UFC 105 - Michael Bisping set to take on Wanderlei Silva (unconfirmed)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 105 - Michael Bisping set to take on Wanderlei Silva (unconfirmed)
mentalcase
7/23/09 9:11:43AM
MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that the main event is all set for the UFC’s next visit to the UK on November 14th as Wolfslair trained middleweight, Michael “The Count” Bisping will take on Brazilian MMA legend, Wanderlei Silva in Manchester, England.

News of the fight was passed along to MMABay by a source at the Wand Fight Team in Las Vegas, Nevada who revealed that the Brazilian would be putting pen to paper very soon after returning from receiving the key to the city in Pensacola, Florida. It will be the first fight of his career to be competed at 185 pounds.

link
ChokeUout
7/23/09 9:20:13AM
Usually I don't count MMAbay as a real source, but in this case, I hope it's true. I hope this fight happens. I think it would be a great fight for Wanderlei, and a great time to catch bisping. I hope Wanderlei wins this. He really can't afford another loss.
scpd400
7/23/09 9:22:20AM
I hope this is true. I would love to see Bisping get another beating.
The_Metal_Maniac
7/23/09 9:24:11AM
If this true, this makes me extremely happy. I like nothing more than when a smug, childish, adult gets put in their place. Especially twice in a row.
mentalcase
7/23/09 9:26:44AM

Posted by ChokeUout

Usually I don't count MMAbay as a real source, but in this case, I hope it's true. I hope this fight happens. I think it would be a great fight for Wanderlei, and a great time to catch bisping. I hope Wanderlei wins this. He really can't afford another loss.

how came MMAbay is not a real source it like UK #1 mma website isn't it?

anyway i thought it would have some truth to it cause i know Wolfslair MMA Academy (bisping's camp is associated with MMAbay
emfleek
7/23/09 9:30:20AM

Posted by mentalcase

They're known for posting stories without confirmation.
DCRage
7/23/09 9:33:22AM
They also claim to sponsor the Wolfslair, and they have a history of posting items that later (and sometimes quickly) turned out to be false.
I posted this earlier in the UFC Forum but emphasized that it was a rumor because of the source.
Bowen50
7/23/09 1:21:13PM
Junkie says it's in the works
Link

man 2 of my favorite fighters are going to hold vicious KO wins over one of the fighters i dislike most. life is sweet
KaibaThedon
7/23/09 1:22:17PM
Excellent fight, but Wandy will need to change his game plan, as the stick and move style of Bisping could make this much like the Franklin fight. Bisping obviously has a lot less power though, but I think it'll be drilled into his head to not stand and bang. I think Rampage will train him to fight Wandy as well.
Irish_Pride
7/23/09 1:22:40PM
I really hope this is true. Big fan of Wanderlei Silva and I would love to see him beat up on Bisping and since UFC 105 is going to be free in the U.S. That's just icing on the cake.
RNC
7/23/09 1:31:02PM
This is an excellent fight and props to the UFC if it is really happening. I thought Bisping's next opponent was going to be a walk-through so he could get a big win in Manchester and their UK star could recover from his loss. Not only did they give him a contender, but they gave him Wanderlei, someone who could hand Bisping his second KO loss in a row. This should be a very intersting fight to see if Bisping will be able to out point Wanderlei or if Wanderlei will catch him.

nickcuc547
7/23/09 1:35:14PM
i guess we will find out once and for all if wandy still has it, if he loses to bisping he will retire, but i think wandy puts a whoopin on him.
scobac
7/23/09 1:37:14PM
Im not a Bisping fan but Wandy is perfert for him. He can counter punch his way to victory against almost anybody, yes he may get caught but dont "count" (no pun intended) on it as im sure he is pluging the holes in his game. Wandy will come forward all night only to be out boxed and the W for Bisping. watch some of his fights against strikers, mostly leben and dan untill the bomb from hell and tell me he isnt one of the better counter strikers in the UFC.
McBee
7/23/09 1:47:54PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

Excellent fight, but Wandy will need to change his game plan, as the stick and move style of Bisping could make this much like the Franklin fight. Bisping obviously has a lot less power though, but I think it'll be drilled into his head to not stand and bang. I think Rampage will train him to fight Wandy as well.

Are you joking? Wandy can do what he does best run straight through him, this is not Leben, get ready to see that same stupid look on Bisping's face.
scobac
7/23/09 1:56:50PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by KaibaThedon

Are you joking? Wandy can do what he does best run straight through him, this is not Leben, get ready to see that same stupid look on Bisping's face.

go back and watch bisping fights, he will counter all day for dec. Wandy ko's guy that cant strike and guys that come right at him, and that wont be the case in this fight. FYI I dont like Bisping in the least but he is a good counter striker and I love Wandy but he is a one demensional aggresive striker.
DCRage
7/23/09 1:59:00PM
Silva's camp on this: Not so fast.

Article
McBee
7/23/09 2:00:28PM

Posted by scobac

Posted by McBee

Posted by KaibaThedon

go back and watch bisping fights, he will counter all day for dec. Wandy ko's guy that cant strike and guys that come right at him, and that wont be the case in this fight. FYI I dont like Bisping in the least but he is a good counter striker and I love Wandy but he is a one demensional aggresive striker.

yeah but Bisping is not the same level as Franklin and it takes a lot of punishment to KO Franklin, a la Anderson Silva so I think think this will be a route. It is not like Hendo is the greatest striker, it is not even what he does best and Bisping did not last long.
Mayhem13
7/23/09 2:12:01PM
Weird.

Just a couple days ago Wanderlei said he wasn't going to fight until February....now this?

Like the matchup, but wonder if it will actually happen.
emfleek
7/23/09 2:14:36PM
Again...

Posted by DCRage

Article

McBee
7/23/09 2:17:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Again...

Posted by DCRage

Article

so bisping camp is just like him, a bunch of hot air, someone should make it a rule not to post MMABay articles on News section
emfleek
7/23/09 2:22:14PM

Posted by McBee

so bisping camp is just like him, a bunch of hot air, someone should make it a rule not to post MMABay articles on News section

I agree. They're about as credible as a blind guy promoting reading glasses.
postman
7/23/09 2:33:28PM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by ChokeUout

anyway i thought it would have some truth to it cause i know Wolfslair MMA Academy (bisping's camp is associated with MMAbay

Now you know see DC RAGE post
DCRage
7/23/09 2:34:23PM
Cage Potato said it best: "Before we get started, let me just point out that MMABay.co.uk has an accuracy rate of about .500 when it comes to breaking news — which is great if you're batting cleanup, and not so great if you're an MMA news site. So take the validity of this rumor as somewhere between "Kimo Leopoldo is dead" and "Josh Barnett is innocent." Give CP credit, they sure know how to make you bust out laughing with their news.
And just so you know this is legit...
Link
Sam_Rothstein
7/23/09 4:04:37PM

Posted by DCRage

Cage Potato said it best: "Before we get started, let me just point out that MMABay.co.uk has an accuracy rate of about .500 when it comes to breaking news — which is great if you're batting cleanup, and not so great if you're an MMA news site. So take the validity of this rumor as somewhere between "Kimo Leopoldo is dead" and "Josh Barnett is innocent." Give CP credit, they sure know how to make you bust out laughing with their news.
And just so you know this is legit...
Link

I prefer Fightlinker myself but yeah cage potato has been growing on me.

I would love to see Wanderlei destroy Bisping.
prozacnation1978
7/23/09 11:35:52PM
i hope it does stay money talks and wand will walk in that cage
i would love to see bisping get knocked out again
Art_Jimmerson
7/24/09 2:06:59AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by ChokeUout

This is not only the UK's, but Europes biggest MMA Website:

Cage Warriors

It's the website/forum where Dan Hardy made the Marcus Davis photoshop thread (here)
Near07
7/24/09 4:27:40AM
Why go back and watch Bispings fights?? You really think he will counter Wanderlei all day lmao He won't make it out of the first round..Hendo was going straight at him, and Bisping could't do anything!! Of course he look like a great striker, well against Day, and the Chainsaw, he couldn't counter all day against Hammil who isn't a top tier striker!! He did good with Leban but now i believe his free ride is over, the Ufc got what they wanted (to get big in the uk) and now Bisping has fight top 10 guys and he will get destroyed!! He has been exposed, i think he will stay around top 15-20 at best!! I know this fight is not confirmed but I really hope it is, When Wandy KO's him, that will be 2 top 10 fighters who arn't even in their prime anymore making Bisping look silly!! (well Hendo is still a force to be reckoned with)!! Name some top 10's even top 15 that Bisping will beat!? There maybe a few, but i guess time willl tell!!