What is the UFC's ultimate goal?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What is the UFC's ultimate goal?
40ouncetpkid
9/20/11 12:41:59PM
You would think it'd be to be as big as the NFL & NBA and someday just get rid of the PPV format especially now that their on fox but do you think that's the goal for Dana?
kopower
9/20/11 1:01:35PM
My guess it's similar to Pinky and the Brain, "To Take Over the World"!

I think Dana played it perfectly spreading out to different countries. If the market somehow slows down in the US, he can always do less shows here and more outside of the country. I really have no idea how large the UFC will become. If they can keep attracting the next generation of youths, they should be fine.
cowcatcher
9/20/11 1:06:13PM
Getting sanctioned everywhere would lead to more companies outside of those with "manly" products(Budweiser, Harley) interested in buying commercial time. There are still those opposed to the sport so some bridges have to be crossed to make getting rid of PPV and going strictly commercial a viable source of income for them. Plus the PPV model has worked for boxing and the WWE for so long that it's a proven way to make a lot of money long term.
Twenty20Dollars
9/20/11 2:01:03PM
Be no.1
ghandikush
9/20/11 3:18:19PM
Money. PPV sells more than products do. There will never be a consistant friday/saturday night fights on free networks.
emfleek
9/20/11 3:21:33PM

Posted by ghandikush

Money.

This.

Pookie
9/20/11 3:23:59PM

Posted by kopower

My guess it's similar to Pinky and the Brain, "To Take Over the World"!

I think Dana played it perfectly spreading out to different countries. If the market somehow slows down in the US, he can always do less shows here and more outside of the country. I really have no idea how large the UFC will become. If they can keep attracting the next generation of youths, they should be fine.

Beat me to it, Pinky.
Theoutlaw08
9/20/11 4:18:29PM
I would say there ultimate goal would be to take over completely, and become a sports power house like the NFL, MLB, NBA and so on......I see it happening in the next 5 to 10 years.
Should MMA become a college sport? Like wrestling.....
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 4:29:18PM

Posted by ghandikush

Money. PPV sells more than products do.

wouldn't the NFL disagree w/ this statement?

i know nothing on the subject so please correct if wrong, but I would think that if the ufc had gotten to the point in advertising revenue & popularity growth that they would totally drop the ppvs. I know that would be years & years of growth in the making before something like that would happen, but i totally think they would do away w/ most of the ppvs if they were as popular as the nfl. maybe not all of the ppvs, but most.
State_Champ
9/20/11 6:14:30PM
The UFC's ultimate goal is to make as much money as possible.
ghandikush
9/20/11 6:27:13PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by ghandikush

i know nothing on the subject so please correct if wrong, but I would think that if the ufc had gotten to the point in advertising revenue & popularity growth that they would totally drop the ppvs. I know that would be years & years of growth in the making before something like that would happen, but i totally think they would do away w/ most of the ppvs if they were as popular as the nfl. maybe not all of the ppvs, but most.

The NFL would have zero chance of holding stable interest 12 months of the year. Advertizing sells more maybe, but every week or two? The UFC has at least 3-4 mega cards a year and a whole handful more of aces.

Only 1 superbowl.
Poor_Franklin
9/20/11 6:29:48PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by ghandikush

The NFL would have zero chance of holding stable interest 12 months of the year. Advertizing sells more maybe, but every week or two? The UFC has at least 3-4 mega cards a yeah and a whole handful more of aces.

Only 1 superbowl.

but isn't it possible the ufc could get popular enough to have weekly cards, but knock their ppvs down from 30 something a year to 4-8?
Twenty20Dollars
9/20/11 7:12:48PM
mo money mo power
prozacnation1978
9/20/11 8:10:23PM
World domination in MMA!!!!
gartface
9/23/11 9:49:48AM

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

You would think it'd be to be as big as the NFL & NBA and someday just get rid of the PPV format especially now that their on fox but do you think that's the goal for Dana?

I'm not so sure the goal is to be as big as these, but to brand the sport like the NFL , MLB, NHL, NBA, etc. have. I think that's the ultimate goal, to make the UFC synonymous, even more so than it is now, with the term MMA.

Oh yeah, and money.