UFC 104 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson set to return to action

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 104 - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson set to return to action
Wolfenstein
4/13/09 5:12:28PM
Quinton “Rampage” Jackson could return to action in October, possibly in his home town of Memphis, Tennessee.

Sources close to the Wolfslair Academy trained fighter revealed the news to MMABay earlier on today although the planning of the event is still in the early stages and a date is not yet known.

link
Mayhem13
4/13/09 7:05:30PM
i dont know about having an event in Memphis.....that would be about as good as having one in Cleveland....(or was the last fn in memphis?)

and after watching Gangland the other night...they might wanna watch out for the LMGs..those dudes are bad..haha
Pookie
4/13/09 7:20:19PM
haha so that "help rampage get mma legalized in tennessee" thread wasnt for nothing after all.
sclasclemski
4/13/09 8:28:30PM
That would suck if we have to wait another six months for the LHW title to be defended
motorboatensob
4/13/09 8:55:33PM
Bad for Rampage he isn't a fighter who can go long periods between fights. You see what happened when he fought Forrest the long lay off made him sluggish.
NatedawgThaM
4/13/09 9:39:59PM

I was hoping maybe late in the summer or September at the most. I hope he's fighting for the title too. Interested on seeing who his opponent will be.
4u2nv
4/13/09 9:55:57PM
i hope Rampage is truly back. He still needs to be tested by Forest before a title fight.
StPierreCanada
4/13/09 11:01:55PM
Awesome. Rampage can finally get his belt back!
Twenty20Dollars
4/13/09 11:03:35PM
I have no clue, who Rampage is going to get matched up against.
prozacnation1978
4/13/09 11:24:24PM
i doubt it goes back to memphis this year

i think win or lose shogun will face rampage or
more likely title shot for light heavy in oct
ufc needs to go back to so cal baby!!!!!!
StorminYourman
4/13/09 11:34:00PM
I thought he was next up for the belt.
His next fight should be a title shot!
clintjack
4/14/09 12:48:21AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I would say if Shogun gets past Chuck then he will fight Page.
Manak
4/14/09 1:23:04AM

Posted by clintjack

I was thinking shogun too or a possible rematch with griffin. either way I'm thinking with will be against one of his pervious loses or maybe the title.
babytater03
4/14/09 7:15:44AM

Posted by Manak

Posted by clintjack

I was thinking shogun too or a possible rematch with griffin. either way I'm thinking with will be against one of his pervious loses or maybe the title.

when i saw this post i immediately thought of what you both said. I think they'll either go with the Griffin angle (pending he beats Silva) for a rematch "former champions and fight for chance to get their belt back" angle. OR they'll give him winner of the Liddell/Shogun fight as a similar "former champions collide" angle.

just my opinion though
Red-Dragon
4/14/09 6:41:04PM
Rampage is not getting that belt back until Machida retires.