$25,000 AWARD BONUSES AT UFC FIGHT NIGHT 14

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » $25,000 AWARD BONUSES AT UFC FIGHT NIGHT 14
SmileR
7/20/08 8:33:48AM
With the victory, Markham not only won his UFC debut, but he also picked up a $25,000 bonus for “Knockout of the Night.”

While everyone assumed the match-up would have happened during the seventh season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” it took until Saturday night for former wrestling adversaries C.B. Dollaway and Jesse Taylor to compete in the UFC against each other.

Dollaway helped to erase the memory of his last fight against Amir Sadollah, by submitting his former housemate with his signature move, the Peruvian Neck Tie, and earning himself $25,000 for “Submission of the Night.”

Coming off a loss, Frankie Edgar had something extra to prove, while Hermes Franca had just as much to prove after sitting out for more than a year due to a steroid suspension handed down after his last fight against Sean Sherk in July 2007.

Franca and Edgar went to war for the duration of their 15-minute affair, exchanging positions, working on the ground and feet. For their efforts, they each earned $25,000 for “Fight of the Night” honors.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT 14 AWARD BONUSES
(as disclosed by UFC officials)
Each fighter earned $25,000 for the following awards.

Fight of the Night:
-Frankie Edgar and Hermes Franca

Knockout of the Night:
-Rory Markham

Submission of the Night:
-C.B. Dollaway

Link
ThePlague
7/20/08 9:00:21AM
I'm really surprised they chose the Edgar/Franca fight for fight of the night. There were a couple of good moments but the majority of it wasn't so stellar. I guess they need one that goes past the first round for that category though. The other ones are obviously right on the money.
Porch28
7/20/08 10:03:18AM
Rumble was robbed!
originalconspiracy
7/20/08 10:16:06AM

Posted by Porch28

Rumble was robbed!

the biggest bunch of bullshit ive ever seen. i thought for sure they were gonna give burns the dq. why in the **** would the judges and mazzagatti give burns the tko win. clearly the eye poke caught and uppercut missed by miles, but they still gave it to him. WHY? theres an instant replay for a reason..use it.

even with the bullshit call rumble was very classy
moob
7/20/08 11:19:15AM

Posted by ThePlague

I'm really surprised they chose the Edgar/Franca fight for fight of the night. There were a couple of good moments but the majority of it wasn't so stellar. I guess they need one that goes past the first round for that category though. The other ones are obviously right on the money.

I guess it's because the majority of the fights were pretty poor - and they don't tend to give FOTN to fast KO contests like the Silva or Markham fights.
juanez13
7/20/08 11:24:13AM

Posted by moob

Posted by ThePlague

I guess it's because the majority of the fights were pretty poor - and they don't tend to give FOTN to fast KO contests like the Silva or Markham fights.

No. It was because there were only 2 decisiona in the whole card, and he rest being mostly one sided fights, with Edgar/Franca being the most competitive fight that went to distance.
xtra_chewy
7/20/08 2:16:41PM
Had Rumble won that fight I would have gotten 1st place on the event!!
That was definately a crock of $hit!!
eyeforeigneye
7/20/08 2:30:37PM
no arguements for KO and SUB of the night, Markham and Dollaway definitely deserved both of em
nastshabast
7/20/08 3:14:37PM
25000 is pretty cheap if you think about it, even being a free show. Dana's money clip is too full to pull a dollar out.
Porch28
7/20/08 4:11:38PM
I forgot to mention I now truly believe we are getting to watch the 2 guys that will go down as the greatest of all time in Silva and Fedor. We are lucky!
RMFG_187
7/20/08 4:30:50PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO

Edgar Hermes FON? are u serious? Who picks the winners, is it also Joe Silva?

Porch28
7/20/08 8:18:09PM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by RMFG_187

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Edgar Hermes FON? are u serious? Who picks the winners, is it also Joe Silva?

It was a good fight
JimiMak
7/20/08 8:42:49PM
please stop whining. do you try to get everyone banned cuz you don't like what they say or their av pic? It's a Costa Mesa police car, it's not a swastika.
Near07
7/20/08 9:45:18PM
I don't know about getting banned, but it is a very disrepectful pic, maybe just what it says!! I'm sure everyone knows someone close going through some tough issues in life and they i hope wouldn't poke fun at them!! Rampage is a classy world class fighter who is going through some S### and he needs as much support as he can get. Obviously what he did was wrong, but it is very out of his character.... RMFG_187 nothing against you but think if that was somone in your family...just change your avatar and show some respect for the the great fighters of mma!! Sorry for being off topic....
GrandMaster313
7/20/08 9:53:18PM

Posted by ThePlague

I agree this fight should not have won fight of the night it was honestly a real boring fight up into the last 3 mins in the 3rd.

As for Johnson he should have been given 5 mins to recover. I know the Ref's dont have the REPLAY luxery that we have but still that was a sneaky move.
saemskin
7/21/08 9:22:18PM

Posted by JimiMak

please stop whining. do you try to get everyone banned cuz you don't like what they say or their av pic? It's a Costa Mesa police car, it's not a swastika.

It wasn't the pic, dad, it was the words above the pic, nor was I whining. And yes, I will forever rail against what I feel is stupidly disrespectful and wrong.