12/26/07 5:59:20PM
link

Dam
loonytnt
12/26/07 6:19:07PM
thats a lot of weight
fullerene
12/26/07 6:30:47PM
Not that that wasn't insane, but I wish people didn't bench with those triple-ply shirts...it just makes it tough to know what the lift really means.
jiujitsufreak74
12/26/07 6:49:39PM

Posted by fullerene

Not that that wasn't insane, but I wish people didn't bench with those triple-ply shirts...it just makes it tough to know what the lift really means.

i agree, it made him look like he was lifting in a straight-jacket because it locked his arms in place. that coupled with the serious amount of steroids this man must have taken really makes you take the lift with a grain of salt.
fullerene
12/26/07 7:22:04PM
^ There's a 335 pound difference between the record with no shirt (715) and with a 3-ply (1050). No shirt and without steroids? Who knows.
hippysmacker
12/26/07 7:28:49PM
I can personally attest to those shirts significance. I have worn a normal one, but never those new ones, when I was in college . I benched 440 no drugs , no shirt once in the gym i worked at. My training partner's max, with juice, and no shirt was 455. In a local competition 2 weeks later, with the old shirt style he put up 545 easy to win it.
fullerene
12/26/07 8:05:43PM
^ What did your partner bench off-cycle?
hippysmacker
12/27/07 3:30:27AM

Posted by fullerene

Actually he benched. 365 when we started working out together. I told him he would have to be clean to lift with me, and he agreed. He went from weighing 197 and benching 365 to weighing 230 and benching 415 in 8 months. His problem was he didn't train his legs enough, was very top heavy. Squats actually make your body excrete more growth hormone naturally. So whenever some kid gets stuck at a bench plateau and ask me what to do I tell him squat. They always look at me like I'm kidding. Anyway when he plateaued at 415 he did a cycle without telling me. Admitted about a year later when we were no longer training together. He actually got up to weighing about to 260, and competing in Socal strong man competitions before he got a major injury. I wish I had stop lifting real heavy when I hit 30. I would be a lot better off now if I had. His name is Khaleel Weddington ( I call him soop , short for superman, and now everyone does ) and his son Rakim actually just set some world records in kid powerlifting. I am not joking either. Heres a youtube video of the kid.He is the large black man spotting him from behind.
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pru-8bgs8H8&NR=1
Pitbull09
12/27/07 3:40:39AM
I saw the guy who did 1008, lol i bothered me that he wouldnt just put on 2 more pounds but im glad to find someone has done it
Pitbull09
12/27/07 3:43:47AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by fullerene

Actually he benched. 365 when we started working out together. I told him he would have to be clean to lift with me, and he agreed. He went from weighing 197 and benching 365 to weighing 230 and benching 415 in 8 months. His problem was he didn't train his legs enough, was very top heavy. Squats actually make your body excrete more growth hormone naturally. So whenever some kid gets stuck at a bench plateau and ask me what to do I tell him squat. They always look at me like I'm kidding. Anyway when he plateaued at 415 he did a cycle without telling me. Admitted about a year later when we were no longer training together. He actually got up to weighing about to 260, and competing in Socal strong man competitions before he got a major injury. I wish I had stop lifting real heavy when I hit 30. I would be a lot better off now if I had. His name is Khaleel Weddington ( I call him soop , short for superman, and now everyone does ) and his son Rakim actually just set some world records in kid powerlifting. I am not joking either. Heres a youtube video of the kid.He is the large black man spotting him from behind.
http://hk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pru-8bgs8H8&NR=1

I didnt know that at all. Im 140 and i got stuck at 180 10x but I never do squats so I guess thats the answer.
fullerene
12/27/07 8:14:40AM
I've worked out with a couple of guys who were cycling and I was drug free (always have been). They were open about it, but it was pretty frustrating to watch guys who were weaker than me off-cycle suddenly shoot past me on-cycle without even working out that hard. It's easy to see where the abuse comes from, too. Just as it's easy to get stronger on the juice, it seemed impossible for these guys to stay strong once they went off of it. If you're already that concerned about being huge/strong, it has to be a blow to your self-esteem to know that every workout you're going to be getting weaker for the next few weeks.
madmarck
12/27/07 10:39:41AM
im pretty sure this same guy tried to add 5lbs more later ona dn dropped the weight. he only had 2 or 3 spotters then. Some how he didnt get hurt.
loonytnt
12/27/07 12:12:42PM
i saw a video this guy did 1015
TNunley
12/27/07 1:47:19PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I saw the guy who did 1008, lol i bothered me that he wouldnt just put on 2 more pounds but im glad to find someone has done it

I know it sounds ridiculous, but that 2 pounds could be the difference between getting it back up or not. Believe it or not, when you max you wouldn't believe what just a tiny amount of weight will change. In HS I set the bench record for my weight class, and the next time I lifted, I tried it with the extra chips (2.5lbers) and couldn't do it, but took the chips off and did it again.
Ydoc
12/30/07 3:53:52PM
Pretty cool and everything, but the first thing that goes through my mind is how that guy wipes his ass???