ufc 100 main card might be a dilemma??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » ufc 100 main card might be a dilemma??
prozacnation1978
3/14/09 11:24:52AM
with the card now beginning to look full
7 bouts signed with another two coming

dolloway vs ??
and jon jones vs??

this might be best card i will go to yet

only 5 time slots

lesnar vs mir
hendo vs bisping
gsp vs alves

one of these fights if not two will go to prelims but which ones

coleman vs bonner
fitch vs thiago
jon jones vs ??

i will be curious to see who gets dumped but watch and see if the jones does wind up fighting a vera or hamill on this card
prozacnation1978
3/14/09 12:11:43PM
jones is fighting jake obrien
this should be a prelim now
SpiderSilva
3/15/09 2:25:40AM
man with all of these fighter we could see every fight on the PPV
lohmann
3/15/09 3:56:54AM
Coleman vs. Bonnar will be unaired. No matchmaker would show those guys on what will be billed as "the biggest event in UFC history." First, the winner will really be nowhere closer to the upper rung and the loser will be cut in keeping with the UFC's frenzied shedding. Secondly, the fight probably won't be good at all.

Fitch vs. Thiago will probably be aired because it's an obvious title eliminator where the winner of the fight will be either one fight away from or immediately receiving a title shot; Fitch may even get another crack with a win should Alves defeat St. Pierre because it's easy to promote a rematch.

Jones vs. O'Brien has a high chance of being aired anyway. If Jones does what everybody expects, the fight won't be that long.

Maybe the UFC should take up the idea of a four-hour pay-per-view once a year in the same way that their promoting godfathers, the WWE, have.
hodge
3/19/09 2:08:26PM
This really isnt the card i was expecting tbh thought it would be alot bigger
MFOTHER
3/19/09 2:15:37PM
i kind of remade this thread....sorry
Mayhem13
3/20/09 10:45:40AM
I think Fitch vs Thiago will be unaired...and the other two are toss ups..but I would guess Bonnar vs Coleman would make the maincard over Jones vs Obrien.

Maybe Dolloway will fight Sakara now that Belcher is fighting Akiyama
Hendo67
3/20/09 2:57:21PM
I thought Fitch/Thiago was on air?
the_01
3/20/09 3:25:05PM
I was expecting a better card, this is really not that hype to be considered the 100th UFC event. Anderson Silva, Chuck, Forrest, Wandi should make this card. Let them represent fighters that made UFC what it is today. It shouldnt be another card, which just holds more than one main event. This should be a BIG BANG. Second, what is Colman doing in this card, I thought he quit after the last fight, common gimme a break, I think the UFC has better options, I hope Bonnar breaks him in half. Anyways, maybe well have to wait untill UFC200, in about 8 or 9 years. See you guys then.
bls1919
3/20/09 6:03:34PM
I really want to see Jon Jones again. I think he'll be abkle to put Obrian away. Cant wait for GSP vs Alves either.. This is going to be a great card.
Aaronno9
3/20/09 6:06:15PM
I cant see Fitch going from number one contendor to two unaired fights.
gartface
3/20/09 7:09:37PM

Posted by Aaronno9

I cant see Fitch going from number one contendor to two unaired fights.

Dana White holds grudges, or so it seems.
mach
3/21/09 2:21:07AM

Posted by lohmann

Coleman vs. Bonnar will be unaired. No matchmaker would show those guys on what will be billed as "the biggest event in UFC history." First, the winner will really be nowhere closer to the upper rung and the loser will be cut in keeping with the UFC's frenzied shedding. Secondly, the fight probably won't be good at all.

1) Neither Bonnar or Coleman are gonna get cut. Dana has said a billion times that Bonnar's always got a job in the UFC and Coleman is a legend and will strongly be encouraged to retire well before he ever gets straight up cut.

2) Yes you are right, the fight will probably suck
king_katool
3/21/09 3:22:23AM
i think they will put akiyama vs belcher on the main card
prozacnation1978
3/22/09 12:10:09AM
akiyama vs belcher is on main card

last bout will be thiago vs fitch or bonner vs coleman

but rumors are saying bonner fight will be a prelim with fitch back on main card
Pookie
3/22/09 12:19:21AM
Akiyama v. Belcher is going to be a great fight to start off the card.