who'd win: Nick Diaz vs Kenny Florian

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » who'd win: Nick Diaz vs Kenny Florian
POLL: Kenny Florian vs Nick Diaz
Diaz via Decision 9% (5)
Diaz via Sub 7% (4)
Diaz via KO/TKO 9% (5)
Florian via Decision 39% (21)
Florian via Sub 11% (6)
Florian via KO/TKO 24% (13)
veritas
11/23/08 3:58:37AM
If Nick came back at LW, he would rise to the top pretty quickly in my opinion.
Both he and Kenny have shared losses in the same year to Diego Sanchez and Sean Sherk, and in my opinion, at lightweight, stand a pretty good chance at avenging both of those losses should they ever happen again.

My question is... if Kenny Florian were ever to fight Nick Diaz, who would win and how??

I think both have phenomenal jiu jitsu, and actually both have a solid stand up game as well. Nick is a little more wild on the feet and lets his emotions get to him. I think this would be a pretty gnarly battle. How do you all see this playing out?

Aaronno9
11/23/08 4:16:30AM
I think Diaz would take a split. It would be an epic fight, but i dont think nick could make 155 easily, and with Nate already doing well in the division, i dont think hed want to risk getting to a point where they might have to fight for the number 1 contender spot.
bullettdodger
11/23/08 4:32:19AM
I don't think it would happen either but i think Florian takes this with better striking.
EvenFlow
11/23/08 4:33:36AM
Diaz by Gogo
haggiswashere
11/23/08 4:47:16AM
I don't think Diaz would sub Kenny. If diaz won it would be by Decision.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/23/08 7:02:53AM
#1, i agree with the majority of ppl - Kenflo by dec
#2, Nick never really ever made 155lbs b/c EliteXC's Lightweight class was @ 160lbs. Besides, I think Nick should go back up to Welterweight. That's where he beat EliteXC's Middleweight champ Robbie Lawler anyway!!!
Gweedo
11/23/08 10:37:48AM
Kenflo by tko on a cut.
Jackelope
11/23/08 10:42:39AM
Kenflo moves better on the feet, has a wider array of strikes, and has the ground savvy to avoid getting subbed.

Diaz can't be KO'd very easily, has decent boxing (although ugly as hell) and plays mind games on the feet.

I honestly think Kenflo would take a decision in this one pretty easily. He wouldn't get suckered into Diaz's mind games and he'd probabl pick him apart from the outside on the feet.
emfleek
11/23/08 10:44:16AM
I think Florian would absolutely dominate Nick Diaz.
grappler0000
11/23/08 11:03:21AM

Posted by Jackelope

Kenflo moves better on the feet, has a wider array of strikes, and has the ground savvy to avoid getting subbed.

Diaz can't be KO'd very easily, has decent boxing (although ugly as hell) and plays mind games on the feet.

I honestly think Kenflo would take a decision in this one pretty easily. He wouldn't get suckered into Diaz's mind games and he'd probabl pick him apart from the outside on the feet.

What he said.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
11/23/08 2:13:08PM
would be fight of the year. I would take diaz via decision or tko . difference maker being 3 inch height advantage /reach for diaz . I doubt nick could make 155 though . Anyone picking kenny , do you think kenny could hang with diego(already got destroyed) , karo, joe riggs, chris lytle like nick did?
copcopps
11/23/08 2:18:06PM
Florian by decision
juanez13
11/23/08 3:16:30PM
Florian by cut stoppage. He has a definite edge in wrestling, and as already mentioned, he wider array of strikes.

If not by a cut from hellbows, it would be a decision for Florian.
wolfman
11/23/08 4:30:40PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

would be fight of the year. I would take diaz via decision or tko . difference maker being 3 inch height advantage /reach for diaz . I doubt nick could make 155 though . Anyone picking kenny , do you think kenny could hang with diego(already got destroyed) , karo, joe riggs, chris lytle like nick did?

Those fights are in the past, Florian has improved tremendously over the years and I have seen the complete opposite from Diaz. The height advantage you speak of would not be much a factor at all. As mentioned Kenny's quick footwork would allow him to stick and move all night and outpoint Diaz to an easy decision win.
tepid55
11/23/08 10:28:24PM
I think Florian would win a decision due to his superior wrestling skills.
Pookie
11/23/08 10:50:38PM
pretty good match-up very close.

Im surprised that its 31-7 for Florian. With those odds id lay huge money on DIaz and even pick him if he had the underdog bonus.
EvenFlow
11/24/08 3:48:35AM
Yeah that poll is extremely one sided and it really shouldnt be, its a great matchup, I would actually give Nick the edge.
Gipper
11/24/08 8:32:37AM
nick should come back to the ufc ww div
WrestlersAssassin
11/24/08 8:20:22PM
10 to 37 for keny are you people mad, diaz has a way better shot than that, i would probably pick kenny by UD but still, wow!!
higdon10
11/26/08 11:47:43AM

Posted by Jackelope

Couldnt have said it better.