With U.K.'s sweep of TUF 9 Finale, can European "Fight Night" events be far behind?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With U.K.'s sweep of TUF 9 Finale, can European "Fight Night" events be far behind?
MMAcca
6/21/09 5:12:14PM
With James Wilks' impressive submission win over DaMarques Johnson and Ross Pearson's gutsy decision victory over countryman Andre Winner, Michael Bisping's Team U.K. swept the "six-figure contracts" up for grabs in the ninth season of "The Ultimate Fighter."

Now it's up to UFC president Dana White to figure out how best to use his two new European commodities.

With neither fighter ready to challenge their respective division's top contenders, could the UFC be eyeing its first-ever European-based "Fight Night" event?

LINK
prozacnation1978
6/21/09 7:50:07PM
it will happen next year for sure
TNPanther78
6/21/09 8:14:18PM
It won't be long, end of this year maybe, next year for sure.
Twenty20Dollars
6/22/09 12:26:22AM
I actually think it might be far off because of the cost. Think about it, they dont bring in a lot from Fight Nights as they do PPV's. And if they did a fight night in the UK I just dont know if they make enough money as they could by staying in the states.

But I would like to see it happen, because it would be free.
runningman08
6/22/09 12:46:55AM
Im not to upset that the UK swept the US. i mean some of my favorite fighter are not even american. I thought the UK had great fighter this season.
Kpro
6/22/09 3:55:07AM

Posted by runningman08

Im not to upset that the UK swept the US. i mean some of my favorite fighter are not even american. I thought the UK had great fighter this season.

why are you replying to an 09 thread ??
Shawn91111
6/22/09 4:29:54AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by runningman08

To show his overuse of the icon
Pookie
6/22/09 5:40:09AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by runningman08

D0wnUnd6e6r
6/22/09 8:30:54AM
hmmmmmm, more mma? sounds awesome

oh and...