ufc 103 main event????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 103 main event????
prozacnation1978
7/5/09 10:49:14PM
and the main event will be...
i got nothing!!!
with lidell taking time off
can this card be saved??
i really think the ufc is waiting for the fights this weekend to end,
closes thing could be a matt hughes main event against say a carlos condit,
and i do think the ufc was smart to try and sign cro cop, cro cop might save this card
have him fight say a herring, or gonzaga rematch
i will be curious to see what rabbit the ufc can pull out this time,
franklin could fight say luis cane or winner of bonner/coleman match
or might move a silva/jardine match or maia/ marquadt into co main event of ufc 103

they need alot of help
maynard vs huerta put on the card is a start
i myself would like to see a hughes vs karo bout
but i think karo comes back a week or so after this fight

moving cain vs shane to ufc 104 might not happen, they might need the fight for dallas

like i said what main event scenario can u readers come up with???
mentalcase
7/5/09 11:20:29PM
i was thinking the same thing

maybe

Franklin vs Luiz Cane

Twenty20Dollars
7/5/09 11:43:16PM
Well I dont think the UFC can put a title fight on 103, which would make back to back events w/o a title fight. Unless one of the champs or new champs come out unhurt and are ready to fight again and can find them a challenger.

I dont think Franklin vs Cane would work because I dont think Cane is a big name to be a ppv seller....yet.

When is Cote due back. Maybe like Franklin vs Cote? If franklin would fight at 185.

I'd be really suprised if the UFC pulled something big out of their hat, because it doesnt seem like their are alot of big name options, so i'll just expect something ordinary.
mentalcase
7/5/09 11:48:08PM
franklin said hes not moveing bacl to 185 its to much of a cut for him now as he has bulked up

thats why the silva fight was at a catch weight of 195 fraklin is a LHW now
Twenty20Dollars
7/6/09 12:41:36AM
Wandy vs Cote?
Sanchez vs Sherk?

I give up, Im out of ideas.
DosBox
7/6/09 12:45:57AM
I could see a fight with Rich Franklin and Keith Jardine headlining the card (of course Jardine would have to be bumped off 102 and have Thiago Silva fight someone else).

I think you could possibly have the Diego Sanchez / Frankie Edgar fight and have it a #1 contenders matchup as well (although leaving Maynard out to dry during the process).

I doubt Cro Cop would headline because of his pull on the Euro cards, and the only people I could think he could headline with are all filled up except Herring.... and I dont think the UFC does that.

Two legends in the sport both making their 185 lb debut as Wanderlei Silva fights Matt Hughes. (Just kidding). But I could see either Wanderlei or Hughes headline the card also.

So in conclusion...

1). Franklin/Jardine
2). Sanchez/Edgar (#1 Contender)

3). Cro Cop
4). Something crazy like Hughes/Wanderlei

ChokeUout
7/6/09 12:56:21AM
easy, either the heavyweight or welterweight title for the main event...provided that one of the winners of the ufc 100 bouts are cleared to fight that soon.
SociopathX
7/6/09 1:34:38AM
main event sanchez vs edgar . winner gets the title shot imo
Wolfenstein
7/6/09 3:25:07AM
Well seems like the Co-Main event is going to be Carwin vs Velasquez. I get the feeling that it could end up being Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin. I know Luiz Cane is interested in a bout with Franklin, but I just don't think he's a big enough name yet.
sclasclemski
7/6/09 6:58:03AM

Posted by ChokeUout

easy, either the heavyweight or welterweight title for the main event...provided that one of the winners of the ufc 100 bouts are cleared to fight that soon.

Neither belt would be ready to be contested because their are no true No. 1 contenders yet...swick/Kampman...and Carwin/Velasquez...

Kongo would have been a good fit had he gotten past Cain...Who knows that they can do with this one...may just be a nameless card...which isn't necessarily a bad thing some of the best cards have been fight night ones
prozacnation1978
7/6/09 9:27:50AM
cain vs shane is stated for ufc 104 and lidell is on the shelf till next year

sanchez vs edgar could work, but i do think sanchez already earned his title shot

swick vs kammpman is on so who would gsp fight??

hughes is suppose to be on the card, a hughes main event might work
wanderli silva could work as well against a okami or even henderson if he loses this weekend,

franklin is game too, but cane is not a name yet,
if u bump jardine off the card it could work, have thiago silva fight cane or a steve cantwell
Violence108
7/6/09 11:02:08AM
its most likely going to be Franklin as the main event maybe against Cane, maybe they could put a rematch as a draw between Cantwell and Stann
i just dont see Rich vs Cane as a big draw for the UFC, and if Hughes is going to be on the card i say give him Dan Hardy, maybe he can shut him up, it would be a mental fight outside the ring both guys play mind games and try to get in each others head
chickmagnet
7/6/09 1:46:42PM
There is word of Cro Cop sticking around, so have him co-main event with a rematch against Heath Herring. Then for the main event, Cane isnt a big name yet, but he would beat Franklin, and this would be a great fight as well, the fans would get there moneys worth.
scottystudv5
7/6/09 5:41:35PM
What about Machida and Shogun? Aren't they supposed to be fighting for the title?
sclasclemski
7/6/09 7:08:25PM

Posted by scottystudv5

What about Machida and Shogun? Aren't they supposed to be fighting for the title?

They are rumored for UFC 104 in LA
pinoymixplaya
7/6/09 7:38:09PM
I say move Thiago Silva from UFC 102 to fight Rich Franklin as the main event and have Keith Jardine fight Krzysztof Soszynski (sorry if I misspelled that)..

I would love to see Cane move up in competition to take one someone like Rich Franklin but he isn't ready for main event status nor would I think that would be a main event worthy fight..
chickmagnet
7/6/09 8:22:48PM

Posted by pinoymixplaya

I say move Thiago Silva from UFC 102 to fight Rich Franklin as the main event and have Keith Jardine fight Krzysztof Soszynski (sorry if I misspelled that)..

I would love to see Cane move up in competition to take one someone like Rich Franklin but he isn't ready for main event status nor would I think that would be a main event worthy fight..

Im telling you if they put together Rich/Cane, I will be open for an av bet. Luiz Cane will beat Rich Franklin if they fight.
pinoymixplaya
7/6/09 8:35:55PM
ya i agree with you there cuz i dont think Rich is a title contender but Cane will be soon..
hippysmacker
7/6/09 9:15:11PM
I like Wandy vs Bisping & Cro-cop vs Pat Barry being added myself, but I agree that with the fight being in Texas that Herring Cro-cop makes the most sense. Sanchez also has ties there, but I think he gets the next title shot at lightweight , and the winner of BJ/Florian may not be ready yet.
slapshot
7/6/09 9:28:30PM
Id love to see them put Sanchez and Edgar, Sherk or Maynard together!
prozacnation1978
7/6/09 10:45:04PM
won't be bisping if he wins his butt is on that england card in nov win or lose

franklin is good but vs a cane in a main event is sad

they need crocop the boy want s to fight now is the time to get him amped
perfect timing win/lose he fights in dec against couture or big nog

have him fight herring in co main event,

maybe add a serra vs uno bout at lightweight

i would think sanchez would wanna fight in la close to san diego

but i do think he will get his title shot in nov, kenny is a gamer, he will fight on months notice to defend the belt, if bj wins it won't happen till 2010

if franklin does headline i do think this card needs work, like a miller vs escudero off the main card for starters or do a 6 fight main card like germany that was sweet!! i enjoyed that!!
the_01
7/9/09 3:26:43AM
Aha, you are Joe Silva trying to get ideas.
gcraig22
7/10/09 7:08:52PM
I am growing more and more upset with this card. I live in Ft. Worth as was so excited to go to this event, but how it's shaping up, I might just go to UFN in OKC the weekend before.

Huerta should be on the TX card since he used to live in TX.

Hughes vs. Condit should be the Co-Main Event with Swick vs. Kampmann.
Mayhem13
7/10/09 8:36:48PM
Anyone think Krystoff vs Rich would be a big enough pull, if it had a good co main, like Hughes vs Davis

And drop Cole vs Efrain to undercard and put Brown vs Davis as a swing fight..also 6 fight ppv guarentee

Franklin vs Krystoff
Hughes vs Hardy
Cro Cop vs Dos Santos
Swick vs Kampmann
Koscheck vs Trigg
Franca vs Griffin

Swing- Brown vs Davis
Schizoidman
7/15/09 11:20:44PM
Is anyone here a UFC Fight Club member? I'm a new one and I'm wanting to go to this event. Is there a limit on how many tickets I can get with my new Fight Club membership on the pre-sale day? That would suck if I can only buy one ticket on the pre-sale date because I only have 1 Fight Club Membership. Can anyone help me with this?
prozacnation1978
7/15/09 11:48:27PM
i am a member u can buy up to tickets
main event is franklin for sure against who i don't know??
might be luis cane, but don't rule out lidell

i think for ufc 104
hughes will fight karo
and wandy will fight cote or okami or
cote vs okami