UFC 103 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 103 Results/Discussion (Spoilers)
« Previous Page
postman
9/19/09 11:59:12PM
Marquez hit the mat in the second but gets right back up
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/20/09 12:04:58AM
WAAAARRR ACE
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:11:13AM
Belfort not throwing much.

EDIT: As i type, he knocks Rich out.
ncordless
9/20/09 12:12:53AM

Posted by MMAcca

He was totally timing the counter.
EvenFlow
9/20/09 12:13:05AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOO warrrrrr vitorrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!

10-3, 66pts
AchillesHeel
9/20/09 12:13:09AM
Well I guess I'm a believer in Vitor Belfort now.
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:13:46AM
Belfort should get an immediate title shot.
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:14:36AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by MMAcca

He was totally timing the counter.

Yep.
ncordless
9/20/09 12:15:32AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Well I guess I'm a believer in Vitor Belfort now.

I've always believed that he can beat anyone who is just going to stand with him. I still don't know about how he is going to handle a good takedown, but he can definitely out strike almost anyone.
2hotty
9/20/09 12:16:55AM
Why should he get a fight with Anderson right away ? what about Nate & Dan Have Nate fight Vetor & dan Anderson & take the winners from there. Plus im guessing this might end up a NC with blows to the back of the head maybe thats just a far shot
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:17:56AM
What's his best tactic if he faces Anderson Silva ?
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:20:34AM

Posted by 2hotty

Why should he get a fight with Anderson right away ? what about Nate & Dan Have Nate fight Vetor & dan Anderson & take the winners from there. Plus im guessing this might end up a NC with blows to the back of the head maybe thats just a far shot

Both Marquadt and Henderson have had their shot at Silva. If either fought him again the same thing would happen.

Give Vitor the shot i say.
ncordless
9/20/09 12:22:08AM

Posted by MMAcca

What's his best tactic if he faces Anderson Silva ?

Well, both guys can counter the other.

I think his best bet would probably to not attack. It would be a really boring fight to watch but if he can just land one or two shots more than Anderson in a round he might be able to eek out a dec.

I'd still heavily favor Anderson, but I don't think Anderson could get too wicked against Vitor without taking a big risk of getting countered by a quick one-two.
Franklinfan47
9/20/09 12:23:37AM
After tonights performance, I think a potential clash between Vitor and Anderson is just too appealing for dana white to pass up.
MMAcca
9/20/09 12:23:45AM
7-6 tonight.

Wow i'm rubbish at this game.
Franklinfan47
9/20/09 12:27:49AM
I finished 9-4 with 57 points. Was doing great but got the last three fights all wrong. Poor Franklin Good performance for Vitor though.
fonduktoe
9/20/09 1:13:23AM

Posted by 2hotty

the chances of this fight being declared a no contest are about the same as kevin bacon becoming the new ufc heavyweight champion via flying golgoplata
FlashyG
9/20/09 2:00:14AM

Posted by MMAcca

Maybe its just me but seeing as he had trouble making the catchweight of 195 shouldn't he atleast show he can make 185 before we throw him into a Title shot.

Not to take anything away from his great performance tonight.
ncordless
9/20/09 2:05:12AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by MMAcca

Maybe its just me but seeing as he had trouble making the catchweight of 195 shouldn't he atleast show he can make 185 before we throw him into a Title shot.

Not to take anything away from his great performance tonight.

I wouldn't call .25lbs. a problem... more likely a discrepency in scales. He did make 185 twice in Affliction.
FlashyG
9/20/09 2:17:45AM
even if making the weight is no trouble I don't think its outrageous to suggest he takes atleast one fight in the UFC's 185 division before putting him into a Title shot.

But I guess they need main events, Anderson has already beaten the top 2 and him vs Okami wont sell. That doesn't leave much else.
CanadianCripplr
9/20/09 2:53:50AM
I picked Belfort to win but dont think he should get a shot yet. I think they would be better off giving him 1 or 2 more fights and if he wins then a silva matchup could really be pumped as the biggie. Right now alot of people will think hes just another guy to get thrown to the spider to feed on.
Id like to see another test for him before a title fight.
mrhighway9
9/20/09 4:38:35AM
fml.i had change some of my picks earlier today.one of which was paul dalely.i had him winning at first but changed due to popular vote.could have done so much better.gotta stick w/ your gut sometimes
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]