UFC 101

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 101
ufcrocks
7/31/09 4:32:31PM
UFC 101 is going to be awesome Florian vs. Penn, Silva vs. Griffin. Bj vs. Kenny is going to be second round finish. With Bj's submissions and ken flo's knockout power there's no way this fight is going to the judges score card.

Anderson vs. Forrest is going to be a bloodbath, these two fighters have what it takes to make this the fight of the year
mkiv9secsupra
7/31/09 4:46:07PM

Posted by ufcrocks
ken flo's knockout power

When did Ken Flo develop KO power?!?!?!

Also I just cant see Forrest vs Anderson even coming close to FOTY....
spikerman19
7/31/09 6:12:25PM
Griffin's weak chin and no KO power, should give Silva the egde. At least Griffin will stand in front and trade with Silva
DCRage
7/31/09 6:19:06PM
Silva-Griffin FOTY? Not this year. Just hope it doesn't wind up being another installment of So You Think You Can Dance.
sclasclemski
7/31/09 7:48:07PM
The only thing I hate about this UFC is that its 90 minutes from my house and I can't go because I am in a wedding..thank god I got to go to Columbus for 96
DCRage
7/31/09 8:29:47PM
It's a little over 2 hours for me but no way I could afford it right now, I'll be buying the Yahoo Sports stream as the event gets closer.
chickmagnet
7/31/09 10:36:11PM

Posted by ufcrocks

UFC 101 is going to be awesome Florian vs. Penn, Silva vs. Griffin. Bj vs. Kenny is going to be second round finish. With Bj's submissions and ken flo's knockout power there's no way this fight is going to the judges score card.

Anderson vs. Forrest is going to be a bloodbath, these two fighters have what it takes to make this the fight of the year

Uh, BJ is the one with KO power and good submissions, and Florian is more of a stick and move striker, with good ground skills as well, but yeah it is a great card, and who knows about Griffin/Silva, i honestly dont know how this will end up
slapshot
8/1/09 12:57:57AM

Posted by spikerman19

Griffin's weak chin and no KO power, should give Silva the egde. At least Griffin will stand in front and trade with Silva

Nobody really considered Rashad as a fighter with big KO power before liddell and the only people that say Griffin's lack of power defines his ability to win are fans. For anyone who thinks A Silva has a walk in the park with this fight I think your crazy.

I also dont think he has a "weak" chin, I would not call it a "iron jaw" either its average and certainly good enough that you cant just headhunt.

As far as kenflo goes 11-3 with 3 T(KO)s doesn't smack of exceptional KO power to me. Ive always felt his striking is a bit overrated. His only chance in this fight IMO is to take BJ into the later rounds, its basically a time tested and true strategy that works for fighters that make BJ work.

Im not saying he cant win but his ability to win depends to a great extent on BJ IMO its BJ's fight to lose.

gartface
8/1/09 1:04:01AM
Pellegrino and Neer is going to be the fight to watch. TRUST ME!