What's Wrong with Mazzagati?*spoiler

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » What's Wrong with Mazzagati?*spoiler
snakerattle79
7/27/08 5:00:14PM
Whats wrong with Mazzagati during the Baszler/Cyborg fight, i mean Baszler was already done,gassed out and took a lot of beating already and still Mazzagati continued it and eventually Baszler took another more beating that resulted to that KO, if it would have been in the 1st EXC CBS show it would definitely been stopped... and look at Cyborg celebrating cause she knows Baszler was already done and would have killed her if continues that barrage of punches
nickcuc547
7/27/08 5:12:56PM
if cyborg hit her one or two more times that's it, instead she jumped on the cage. she was down but wasn't out, i think it was a good call by steve.
Twenty20Dollars
7/27/08 5:24:27PM
well since steve has been in some contraversal(sp) decisions he was making sure he didnt end the fight too early and having the other girl complain about the fight being stopped too soon. Steve didnt step in and say the fight was over and it was cyborg who keep fighting till like a min later.
RMFG_187
7/27/08 5:52:26PM
Steve did the right thing. Similar with Alvarez Kawajiri. u think its done, but its not, and all it takes is a few quick punches that LOOK effective and its done.
JimiMak
7/27/08 6:12:15PM
So you think a woman shouldn't be allowed to fight til the ko the way a man is?

The first show they had controversial early stoppages in several bouts. They wanted to avoid that. I think it was a good thing, as do everyone that I know that watched.
grappler0000
7/27/08 6:55:06PM
The ref calls the fight...not the fighters.
Jackelope
7/27/08 7:19:52PM
I guess I'll take some flak for this, but I think it's pretty obvious that Cyborg had that fight won. She wasn't intelligently defending herself for several seconds, had several unanswered blows thrown to her head, and then she dropped to the ground not in a "I'm going for a takedown fashion" but more in a "I just got ******* rocked" kind of way. The stache should have called the fight. She only ended up taking more of the same shots and could have possibly had her jaw broken or worse.

This coming from a guy who has complained about fights being stopped early before. Then again, I could just have some kind of subliminal instinct that says because they're women they need to have the fight stopped earlier.
Dragonscale
7/27/08 9:18:30PM
Nothing is wrong with him... he officiated perfectly.. now THAT is how far to let a fight go, just enough so we are all sure.

WAR MAZ!
voodoo-jitsu
7/27/08 9:31:05PM
steve has no clue what hes doing every decision is off course seeing him in there makes my head feel like its going to explode i just know when hes in there something stupid is going to happen ..........and it usually does
jimmypockets
7/27/08 11:48:05PM
Even though it is irrelevent I thought Cyborg should have been penalized in some way for halfway leaving the cage during a fight. I think Cyborg is great and I am glad she won and everything but I am surprised there is not a rule of some kind stating you can't exit or climb the cage during the fight. Cyborg is an absolute beast but I would have loved to have seen Baysler get up and throw her from the top of the cage. I would stil be laughing.
holt8081
7/28/08 2:03:37AM
he has no more mustace
Mattchoo
7/28/08 8:54:58AM

Posted by holt8081

he has no more mustace

Yeah a man with a mustace has unreal powers.

Its like Kimbo and Andrei's beards, they are superior beings simply for that.
stock
7/28/08 10:25:51AM
The refs can never do any right.

No matter what a ref does, people will be pissed that a fight is stopped too early, and people will be pissed if a fight goes too long.

I think Mazz did the right think in the Cyborg fight. But that is just my opinion.
I am from the camp of making sure a fight does not get stopped early.
These guys train blood sweat and tears to get to the big show, and I don't want that ruined by an early stoppage.
holt8081
7/28/08 9:35:28PM
cyborg should never stop fighting until the ref stops her
the_01
7/29/08 4:18:26PM
Im sorry guys, but I was out on vacation for a while. Can you please tell me which event and organization was that ?

Thank you
jiujitsufreak74
7/29/08 4:19:37PM
It was Elite XC: Smith and Lawler 2 and it aired July 26th
mach
7/30/08 10:41:43AM

Posted by holt8081

he has no more mustace

Yea now I just look silly when I call him Mustache Mazzagati
saemskin
7/31/08 4:50:48PM

Posted by snakerattle79

Whats wrong with Mazzagati during the Baszler/Cyborg fight, i mean Baszler was already done,gassed out and took a lot of beating already and still Mazzagati continued it and eventually Baszler took another more beating that resulted to that KO, if it would have been in the 1st EXC CBS show it would definitely been stopped... and look at Cyborg celebrating cause she knows Baszler was already done and would have killed her if continues that barrage of punches

First:
Unless you are a referee you have no business second guessing a quality ref like Mzzagatti. He did not call the fight plain and simple.

Second:
You sound like an idiot. It was clear she was hurt, but far from being out. She was defending herself and taking big shots. Just because she dropped to the ground means absolutely nothing. That's how you escape from stiking, fall to the ground or grab ahold of your opponent.

So, stop talking out your ass please.