The all-time TUF Top 10

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » The all-time TUF Top 10
MMAcca
9/14/08 11:16:50AM
While there are cynics that like to downplay the relevance and importance of the UFC and Spike TV's hit reality television series The Ultimate Fighter, Rashad Evans' upset knockout of Chuck Liddell last weekend during the main event of UFC 88 has proved the show's impact on the sport undeniable.

While not yet official, it's expected that in December during New Year's Eve weekend, Forrest Griffin will defend his UFC light heavyweight title vs. Evans. Once the bout is finalized, it will mean that the light heavyweight winner from Season 1 of TUF will be taking on the show's Season 2 heavyweight winner in the main event of the biggest show of the year with arguably the sport's most prestigious title at stake.

It doesn't get any thicker than that.

There still might be a pocket full of skeptics who claim that many of the show's top graduates are nothing more than "manufactured reality TV stars," but that argument seemingly weakens with each fight card that passes. The argument that the show has manufactured some fighters might have some validity, but the vast majority who have appeared on the show were already legitimate guys who were only lacking exposure.

LINK
MALICE
9/14/08 11:19:02AM
I agree. Just think Stevenson should be a little higher.
jocka
9/14/08 12:20:09PM
Wow I forgot how many good guys came out of the first season of TUF. I agre with the ranking as well.
Khaos
9/14/08 12:35:17PM
I disagree with Nate Diaz being 10, it should have been Mike Swick, who's only lost to a title contender. Swick himself might have had a title shot after he beat former Number 1. contender David Louiseau(if not for TUF 4). Nate has just come on to the scene, and although his wins are impressive, he's not a TUF top 10(IMO).
Menard_StC
9/14/08 12:40:13PM
Where is Chris Sanford? Jason Thacker?

Shitty list.
Menard_StC
9/14/08 12:41:28PM

Posted by Khaos

I disagree with Nate Diaz being 10, it should have been Mike Swick, who's only lost to a title contender. Swick himself might have had a title shot after he beat former Number 1. contender David Louiseau(if not for TUF 4). Nate has just come on to the scene, and although his wins are impressive, he's not a TUF top 10(IMO).

I think Swick should be in there, but I think Leben should be taken out instead of Nate. Nate has looked outstanding.
jgtribbett
9/14/08 12:51:49PM
amen to that brother, haha

Kracker_Jap
9/14/08 12:52:03PM
I agree with the list but really only root for 1/3 of the fighters Sanchez,Leban, and Diaz.....

Almost a third
DevMahon
9/14/08 1:37:18PM
I have to say, it's one of my pet peeves when people present themselves as experts who are able to give their opinion on a subject, and then get very easily verifiable facts wrong.

For instance, Chris Leben has three losses in the UFC (Silva, MacDonald, Starnes) and Marcus Davis has two (Swick, Guillard). While this might not change anything in terms of the writer's opinion, misstatement of facts is sloppy and it makes him look unprofessional. One typo is understandable, but this guy misstated several key facts in his argument.
nickcuc547
9/14/08 2:00:53PM
good list, it's amazing because all 10 guys are very good fighters, there are close to 20 fighters on tuf who have made a huge impact in the ufc.
InSearchofSunrise
9/14/08 2:20:22PM
Take out Leben and Diaz. Put in Danzig and Amir.
nickcuc547
9/14/08 2:30:31PM
why didn't they mention leben's loss to kalib starnes, he is 9-3 in the ufc not 9-2.
casey64
9/14/08 4:37:25PM
I agree with this list.
MMAcca
9/14/08 4:51:16PM
No Andy Wang ?
casey64
9/14/08 4:52:23PM

Posted by MMAcca

No Andy Wang ?