UFC 101 - Forrest gets his rematch with Keith Jardine

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 101 - Forrest gets his rematch with Keith Jardine
mentalcase
3/8/09 6:17:37AM
Former UFC light heavyweight champion, Forrest Griffin is all set to get a rematch with the man that beat him back in December 2006 at UFC 66, “The Dean of Mean” Keith Jardine.

LINK
kris_ericson
3/8/09 6:18:53AM
that is gonna be a sweet fight!!
IriShame
3/8/09 7:48:29AM
Damn, it's a rough road for Jardine isn't it? I like Keith though and I think he can win this one.
Red-Dragon
3/8/09 9:07:36AM

Posted by IriShame

Damn, it's a rough road for Jardine isn't it? I like Keith though and I think he can win this one.

I like Keith too. The problem for him is that he is the worst of the top 5 or so belt contenders in the UFC LHW division at the moment. Therefore all his match ups are with top guys that will either always win a decision over him or KO him. Because of his power and heart he will win the occasional fight though. I would give him a 2/10 chance against the top 5.

He weighed in at 204, perhaps he could make an impact in the MW divsion?
sparky
3/8/09 9:38:02AM
This is a good rematch I have been waiting to see this one for a while now!!!!
cmb19932
3/8/09 10:22:50AM
forrest by destruction he must want this soooo bad i mean he cried for gods sake
MMAcca
3/8/09 10:40:34AM
Nice warm-up fight for Forrest on his return, but i think Forrest is on a different level to Jardine now and will destroy him.
kevietre
3/8/09 12:40:25PM
Rashad and Jardine both stopped Forrest. Jacksons camp has a perfect gameplan for a guy like Forrest and I think they have his number.
Boo_Radley21
3/8/09 1:38:47PM
Damnit stop putting guys who I don't want to lose against eachother! It makes it a lot tougher for me to pick these fights. This will be another good fight though, Joe Silva and the boys at Zuffa are doing a good job of putting fights together lately, I'm impressed.
Bowen50
3/8/09 2:13:27PM
i think Forrest takes this with a UD. he definitely wants this seems how he was embarrassed in their first fight. he's also not nearly as aggressive as he was back then. i think this fight will stay standing and Forrest will out point Jardine.
motorboatensob
3/8/09 2:39:21PM

Posted by kevietre

Rashad and Jardine both stopped Forrest. Jacksons camp has a perfect gameplan for a guy like Forrest and I think they have his number.

Forrest is a diff fighter now then he was then. In the first fight he was begging to be KO putting his head down and running in on Jardine. This should be a great fight I see a decishion coming out of this but still a good fight.
babytater03
3/8/09 4:28:39PM
I dont usually doubt posts but this site usually isn't a "breaking news" mma site and I dont see mention of either camp making this aware or a reliable source. Is this legit?
gartface
3/8/09 5:32:59PM

Posted by kevietre

He was dominating Rashad until he broke his hand...
Twenty20Dollars
3/8/09 6:07:16PM
will be like a kickboxing match.
prozacnation1978
3/8/09 7:35:09PM
call me crazy but i think jardine takes it again
cmb19932
3/8/09 7:37:37PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

call me crazy but i think jardine takes it again

'

ok crazy
pv3Hpv3p
3/12/09 11:02:11AM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by kevietre

Forrest is a diff fighter now then he was then. In the first fight he was begging to be KO putting his head down and running in on Jardine. This should be a great fight I see a decishion coming out of this but still a good fight.

First fight he actually got caught coming out of a flurry with a hook from Jardine... The thing about Jardine is that he's easy to look past, just like the first time... I don't think Forrest will make that same mistake again, but you never know what he's thinking when everyone around him is telling him that he's "on another level"... Jardine's faced some of the stiffest competition out there at LHW... I mean in his last 6 fights... Rampage, Vera, Wandy, Liddell, HA, and Forrest...

When you see a guy like Forrest get a fight with hector Ramirez and Jardine get fights with the likes of Vera and Wand it just seems like some guys get the easier road... IMO the only reason people say Forrest is on another level is because he outpointed Rampage in a fight I thought could have gone either way... Otherwise he's the same fighter with a big win over Shogun... Much like Jardine with his big win over LIddell...

They're both intelligent fighters that like to stand and trade, but have really tightened up their striking games... All I'm saying is that with the level of comp Jardine has faced (which is up to par with if not past who Forrest has fought) should keep him on the same level as Griffen anyways
EliasG
3/12/09 11:28:01AM
Jardine didn't look bad in this last fight, he just got beat by a better fighter. No question he won that first round though. I also think he hits harder than Forest. I think some of Forest's advantages will be taken away on the feet too---length, leg kicks, etc..

I just love guys like Jardine though that aren't all caught up in records, belts, etc.. Dude just fights, that's what he does. He works hard, trains, and always has a chance in tough fights. He reminds me of one of my favorite fighters ever Arturo Gatti. He may not always win but that's not the point---he competes every time out. That's more important to me than belts, records, etc...
ziegler3334
3/12/09 2:31:17PM
Exciting fight. Both guys need a win to stay in the top of the devision.

Also, great addition to 101. BTW, randy/nog is the main event right?
MMAcca
3/12/09 3:01:36PM

Posted by ziegler3334

randy/nog is the main event right?

Correct
TsekaPrivet
4/14/09 4:05:26AM
Bullshit, Forrest is fighting Thiago Silva.
Pookie
4/14/09 4:21:02AM

Posted by TsekaPrivet

Bullshit, Forrest is fighting Thiago Silva.

LOL
mrsmiley
4/14/09 12:22:03PM
This is a do or die situtation for both guys.
If Jardine wins it keeps him hanging (imo) within the 205 division top 10.
If Forrest wins I don't think it will really launch him up,but will stablize his posistion.

I say Forrest takes the rematch,but it's hard to count Jardine out.