looks like more than half the card is done
kind of a boring card so far

with big nog vs couture
and hamill vs vera

everything else is well not that good

i am hoping that they do add the middleweight title fight or the light heavy
i think one of them will have to be on this card,

i also see maybe ed herman on the card, nate quarry,
also i know it suppose to be in portland but has the ufc even finalized the site yet??
Jackelope
4/22/09 11:58:47PM
I think Couture vs. Nog will be a great fight, and I actually feel the same about Vera vs. Hamill. I can't wait to see Hamill finally face a guy who can throw a vast array of strikes with serious finishing power and good TD defense. That way we can finally end all of this Hamill hype that I'm just absolutely refusing to buy into

That being said, if he beats an in shape and ready to go Vera, I will officially FINALLY jump on the Hamill train.
Wolfenstein
4/23/09 12:14:45AM
So far the card looks like this...

Randy Couture vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira
Matt Hamill vs. Brandon Vera
Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt
Junior dos Santos vs. Justin McCully
Chael Sonnen vs. Wilson Gouveia
Mark Munoz vs. Nick Catone
Evan Dunham vs. Matt Veach

Not too bad so far. Couture vs Noguiera is a great main event, even if it's a little later in their careers than I would like.

Hammil vs Vera is a great fight for the main card.

I'm excited to see Dos Santos again, even though I wish it were against a better opponent. His manager has talked about bringing him along slowly, and that he's probably around 2 years from competing for a title, some of this has to do with him training with Big Nog. Will probably make the main card as well.

Sonnen vs Gouveia is one of those fights that is a fight that is somewhere in between being worthy of the main card, or being a really good prelim.

Hopefully a few more good main card bouts emerge to get excited about. Koscheck pulled out of 98, but should probably be available for UFC 102.

There are also some rumors floating around that Goran Reljic may be close to a return (can't wait for that).

Of course Roger Huerta is still out there, and they're eventually going to give him a fight.
State_Champ
4/23/09 12:15:37AM
Cannot wait to see two legends go at it in the cage!
EvenFlow
4/23/09 12:20:44AM

Posted by Jackelope

I think Couture vs. Nog will be a great fight, and I actually feel the same about Vera vs. Hamill. I can't wait to see Hamill finally face a guy who can throw a vast array of strikes with serious finishing power and good TD defense. That way we can finally end all of this Hamill hype that I'm just absolutely refusing to buy into

Hows that Munoz pick workin out? In all seriousness I agree, Hamill needs to win this one to go to the next level.
Twenty20Dollars
4/23/09 12:44:28AM
Im ready to see evan dunham fight again

hopefully gouviea can shut up sonnen and get him out of the ufc.
Jackelope
4/23/09 9:18:24AM

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by Jackelope

Hows that Munoz pick workin out? In all seriousness I agree, Hamill needs to win this one to go to the next level.

Yeah, Munoz definitely let me down. I figured his striking would have come along at that point, but man... it definitely hadn't.

Franklinfan47
4/23/09 10:44:25AM
I think its a bit too early to judge. Only 7 of a possible 12 fights have been rumoured, so there's still potential for this card to pick up some more big matches. To me, Nog vs Couture is worth the price of admission

Plus Hamill vs Vera, Dos Santos, etc....sounds good to me.
prozacnation1978
4/23/09 4:27:14PM
u guys may be right i am going to 100 so i guess a sos so card next when i go to portland could be alright
seems i go to one good live event then go to a lousy one
can;t seem to go to 2 consective good cards