Think you've got weirdos where you live?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Think you've got weirdos where you live?
cowcatcher
6/8/11 9:28:27AM
There's a little town called Sheboygan north of Milwaukee and weird news stories always come out of there. Lucky for me it's pretty far from the south side of Milwaukee, people there are crazy. This one came out a while ago and I remembered it when I read an article online today. Here's the link.

Here's the audio of the 911 call. link

Bizarre...

Any crazy news stories form your neck of the woods?

Quick side note, my buddy's dad was mayor of this town until he was recalled a year or two ago.
scoozna
6/8/11 10:37:37AM
That's wild, at age 57, you don't expect things like that to happen. It said she was "manic" and off her meds. I know a couple of people that are bipolar and they do crazy sh** too.

emfleek
6/8/11 10:43:51AM

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - A Fort Wayne man was charged with inhaling toxic vapors for the 48th time after his wife called police and told them he was huffing paint in their apartment last Thursday.

Paint Huffing Husband Hauled to Jail
Theoutlaw08
6/8/11 10:48:02AM
Yeah, in Wisconsin we have some pretty crazy sh*t go down. Glad I live in southern Wisconsin. Grew up in West Allis, which was dirty and then lived on teh Eastside of Milwaukee, where everyone gets beat up. Thats a crazy story tho.
Theoutlaw08
6/8/11 10:49:35AM

Posted by emfleek

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - A Fort Wayne man was charged with inhaling toxic vapors for the 48th time after his wife called police and told them he was huffing paint in their apartment last Thursday.

Hahah, what a loser.
cowcatcher
6/8/11 10:59:23AM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Yeah, in Wisconsin we have some pretty crazy sh*t go down. Glad I live in southern Wisconsin. Grew up in West Allis, which was dirty and then lived on teh Eastside of Milwaukee, where everyone gets beat up. Thats a crazy story tho.

I was raised in Greenfield so I was near Dirty Stallis and know it well, and I lived on the east side for quite a few years, but I never thought it was too bad there. It's mostly artsy goofballs and college students.
cowcatcher
6/8/11 11:11:31AM

Posted by emfleek

48 times???? Dude needs a job at Sherwin-Williams.
Franklinfan47
6/8/11 12:03:35PM

Posted by emfleek

So sad yet so funny at the same time. I probably could of held it together were it not for the picture.
Theoutlaw08
6/8/11 1:29:30PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Theoutlaw08

I was raised in Greenfield so I was near Dirty Stallis and know it well, and I lived on the east side for quite a few years, but I never thought it was too bad there. It's mostly artsy goofballs and college students.

Yeah I lived on the eastside when it was popular for people to beat up students walking home. And when guys robbed girls while they were waiting for the buses.
Maybe like 3 or 4 years ago
kopower
6/8/11 1:44:55PM
The local sports radio show here does a "dairy land diary" every week about bizarre stories from Wisconsin. I'm sure there are bizarre stories from everywhere and maybe being so close to our neighbor in the midwest has something to do with how many crazy stories I hear from Wisconsin.

I can't remember exactly, but I heard a dairy land diary story regarding a benefit held for somebody that was killed from driving drunk. This story is not bizarre but head scratching. I believe the person was a younger gentleman that was intoxicated and crashed his bike and died. Anyways, his friends were holding a benefit for him at a bar where they were promoting $5 cups for all you can drink beer
Kpro
6/9/11 12:55:01AM

Posted by cowcatcher

There's a little town called Sheboygan north of Milwaukee and weird news stories always come out of there. Lucky for me it's pretty far from the south side of Milwaukee, people there are crazy. This one came out a while ago and I remembered it when I read an article online today. Here's the link.

Here's the audio of the 911 call. link

Bizarre...

Any crazy news stories form your neck of the woods?

Quick side note, my buddy's dad was mayor of this town until he was recalled a year or two ago.

I used to work for a company selling online advertising space and one of the stations I sold for was fox6now.com in Milwaukee and I can verify that my sales calls to Sheboygan business owners were borderline Outer Limits.
emfleek
6/9/11 8:20:43AM
I always think of this guy when I hear the word "Sheboygan"...

cowcatcher
6/10/11 3:51:28PM
Sheboygan never fails to disappoint...

link
emfleek
6/10/11 3:55:13PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Sheboygan never fails to disappoint...

link

Thanks for posting that, Nicholas!

Adrenaline
6/15/11 7:11:38AM

Posted by emfleek

Ha ha my hell, it looks like he wen't down on the tin man.
cowcatcher
8/1/11 11:04:53AM
Even the people running Sheboygan are crazy...link
pmoney
8/1/11 12:10:31PM
You guys inspired me. I found an... interesting news article that took place not too far from me. Let me just say, I love living so close to Mexico.......

Mom mistakes gun for lighter, shoots daughter

Early morning shootings under investigation

Partygoer shoots shelf while pocketing pistol

I tried finding the link of the triple homicide where the suspects were supposed to have fled to Mexico... but to no avail. If you do a little digging around of your own on the site that hosts all of these articles, you will see quite the extensive list of recent shootings, robberies, kidnappings, murders and rapes.

Damn, why do I live here again??