99 vs 100

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 99 vs 100
theguido
3/3/09 8:03:06AM
I know its kinda acctually it's really early but from what I've seen and herd
99 seems like it's going to be a better card than 100 which really suprises me. Ithought that from top to bottom 100 was going to be stacked( wishfull thinking) but theres been a few rumored duds IMO.

Your thoughts?????
cmb19932
3/3/09 8:20:17AM
Nope

100 will be stacked just look whats guarenteed so far gsp vs thiago and hendo vs bisping
Boo_Radley21
3/3/09 11:13:37AM

Posted by cmb19932

Nope

100 will be stacked just look whats guarenteed so far gsp vs thiago and hendo vs bisping

The only two fights I have seen confirmed are those two as well, and I've also heard that neither of those fights will be the main event. That shows that there's gonna be another huge fight that can top both of those good fights. I've still got faith that 100 will be a damn good card. 99 is gonna be kickass too though.
Kracker_Jap
3/3/09 11:17:09AM
The UFC is smart with their marketing...

In this new economy we have been blessed with most are under a budget..

So in this case the UFC will hold the releases of the other fights on the UFC 100 card so the attention is on UFC 99 people will buy it then feel more compelled to buy 100 after all the fights are announces
theguido
3/3/09 12:36:29PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

So in this case the UFC will hold the releases of the other fights on the UFC 100 card so the attention is on UFC 99 people will buy it then feel more compelled to buy 100 after all the fights are announces

Never thought about it that way, I guess that makes me one of the UFC puppets
king_katool
3/3/09 12:51:14PM
i believe rashad will make his first defence at 100 against either machida or rampage
cmb19932
3/3/09 3:20:17PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

ya never thought of it like that see this is why its good to have you back
prozacnation1978
3/3/09 5:22:54PM
talk about screaming fire when u only see smoke

100 will be good, or at least main card will be

u can easily pencil in rampage/machida vs evans

and i would think huerta might have his last fight as well

as well as jon fitch on the card vs karo maybe
NatedawgThaM
3/3/09 6:11:35PM
I think 99 will be a card with better fights on them. I just think Wandy-Hendo will be too much of a slugfest all out war with a great KO finish which will be hard to beat. Davis-Hardy will definitely be an amazing fight, another great slugfest with a great KO finish, Cain finally will get tested against Herring and both of them go at you and fight which wil be a great heavyweight fight.

Just think it will be an all around better fight card. Maybe not hype wise, but all the wars I think that will go down I think will be more exciting then the beatdowns at 100. I will love watching GSP one against devour another opponent in a great but still I think one sided fight and Hendo completely handing Bisping a complete beatdown but the 99 fights I believe will be more competitive which will bring out better fights IMO!!!
higdon10
3/3/09 6:21:48PM
99 is gonna be tough to top, but 100 is gonna be loaded.