So what's the word on Forrest?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » So what's the word on Forrest?
emfleek
10/4/10 12:24:12PM
Has anyone read (or heard in some cases, I guess) anything about his potential return? We're approaching a year since he lost fought and the announcement of the Jones/Bader matchup made me wonder what's going on since he was rumored to be fighting Jones in early '11.
AfroSamuraiTHEBEAST
10/4/10 1:26:32PM
Last I heard he released another book. Don't really know who he could fight. I'm thinking maybe the Tito Ortiz trilogy if Tito beats Hamil, or the Lil Nog fight I wish we would have gotten at 114.

I don't think theirs anyone else out there. Both winnable fights too. He seems to me mentally out of it, I don't think he's as motivated as he use to be so I'm happy to see hes taking a decent break, hopefully he'll be back more ready then ever.
grappler0000
10/4/10 1:50:09PM
If I remember correctly, his injury that pulled him out his last fight required surgery...perhaps he's just heeling. I also think he's been doing some promotional things...perhaps for his book as stated above. He did that hilarious interview a couple of months back where he denied rumors of a Jones matchup, but I don't remember if he discussed a timeframe for his next fight or not.
Gogoplatapus
10/4/10 2:28:22PM
On the MMA Hour Ep. 49 from September 8 he said he was 75% and wanted to have a fight by the end of the year. He also said that he really only likes to fight in Vegas, so a educated guess would say the January 1 card or the Superbowl weekend card.
prozacnation1978
10/4/10 4:14:08PM
Given he was suppose to fight in detroit against jones
And publically said he would get his butt kicked
Fight never did finalize. I do think new years card. Probably co main event
Against rich franklin or lil nog
FastKnockout
10/4/10 6:25:47PM
That's what I was thinking. I like the idea of both these fights, but I think Franklin might give him the better fight.
Pskinner_mma314
10/4/10 6:57:03PM
the only thing i've heard is that he would be facing Franklin
Chael_Sonnen
10/5/10 12:47:37PM
Forrest vs Rich would be dynamite!

Hope Griffin comes back healthy...big fan!
gartface
10/5/10 12:48:18PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Forrest vs Rich would be dynamite!

Hope Griffin comes back healthy...big fan!

Absolutely. He always seems to have something going on...
LanceFreimuth
10/5/10 9:58:47PM
I know for a fact that he's in training right now.
fedordynamo
10/7/10 4:23:52PM
He's still running
fonduktoe
10/8/10 12:56:32AM

Posted by fedordynamo

He's still running

that joke isn't funny anymore it's like saying "not" at the end of a sentence ala wayne's world...not funny anymore
kaduey
10/9/10 12:07:48PM
I think Lil Nog is a bad match-up for Forrest. Rich is a much more interesting fight imo.
LanceFreimuth
10/9/10 6:05:58PM

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by fedordynamo

He's still running

that joke isn't funny anymore it's like saying "not" at the end of a sentence ala wayne's world...not funny anymore

hahaha
ncordless
10/9/10 6:08:22PM

Posted by fonduktoe

Posted by fedordynamo

He's still running

... NOT!!!
fedordynamo
10/9/10 7:39:42PM
jesus, all three of you queers are gonna gangbang me for making a sly comment about forrest? is this what mma playground has come to?