'UFC Tonight' debuts with 39,000 FUEL TV viewers, ratings up sharply

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 'UFC Tonight' debuts with 39,000 FUEL TV viewers, ratings up sharply
FastKnockout
1/5/12 3:58:39PM
This week's series debut of "UFC Tonight" earned 39,000 viewers on FUEL TV, MMAjunkie.com today confirmed with industry sources.

That's nearly three times FUEL TV's usual audience size, which averaged approximately 15,000 viewers in 2011.

"UFC Tonight," the UFC's new weekly news and analysis show, debuted on the FOX-owned channel on Tuesday (Jan. 3) and featured the latest news, notes and highlights from MMA's biggest promotion.

LINK
emfleek
1/5/12 4:04:28PM
How FUEL has survived on 11,000 viewers is beyond me.

I say ditch it and move all programming to one of the Fox Sports channels.
Chael_Sonnen
1/5/12 5:20:35PM
Good show
Rabi
1/5/12 6:01:48PM
Can we see this show in the UK?
pmoney
1/5/12 6:05:05PM

Posted by emfleek

I say ditch it and move all programming to one of the Fox Sports channels.

That would be a good move. We have three Fox sports channels, Fox and FX on standard, non-digital cable out here. The only thing that may hinder that is the nature of those channels being regional, mainstream sports.

In Palm Desert, Fox Sports West 1 is Lakers and Dodgers programming, and FSW2 is Angels and Clippers. There may not be enough blocks of regular programming available to make regular time slots for UFC programming possible.

Having said that, I Have Fuel, so I don't care how it plays out! If you are a UFC fan.... Get it. It's worth the $8 a month to upgrade. I have replays of UFC 79, 113, 114, and 135 all recorded or set to record by the end of the week. I also have ultimate knockouts 9 recorded. It's an awesome deal.

As for UFC Tonight, I liked it. Dana didn't need to be there, but of course he was. It was like MMA Live or Inside MMA, but UFC specific.

UFC Champions Roundtable on there other hand..... What a piece garbage. That show unintentionally made everyone not named Jay Glazer look like a ridiculous blowhard. I watched half of the show, then promptly deleted it.
FastKnockout
1/5/12 7:24:50PM
I enjoyed it.