UFC 104 and Dream 12 Awards, A Great weekend for MMA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » UFC 104 and Dream 12 Awards, A Great weekend for MMA
hotrodttt
10/25/09 8:22:55PM
This was an absolute great weekend for mma minus some of the 104 drama which shall not be talked about on this thead. Give your awards and a little explanation of why you chose it.

Knockout of the Weekend: Marius Zaromskis over Bae- Incredible head kick ko, Bae was absolutely out of it. Great things to come for the Whitemare.

Honerable Mention: Anthony Johnson over Yoshida- It's really hard to top a head kick ko but this was a great ko, Great hands and power shown by Johnson and a nice fight to showcase his blossoming career.

Submission of the Weekend: Yoshihiro Maeda over Chase Beebe- The way Maeda transitioned to and choke Beebe out was amazing, it almost reminded me of the armbar transition that Marcus Aurelio did over Ryan Roberts a while back. This is a must watch fight aswell.

Fight of the Weekend: There were a handful of great fights but now it's time to show some love to the ufc, Pat Barry over Hardonk was a great display of a technical stand up battle and a fight that really showed how gritty HD Barry is. And it was a great knockout aswell.

Comeback of the weekend: Saku over Zelg- Saku does it once again, he was in trouble after going for that toe hold but somehow managed to grap ahold of a kneebar and finish it. Sakuraba provided us with yet another surreal moment.

Moment of the Weekend: It was awesome to see Maeda to get the win but it was even better when he annonced that he wanted to fight on the nye show but also called out Bibiano.

SpiderSilva
10/25/09 9:33:46PM
man overall DREAM 12 blew away UFC 104

dont forget that Zaromskis was rocked for sec then that head kick came

Maeda mauled Beebe bad

and the Demi god add to the legend last night he had to have got hit with a good 30 clean hard hits to the head I thought he was gonna lose do to ref stopage then pulled that nice knee bar

What a night for the white cage

also I was talking with my buddy about how high the cage was and then Overeen almost jumps over the top
kopower
10/25/09 10:37:41PM
I really liked the look of the cage. I also agree that Dream was the better event overall. I was worried for Sakuraba for a bit but he pulled through. He was eating some shots looking for that submission.
higdon10
10/25/09 11:29:14PM
Dream 12 was incredible.
Shawn91111
10/25/09 11:46:36PM

Posted by kopower

I really liked the look of the cage. I also agree that Dream was the better event overall. I was worried for Sakuraba for a bit but he pulled through. He was eating some shots looking for that submission.

eh, all the white with the cage was tough on the eyes imo. But Dream was a great event
RMFG_187
10/25/09 11:55:59PM
KO of the weekend goes to Zaromskis, just because you knew a headkick was coming, but didn't know which leg, and when.

Submission of the weekend to Sakuraba, he looked like he was gonna get KOd trying an achilles lock, then transitioned to a toe hold, then Kneebar.

Fights of the weekend, it goes to 2 awesome fights, Sakuraba cs Zelg, was a typical Sakuraba fight, actioned packed. The other was Shogun vs Machida. Was an awesome fight with backand forth acton, and I think I saw more kicks and knees landed then punches
george112
10/26/09 12:27:25AM
anyone know what those diagrams where right before they started fighting.it looked like color coded sections of the cage...im talking about Dream 12 by the way
kopower
10/26/09 1:37:23AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by kopower

eh, all the white with the cage was tough on the eyes imo. But Dream was a great event

Actually you're right. That thing was shining, even getting streamed on my computer screen. I'm sure it was even brighter on a t.v.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/26/09 1:45:08PM
Air overeem