It's been a long, long time since I've listened to country music...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » It's been a long, long time since I've listened to country music...
bojangalz
5/14/11 7:41:35PM
But for some reason today I stumbled upon the 90's country station on slacker radio. This was the first song on the playlist and it's been in my head all damn day. Figured I'd share the wealth.
emfleek
5/14/11 8:07:23PM
mrsmiley
5/14/11 8:13:11PM
I saw Sammy in concert about 2 years ago. Puts on a great show.

If you're interested in listening to some good country music (not that bull the radio pushes) try out the Drive By Truckers. Carl Perkins cadillac is an awesome tune.
bojangalz
5/14/11 11:39:57PM

Posted by mrsmiley

If you're interested in listening to some good country music (not that bull the radio pushes) try out the Drive By Truckers. Carl Perkins cadillac is an awesome tune.

Pretty sure I saw them open up for The Black Crows a few years back. I enjoyed them even though I hadn't heard a single song of theirs.

btw- If you're ever thinking about seeing the Black Crows in concert, take the nearest lead pencil and shove it in your eye. Promise you'll have more fun doing that. They were horrific on a completely new level to anything I'd ever seen.

And not only did they suck to a spectacular degree, but it was without question the grimiest, grossest, ugliest crowd of humans I'd ever been privy to witnessing. I've been at the door for the opening act for every show I've ever been to, and have NEVER left early. But I was ecstatic when the guy I went with asked if we should beat the traffic.

True, I should have known better. Live and learn I guess.
Twenty20Dollars
5/15/11 1:00:30AM
Did they play litte bitty?

haha
mrsmiley
5/15/11 4:58:35AM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by mrsmiley

Pretty sure I saw them open up for The Black Crows a few years back. I enjoyed them even though I hadn't heard a single song of theirs.

btw- If you're ever thinking about seeing the Black Crows in concert, take the nearest lead pencil and shove it in your eye. Promise you'll have more fun doing that. They were horrific on a completely new level to anything I'd ever seen.

And not only did they suck to a spectacular degree, but it was without question the grimiest, grossest, ugliest crowd of humans I'd ever been privy to witnessing. I've been at the door for the opening act for every show I've ever been to, and have NEVER left early. But I was ecstatic when the guy I went with asked if we should beat the traffic.

True, I should have known better. Live and learn I guess.

I have never seen the black crows and after reading that I probably never will.
BustedKnuckle
5/16/11 5:43:58PM
Blackberry Smoke is a very good southern rock band just getting some comercial sucess.
KungFuMaster
5/19/11 7:20:03PM

Posted by bojangalz

But for some reason today I stumbled upon the 90's country station on slacker radio. This was the first song on the playlist and it's been in my head all damn day. Figured I'd share the wealth.

Well, consider yourself lucky. My wife likes country music and I have put up with it every day. :)