for the 100th time is ufc 85 free on spike or is it pay per view??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » for the 100th time is ufc 85 free on spike or is it pay per view??
prozacnation1978
4/28/08 6:32:23PM
it seems that no one really knows, but they do have a point 3 $45 dollar pay per views in a 6 week span?? will everyone buy all three or just two of them. being so grouped together i just don't see the averga fan buying all three, especially with hard times like this. i am hoping the ufc will wise up and make it free but with a dynamite card in england it is well worth the money. i for one will buy all three thank you goverment for the stimulus check!!!

i am hoping the ufc make it official soon, what will happen. i see some mma sites have changed it from a pay per view to just free. but at this point who really knows

and what is with ufc 87, no matches at all being annouced for 2 months now!!
all we know is lesnar vs coleman, huerta vs florian..

just get it in gear already!!!!!!!!
juanez13
4/28/08 6:39:01PM
well i dont really care if its on PPV since i get it for free....but as far as i know its still a PPV event, i know there was a site that reported a few days ago that it would be on spike, but from reading the article you could tell they were behind schedule, it is however quite expensive to buy three PPV in the span of 3 weeks, so i suggest going to a bar with friends, or getting together with friends and pitch in to watch the fights.
backalley101
4/28/08 6:45:06PM
How do you get it for free ?
Ben_Hutch
4/28/08 6:46:51PM
UFC 85 is on PPV.
juanez13
4/28/08 6:46:51PM

Posted by backalley101

Satellite, im a Pirate
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/28/08 6:48:20PM

Posted by backalley101

anyone who gets Setanta on satellite can get all ufc ppvs in England for free free
Violence108
4/28/08 6:59:17PM
i hope its free, i not made out of money UFC!!!!!!!!!!
Ben_Hutch
4/28/08 6:59:39PM
You can download a thing calld 'sopcast'. It is almost like a tv on your computer, it has quite a few channels e.g 'MMA TV'. One of the channels shows the UFC events live and free :D
juanez13
4/28/08 7:03:57PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

You can download a thing calld 'sopcast'. It is almost like a tv on your computer, it has quite a few channels e.g 'MMA TV'. One of the channels shows the UFC events live and free :D

Yea thats another good alternative, its good to have either sopcast or TVU, since you get events like DREAM, UFC, etc... for free, and live, only thing is that its not great quality, but its much better than play by play, or catching it the next day.
jgtribbett
4/28/08 10:04:52PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by backalley101

Satellite, im a Pirate

hahahahahahahahaha
king_katool
4/28/08 11:25:03PM
well regardless ill pay for it , my bill comes in at the end of each month so regardless which weekend its on i still pay end of month and so it works out like normal 50 a month, now dont get me wrong ill jump for joy if its free, just thought id point out the bill thing for those who mightve overthought it
jae_1833
4/29/08 1:11:52AM
Gentlemen, this bull$hit was started on this site by me unfortunately...I read and posted it from MMANEWS.COM and soon found out how flawed of a story it was...many a misprint and typo....my formal appologies.
stock
4/29/08 11:52:34AM
It will definitely be streamed for free (just like the last half dozen UFCs).
NinjaCyborg
4/29/08 12:39:22PM
I thought every event broadcast from england was free?
Due to the time zone difference, they can't show it live in the US, so we get it for free.
CJB
4/29/08 1:46:31PM
Is this one gonna be live on Setanta for us Brits then?
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/29/08 1:52:37PM
Take solace that neither of those fights will be the main event for UFC 87, which means with those two card matches you are still garrenteed one really big match. (Maybe Silva vs. Okami)
Ben_Hutch
4/29/08 2:38:47PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Yea thats another good alternative, its good to have either sopcast or TVU, since you get events like DREAM, UFC, etc... for free, and live, only thing is that its not great quality, but its much better than play by play, or catching it the next day.

I watched UFC 83 live on sopcast and wasn't expecting the quality to be very good, but i was surprised, it was a pretty good picture.
iwannabesedated
4/29/08 3:05:13PM

Posted by NinjaCyborg

I thought every event broadcast from england was free?
Due to the time zone difference, they can't show it live in the US, so we get it for free.

UFC 72 was live it was at 3 in the afternoon EDT...Its only a 7 hr time difference..I hope they let us purchase it Live at 3pm on PPV..I like the afternoon UFC's so i still have my saturday night to party...Nomally the events arent over till close to 1AM with the 10Pm start.

But YES they can show it live...Itll just be in the afternoon like the Ireland 72 event.
loller90278
4/29/08 5:50:30PM

Posted by backalley101

do some research on FTA:

Free To Air.

throwmeahotone
4/30/08 9:13:15PM
hope its free cuz im outta money dammit!!!!
zephead
7/3/08 7:32:06PM
For the 86th time, NO
Ben_Hutch
7/3/08 8:19:02PM
Last month called and asked for its thread back.