UFC 100 Live Discussion (PBP - Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC 100 Live Discussion (PBP - Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Khaos
7/11/09 8:10:58PM
1-1, Tom Lawlor is the f**cking man!!!!
postman
7/11/09 8:13:33PM
my bad jumped the gun
10-9 kim
says the junkie
loller90278
7/11/09 8:19:20PM
Round 2: Kim connects a left hed kick. Grant quickly defends and regains hos composure before landing a right and charging in. With Kim pinned against the cage, Grant works for the single leg. Kim defends, reverses the position and puts Grant in the guillotine submission from top position. Three in a row? Nope. Grant escapes but is now on his back as Kim works from full guard. Grant goes high with his guard but eats a right and a few elbow strikes.
Thefridge1337
7/11/09 8:19:56PM
wow sky snubed ufc 100 and aren't showing it
postman
7/11/09 8:21:17PM
Sorry is sky your cable company? If so Sh!ty
Thefridge1337
7/11/09 8:22:29PM
yea, they said it was going to be free and have a 9 hour marathon for ufc 100
postman
7/11/09 8:22:37PM
Grant is looking frustrated on his back as Kim continues a dominant top games that includes some pretty nasty shots. Grant, though, ties up Kim and has him stretched out in an odd position, but Kim backs out and stands over his opponent. He missed when raining down a shot but quickly returns to full guard. Grant works for an arm, but Kim gives up an effort to free a leg and puts Grant back into guard before posturing up and just missing with a huge right hand from the standing position. A timeout is called when Grant connects on a kick to the face while Kim still has a knee on the mat. A point may have been deducted for the illegal blow. The fighters restart from the standing position as the round expires. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Kim, possibly 10-8 if a point was deducted.

postman
7/11/09 8:23:25PM
You in the UK?
Thefridge1337
7/11/09 8:23:58PM
yea
postman
7/11/09 8:24:40PM
wow bummer
mentalcase
7/11/09 8:25:06PM
anyone got a link to the prelims?
postman
7/11/09 8:27:01PM
Round 3: A touch of the gloves gets the final round underway, and Grant opens with a stiff jab. The fighters trade shots from the clinch before Grant again tries for the single-leg takedown, again with no luck. Kim punishes him with elbows. Grant tries a hip toss, but Kim again shows remarkable balance and fends it off. The fighters continue fighting from close quarters, but a restart is called for after a lull in action. Grant immediately connects on a combination of punches, but Kim slams him back to the mat Kim works to improve the position, but stopping him is the one thing Grant's been able to do from his back. The round ends, and MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Kim in what should be a clean sweep of the judges' cards.
loller90278
7/11/09 8:28:08PM
Round 3: A touch of the gloves gets the final round underway, and Grant opens with a stiff jab. The fighters trade shots from the clinch before Grant again tries for the single-leg takedown, again with no luck. Kim punishes him with elbows. Grant tries a hip toss, but Kim again shows remarkable balance and fends it off. The fighters continue fighting from close quarters, but a restart is called for after a lull in action. Grant immediately connects on a combination of punches, but Kim slams him back to the mat. Grant's had no answer for this position, and Kim knows it. He begins looking to pass guard and frees a leg before Grant pulls him back in. Kim backs off and stands, but Grant gets to his feet when a kick misses. The fighters clinch, though, and Kim takes him back to the mat. Kim works to improve the position, but stopping him is the one thing Grant's been able to do from his back. The round ends, and MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Kim in what should be a clean sweep of the judges' cards.
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/09 8:29:38PM
Looks like grant got that point deducted in the second.

Kim by UD (30-26)

Just how I thought the fight might go, 11 pts.
postman
7/11/09 8:29:45PM
30 -26 across the board Loller or 20 $take it I have to leave here in 25 min won't be able to keep up
loller90278
7/11/09 8:30:59PM
yes sir!
Franklinfan47
7/11/09 8:34:27PM
Knew I could count on Kim for a decision.

1-2 with 11 points.
Thefridge1337
7/11/09 8:35:25PM
anyone got a sopcast or tvu channel for prelims?
postman
7/11/09 8:37:15PM

Posted by loller90278

yes sir!

HaHa was I being pushy? My bad bro
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/09 8:38:53PM
I really need O'brien for the upset here!
loller90278
7/11/09 8:47:08PM
JON JONES (8-0) VS. JAKE O'BRIEN (11-2)

Round 1: Lots of defense early as the two fighters settle in. O'Brien shoots forward with punches, but Jones fends it off, and we start again. O'Brien just misses a left hook and partially blocks a body kick. Both fighters swinging and missing at a minute in. O'Brien shoots again, but Jones again sidesteps it. O'Brien shoots, and Jones sprawls and avoids the takedown again. Jones throws kicks from a variety of angles. O'Brien blocks most, but a few get through. Not much behind them, though. Jones lands a nice jab but eats a one-two combo.
loller90278
7/11/09 8:51:12PM
Jones looks very patient and calm as he bounces and considers his next move. The pace slows as neither fighter wants to engage. Jones connects on the second part of a combo with a left and goes high with a soft head kick that partially connects. Jones' left jabs keep O'Brien from shooting and he blocks another head kick just in time. Jones next lands a body kick that has some power behind it. Jones charges in with fancy footwork and a couple punches, but O'Brien answers with a combo. MMAjunkie.com scores a fairly close round for Jones, 10-9.
loller90278
7/11/09 8:54:01PM
Round 2: Jones connects with a body kick. O'Brien is unaffected and takes the center of the cage and lands a nice right. Jones keeps circling and won't be a stationary target. Jones snaps off a good inside leg kick but the following head kick is blocked. The pace slows a bit as the fighters trade the occasional punch. Jones fires off a couple combinations and leg kick and graces O'Brien with a spinning back elbow. O'Brien quickly recovers, but Jones turns on the burners and throws a series of kicks. O'Brien shoots, Jones stands over him and then slaps on a choke that forces the tapout in quick fashion
postman
7/11/09 8:55:15PM
3-1
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/09 8:55:38PM
ouch that killed my parlay.

What is up with these sloppy shots and guillotines tonight?

hotrodttt
7/11/09 8:57:41PM
Good sh*t John, only 7 Points though, what happened to Grice? He looked so good in his last Fight and gives us that. Just a bad showing I guess
loller90278
7/11/09 9:10:10PM
Round 1: Danzig plays defense as Miller swings and misses with short punches. The fighters connect simultaneously, and Miller gets the better of it. Miller then shoots, scoops up Miller and puts him on his back. Miller pops out of guard, but Danzig pulls him back in. Danzig slaps on a loose guillotine from his back, but Miller continues looking to free a leg with no concerns. Miller pops free and drops a few elbows. Miller frees one leg, but Danzig again pulls him back in.
loller90278
7/11/09 9:12:55PM
Danzig sits up and is blasted with a forearm strikes that opens a gusher on his forehead. Danzig, though, gets back to his feet, and as Miller pushes him into the cage, he's doused in a steady stream of his opponent's blood. It's an absolute gusher. Miller takes the fight to the mat again, and both fighters are coated in the slippery substance. Danzig somehow keeps it out of eyes. Danzig throws elbows from his back as Miller throws a few punches and concentrates on improving his position before the round ends. MMAjunkie.com scores a literal bloodbath of a first round, 10-9 for Miller.
Twenty20Dollars
7/11/09 9:14:21PM
Im done with wagers, I cant get them.

Now the fights are seeming to go against my picks.
loller90278
7/11/09 9:19:59PM
Danzig's corner can do little to stop by the flow, but round two starts to a huge ovation. Miller lands a body kick that makes me wince just hearing it. Danzig slips in a right, blocks a head kick but is then taken down with a textbook double-leg. Miller works short punches to the body and then pops Danzig with another blow to the face. Danzig remains calm as he looks to his corner for help. Danzig spins to maintain full guard and leaves a trail of blood as he circles. Miller then throws a quick burst of punches to the gaping wound, which causes the crowd to audible grimace. Danzig goes high with his guard, but he can't get off his back. Miller again drops elbows to the head and continues working at the cut. Miller then unloads a series of hammerfists from both hands. Danzig throws some elbows from below, but they slip to the side of Miller's blood-stained kisser. (The UFC and <i>Dayton Daily News</i> teamed up to give away a commemorative piece of tonight's canvas. Looks like it's going to come up with a DNA sample.) Steve Mazzagatti finally calls for a standup, and we start again. The pink fighters trade punches, and Danzig seems hesitant to close the distance for fear of the takedown. Sure enough, Miller shoots, and Danzig locks in a very deep guillotine. The crowd erupts, but the bell saves him. MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Miller.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4