You've seen Xtreame Couture,but are you ready for Juicy Couture?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » You've seen Xtreame Couture,but are you ready for Juicy Couture?
mrsmiley
1/11/08 7:50:22PM
http://www.juicycouture.com/

As far as I know,Randy had nothing to do with this,and this is Liz Claiborne's moster.But from their banner down to the name,it seems like a cheap copy of Xtreame Couture,and is a more marketable verison for alternative lifestyles.
Ordep
1/11/08 8:18:30PM
DCRage
1/11/08 8:57:38PM

Posted by mrsmiley

http://www.juicycouture.com/

As far as I know,Randy had nothing to do with this,and this is Liz Claiborne's moster.But from their banner down to the name,it seems like a cheap copy of Xtreame Couture,and is a more marketable verison for alternative lifestyles.

I was thinking the same until I did some research, more specifically when I looked up the word Couture via Yahoo's online dictionary:
Couture (noun):
1. The business of designing, making, and selling highly fashionable, usually custom-made clothing for women.
2. Dressmakers and fashion designers considered as a group.
3. The high-fashion clothing created by designers.

You learn something new every day. didn't even know that was a word besides being Randy's last name.
grappler0000
1/11/08 9:45:58PM
Juicy Couture was around before Xtreme Couture was. Randy just happens to have a last name that fits very well into the clothing market...he's always said that it would be hard NOT to get involved with a clothing line with a last name like Couture.
loller90278
1/11/08 9:46:38PM
um juicy couture has been around way longer than xtreme couture and randy has nothing to do with them.. its a pretty fashionable company
Mayhem13
1/11/08 9:50:53PM
I always thought a "Juicy Couture" was what you got when you crossed Randy with "The Muscleshark"
mrsmiley
1/11/08 11:16:46PM

Posted by loller90278

um juicy couture has been around way longer than xtreme couture and randy has nothing to do with them.. its a pretty fashionable company

I still find it rather bizzare that I never saw any advertisement for them in my local mall,until after Xtreame Coutrure merchandise was flying off shelves in my local sporting store.while I am sure they you are correct and this has been around a while,I haven't seen it advirstised until my local sports store ran short on Xtreame couture merchandise.Maybe they hope to get the name in buyers minds more or something? Those marketing people are smart.