UFC's Thiago Silva serves term of one-year NSAC license revocation

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Thiago Silva serves term of one-year NSAC license revocation
BuffaloDave
1/2/12 8:36:42PM
Thiago Silva's career is back online – at least in theory.

The UFC light heavyweight on Sunday served the final day of his license revocation from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva's name is no longer present on a commission registry that tracks fighters with administrative actions against them, and he is now free to reapply in Nevada or elsewhere.

However, Silva (14-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) is required to appear before the commission should he reapply in Nevada, NSAC executive director Keith Kizer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

LINK
papercut
1/2/12 8:52:47PM
keep it clean this time thiago. I enjoy watching your fights.
DeadHead988
1/2/12 9:16:18PM
jjeans is gonna start crying tears of joy when he reads this
DrivenDavies15
1/2/12 10:17:58PM
Can't wait to see this basass back in the octogon again soon!
Chael_Sonnen
1/2/12 11:05:14PM
Didn't even notice that he was gone.
TeamDEY
1/2/12 11:15:47PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Didn't even notice that he was gone.

neither did i... but i'm glad he's back, he'd destroy Chael at 205 if Chael stepped up
jae_1833
1/3/12 12:58:29AM
First time offense, took responsibility for his actions and did his time. I think he should be allowed to return (so long as he is and stays clean) and I think Vera should be given the first shot at him.
jjeans
1/3/12 5:49:19AM

Posted by DeadHead988

jjeans is gonna start crying tears of joy when he reads this

No joke!

The return of the alpha-male. Lil Nog, Gustaffason, Nedkov would be wars.
BuffaloDave
1/3/12 8:56:15AM

Posted by jae_1833

First time offense, took responsibility for his actions and did his time. I think he should be allowed to return (so long as he is and stays clean) and I think Vera should be given the first shot at him.

Yes took responsibility after he denied any wrong doing, until it was proven he altered his sample.

But either way, you're right he did his time, time for him to return. I also wouldn't mind seeing him fight Vera again, this time on an even playing ground.
shaneTpain
1/3/12 8:56:20AM

. Lil Nog, Gustaffason, Nedkov would be wars.
airkerma
1/3/12 9:13:51AM

Posted by jae_1833

I think he should be allowed to return (so long as he is and stays clean) and I think Vera should be given the first shot at him.

That would be excellent. Maybe it would finally send Vera packing after an incredibly boring UFC career at lhw
prozacnation1978
1/3/12 11:31:40AM
Always liked silva fights

I think he should face shogun or gustaffson next
Bubbles
1/5/12 6:12:59PM
Thiago Silva will dethrone Jon Jones

you heard it here first (if it ever happens)