UFC's Stann explains why he quit hitting Sakara, new need to 'fight up the rankings'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC's Stann explains why he quit hitting Sakara, new need to 'fight up the rankings'
prophecy033
4/20/12 12:30:00AM
The elbows that ended Alessio Sakara's night this past Saturday at UFC on FUEL TV 2 were proceeded by an utterance in his native language.

"I hit him with a real quick short elbow, and it hit him on the bone just above his right eye, and then my elbow sank into his eye," winner Brian Stann told MMAjunkie.com Radio.

"I heard him say something in Italian, then right when he was saying that in Italian, that's when I hit him twice, and he went out for a second."

Link
tcunningham
4/20/12 2:06:05AM
sakara was definitely done after the 1st punch. the elbow started it. it did show that stann has a ton of composure in the octagon.
airkerma
4/20/12 9:12:15AM
The only thing "suspicious" as the article puts it, about the stoppage was how Stann managed to smuggle two 20cm cannons into the cage. If I was to guess, I say his punching power is over niNE THOUSAND!!!!

edit: Now I demand Philipooo vs Stann
FastKnockout
4/20/12 1:12:29PM

Posted by airkerma

The only thing "suspicious" as the article puts it, about the stoppage was how Stann managed to smuggle two 20cm cannons into the cage. If I was to guess, I say his punching power is over niNE THOUSAND!!!!

Don't say that over at BloodyElbow. One of the editors swears Stann doesn't have raw knockout power.
Pskinner_mma314
4/20/12 1:22:53PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

Don't say that over at BloodyElbow. One of the editors swears Stann doesn't have raw knockout power.

Wow are you serious? Last time I checked you had to have raw KO power just to rock Chris Leben and Stann finished that boy off with strikes. That editor is an idiot.
BigBadAl
4/20/12 2:11:51PM
I'm an English man who is now a big fan of your American hero. You can't help but like him. He really is a legit nice bloke.
gartface
4/20/12 2:14:53PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

Wow are you serious? Last time I checked you had to have raw KO power just to rock Chris Leben and Stann finished that boy off with strikes. That editor is an idiot.

Not to mention knocking a guy out from guard.
Wallass
4/20/12 2:21:03PM
I'm not sold on Stann becoming a future champion but the dude carries himself with a lot of class and this fight showed it.
KungFuMaster
4/20/12 3:11:18PM
Stann may not have the potential to be champion but he is certainly the people's champ IMO.

Stann for president in 2032.
tmas
4/20/12 4:07:58PM
he has no charisma
prophecy033
4/20/12 4:16:10PM

Posted by tmas

he has no charisma

umkay
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jay98107
4/20/12 8:53:17PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by airkerma

The idea of "raw" KO power is a myth IMO. Or a delusion that this Stann-hating editor props up to talk shit about him. What's the difference between raw KO power and KO power? Training near the equator? 9 of his 12 wins are by KO. If the distinction is the ability to completely turn somebody's lights off as opposed to a TKO, well that's just not very fair. It's awfully hard to totally turn off somebody like Leben's lights.