the UK fighters apart..........as usual.
MMAcca
11/14/09 6:48:42PM
Michael who?

The true poster boy of UK MMA is finally starting to claim his place at the top.
Franklinfan47
11/14/09 7:00:43PM
Went 5-6 with 42 points, my parlay destroyed except for Matt Brown. Alot of surprising results tonight imo, though I managed to snag some points on Couture, Bisping (hot bout), Brown, Etim, and Winner.

That was an extremely hard main event to judge imo. I thought it was somewhat reminiscent of Shogun-Machida, where Vera was landing the more damaging body and leg kicks, but Couture pushed the majority of the action. I'll have to watch it again, but it definately very close. Must say, wasnt the most impressive performance by randy imo, he's usually much more active in the clinch. Thought Vera did a decent job though.

Good performance and recovery by Bisping imo. Doubt Kang all you want, but Bisping was hitting him with some good shots and showed alot of heart coming back like that it the 2nd. War the Count Take that haters.

What did you guys think of Hardy-Swick? I thought it was a decent fight, though surprised to see Hardy take the decision. He was definately hurting Swick with some impressive combos, but that was another close one to call. Now we get to see GSP beat him down

Also, thought both Pearson and Brown looked great in their fights. Ross's flying knee was textbook, and Wilks definately showed alot of heart in defeat.
MMAcca
11/14/09 7:09:12PM
I'm thinking Ross Pearson impressed a lot of people tonight yes ?
Franklinfan47
11/14/09 7:21:56PM

Posted by MMAcca

I'm thinking Ross Pearson impressed a lot of people tonight yes ?

Pearson, Hardy, Bisping, Winner, Osipczak, Etim, Hathaway, and even Wilks all looked really good imo. UK MMA well represented tonight

I would love to see Pearson fight Siver next. Denis is absolutely lethal with that spinning back kick, I cant get over it.
Aaronno9
11/14/09 7:47:57PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

What a fight! Very suprised, very stoked. Tonight has been amazing for UK MMA. Just goes to show, more established camps and wrestling backgrounds isnt everything. Well done boys.

I absolutely agree, but i'm sure others will find excuses to tear the UK fighters apart..........as usual.

Well, it seems since they cant say much about Bispings preformance, theyve taken to questioning whether or not his son is autistic on sherdog. You really do get some absolute pond life amongst MMA fans.
tepid55
11/14/09 8:01:07PM
I went 6-5 with 55 points.
burialchamber
11/14/09 8:02:21PM

Posted by Aaronno9

You really do get some absolute pond life amongst MMA fans.

lmao.. would prop you for this but gotta spread the love.
george112
11/14/09 8:22:13PM
6-4 with 59 points
Hendo67
11/14/09 8:25:10PM
What's next for Randy? Matt Hammil?...seriously, that was a piss poor decision. Winning a fight by barely doing anything, Vera rocked him 2 seconds into the fight, Dropped him in the second, took him down in the third...

What did Randy do to earn him a win, lean on someone for 10 mins?...
Macheetah
11/14/09 9:20:34PM

Posted by Hendo67

What's next for Randy? Matt Hammil?...seriously, that was a piss poor decision. Winning a fight by barely doing anything, Vera rocked him 2 seconds into the fight, Dropped him in the second, took him down in the third...

When you control your opponent for 12 minutes of a 15 minute fight, you win. He used effective grappling and controlled Vera from the clinch the whole fight. Who are they going to give it to, the guy pinned up against the cage for the majority of the fight?

Couture took advantage of the UFC's scoring system and beat on Vera for the better part of the fight. I know it wasn't an impressive or exciting way to win, but it works. It's not Couture's job to please everybody, his job is to go into a fight and win it.
Bowen50
11/14/09 11:10:35PM

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by Hendo67

When you control your opponent for 12 minutes of a 15 minute fight, you win. He used effective grappling and controlled Vera from the clinch the whole fight. Who are they going to give it to, the guy pinned up against the cage for the majority of the fight?

Couture took advantage of the UFC's scoring system and beat on Vera for the better part of the fight. I know it wasn't an impressive or exciting way to win, but it works. It's not Couture's job to please everybody, his job is to go into a fight and win it.

completely agreed. it came down to the 3rd round. Couture won the position battle and grinded out a decision. Vera landing a few shots and having Randy mounted for all of 30 seconds doesn't win a round.
king_katool
11/14/09 11:16:50PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by Hendo67

completely agreed. it came down to the 3rd round. Couture won the position battle and grinded out a decision. Vera landing a few shots and having Randy mounted for all of 30 seconds doesn't win a round.

when you do more damage in the 30 seconds of mount then the 4 1/2 in the clinch it does IMO,
MMAcca
11/14/09 11:23:06PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by Aaronno9

Well, it seems since they cant say much about Bispings preformance, theyve taken to questioning whether or not his son is autistic on sherdog. You really do get some absolute pond life amongst MMA fans.

MMAcca
11/14/09 11:25:04PM

Posted by king_katool

when you do more damage in the 30 seconds of mount then the 4 1/2 in the clinch it does IMO,

Agreed.

Poor decision
EvenFlow
11/14/09 11:32:20PM
Any one of us here would be better suited to judge then these crooks the commission asigns.
Hendo67
11/14/09 11:41:26PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by Hendo67

I know that that does come into play in the scoring of the fight, but give me a break... He was dropped, staggered and spaghetti legged every time Vera connected with him. I don't get the logic, so if i pin someone up against the cage and do very, very almost un-noticable damage to someone on the cage, strugging for 10 mins to get one takedown, stalling the fight constantly providing basically no offense, then someone clobbers me with body kicks, punches, drops me once, has me curled up in a ball, spaghetti legged, punch drunk you bet your bottom dollar the other guy won the fight.

I do realize that there are a lot of Randy fanboys here who like him, and i agree... he's a likeable guy, but honestly..he lost, he's not going to amount to anything AT ALL anymore.
MaxOne
11/15/09 2:17:39AM

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by Hendo67

word!
ya'll are trippin' that was a clear victory for randy. if brandon got that it would have been another poor decision by the judges. Randy controlled almost the entire fight...that's a win. Hopefully this loss will make brandon a bit more agressive....dude has so much potential.
Drudinh
11/15/09 3:10:08AM
Officially worst event for me.... EVER
MMAcca
11/15/09 7:48:39AM

Posted by Drudinh

Officially worst event for me.... EVER

Another bad one for me too. I can't wait to get my worst season ever out of the way!
Bowen50
11/15/09 6:23:10PM

Posted by Hendo67

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Macheetah

Posted by Hendo67

I know that that does come into play in the scoring of the fight, but give me a break... He was dropped, staggered and spaghetti legged every time Vera connected with him. I don't get the logic, so if i pin someone up against the cage and do very, very almost un-noticable damage to someone on the cage, strugging for 10 mins to get one takedown, stalling the fight constantly providing basically no offense, then someone clobbers me with body kicks, punches, drops me once, has me curled up in a ball, spaghetti legged, punch drunk you bet your bottom dollar the other guy won the fight.

I do realize that there are a lot of Randy fanboys here who like him, and i agree... he's a likeable guy, but honestly..he lost, he's not going to amount to anything AT ALL anymore.

Vera did absolutely nothing when he had mount. i'd also argue Couture got the better of the stand up exchanges in the 3rd round because he was able to close the distance. this isn't Pride, the fight isn't scored as a whole. Vera only had Randy hurt in the 2nd round which was the round i had for Vera. the 3rd was close but Couture was able to close the distance, land the more significant blows, and out position Vera for the majority of the round. also to say the man is "never going to amount to anything AT ALL anymore" is just downright disrespectful. he's 46 years old, a legend in our sport, and beat a very talented opponent in Brandon Vera. he obviously has something left in the tank.
Pages: 1 2 [3]