KO'd sorta for the first time

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » KO'd sorta for the first time
Salty
9/26/08 8:42:47PM
So tonight I was sparring with a guy at my gym, really strong guy has had a few fights already and i know he hits hard. we where just doing some kickboxing no takedowns or knees/elbows seeing as my sparring exp. well is little to none from where i've been training before where i am now. we did 3 2min rounds (basic time for an ammy fight in mass) and i took my asskicking all the way to the final 30sec when he had me against the cage, i stepped away and he just got a great angle on my face, all of a sudden i see white and crumble...it was just a flash KO i got right back up but the bell rang. it was the hardest i've ever been hit and the first time i've been rocked like that its an interesting feeling just crumbling to the floor like that.
The_Ho_Bag
9/26/08 8:58:06PM

Posted by Salty

So tonight I was sparring with a guy at my gym, really strong guy has had a few fights already and i know he hits hard. we where just doing some kickboxing no takedowns or knees/elbows seeing as my sparring exp. well is little to none from where i've been training before where i am now. we did 3 2min rounds (basic time for an ammy fight in mass) and i took my asskicking all the way to the final 30sec when he had me against the cage, i stepped away and he just got a great angle on my face, all of a sudden i see white and crumble...it was just a flash KO i got right back up but the bell rang. it was the hardest i've ever been hit and the first time i've been rocked like that its an interesting feeling just crumbling to the floor like that.

been down that road too many times, i see fuzzy white and black and crumble lol but i get KOed by a world champion kickboxer so idrc lol

uhm dont sleep for awhile even if its a flash knock out
Cdellorso
9/26/08 9:06:20PM
I have had 4 fights and a few boxing matches several (stupid kids stuff) street fights- been hit in the heat with rotary dial phone swuung from the cord a faygo pop bottle and a police flashlight (dont ask) and the only time i was EVER knocked out... was when i was watching a backyard baseball game from a tire swing in this kids yard- caughtme square in the mouth. had to get temporary braces to hold all my loose teeth in. I didnt lose any thank goodness. I was 12 and I am 37 now - I remember the lights went out pitch black - I was out for maybe 5 seconds but it felt like i slept all night... lol Ahh the good old days....

Jackelope
9/26/08 9:15:13PM

I remember the first time I got KO'd and I don't think I'll ever forget it, LOL. It's kind of like your first love... only it doesn't hurt as much
The-Don
9/27/08 8:26:41PM
I was KO'ed once.. I remember white then next thing I know i am waking up on my back wondering how I got there
RNC
9/28/08 2:07:04AM
I got Ko'd once.

The only thing I remember is me throwing my overhand right. After that, I just woke up on the ground.
throwmeahotone
9/28/08 2:48:50AM
The only time i've ever been KO'd was one day my friends were telling me to do a backflip off one of their treehouses, so being a dumbass i did it and i completely missed except the metal side thing and i guess i was out for like 10 secs then had to go to the hospital for like 6 or 7 stitches in my head and this spelling thing i have on his pissin me off cuz it shows me how badly im misspelling words then i have to correct em and makes me fell like a douche mcgee.
The-Don
9/28/08 2:02:07PM

Posted by throwmeahotone

The only time i've ever been KO'd was one day my friends were telling me to do a backflip off one of their treehouses, so being a dumbass i did it and i completely missed except the metal side thing and i guess i was out for like 10 secs then had to go to the hospital for like 6 or 7 stitches in my head and this spelling thing i have on his pissin me off cuz it shows me how badly im misspelling words then i have to correct em and makes me fell like a douche mcgee.

better to correct them then send them with the errors and look like, to quote "a douche mcgee."
Rush
9/28/08 2:48:03PM

Posted by throwmeahotone

A google toolbar has a spell checker.

I've been flash KOed twice. Once by a knee when I did a really poor double leg shot and once during a demo for a technique. I wasn't expecting the demo to be all out and ended up taking a knife hand shot on the side of the neck.

After the knee I still kept fighting and actually ended up winning the "tournament" with one eye swollen shut.
Wolfenstein
9/30/08 4:52:33PM
I've been KO'd a couple times. Once on a flash KO and the other was pretty nasty. Amateur kickboxing match I got hit with a right hook that I never saw coming. Caught me on the side on the nose and cranked it over an inch. I just remember waking up. It sucks, but it really makes you want to share the experience with the next guy next time you step through the ropes.
The_Ho_Bag
9/30/08 5:07:37PM
i hate getting knocked out just bc i dont remember how i got KOed, i rather know how it happen then not remember
4u2nv
9/30/08 5:08:17PM
i've been KO'd a few times when i was younger. stupid kid fights, getting jumped and probably falling outta tree's and crap. But since mma i've only been choked out a few times. I've been hit and got dizzy but not quite seeing white or black yet. But i fear the day is coming soon when i do get knocked out and crumble. I just hope nothing breaks or gets damaged badly on my face when i do.
Pitbull09
9/30/08 7:26:14PM
I've been knocked out once when I was younger. There was this vine in the woods and you could swing on it over this big trench. I ended up climbing up a tree with the vine, jumped out and went flying into the tree across from me. It was bad cause it turned my body around so the back of my head hit it first.
As soon as I hit into it everything went black briefly but then I could see myself falling til I landed on my side and hit my head off a rock and was knocked out for a good minute or two.
My friends thought I was dead for how lifeless I looked when I hit into the tree but overall I wasnt hurt so good story to tell.
The-Don
10/1/08 10:04:32AM
I remembered another time I KO'ed myself... It was in one of my more tradational Martial arts classes and we were using chucks.. well I was spinning them around and wanted to try some well beyond my skill with them passing it up over across my back to teh other side and well lets just say my angle was off.. I woke up with a lump on the back of my head and a bloody nose from the floor..
Aaronno9
10/1/08 4:10:43PM
Ive never been fully knocked out but i suffered a flash k.o in training like 2 weeks ago. Ive only been training for a month or 2, and the place where i train the is pretty hardcore, like i was sparring with people who've fought/ trained for years in my first session. No better way to force yourself to learn than by getting punched in the face.

Anyways i was sparring with one of the bigger guys last week who acts as one of the kickboxing coaches and he was getting pissed off at me dropping my hands everytime i threw a kick, or just having them down from being to tired. In the end he caught me with a pretty good high kick which i didnt check at all. We where wearing pads but it still k.o'd me. Ive been friends with the guy since school so he felt bad about it but at the end of the day i haven't been dropping my hands since so its probably one of the best things that could of happened to me.

I think the amount of ribbing i took after it was worse than actually getting kicked lol.
VictimSix
10/23/08 12:01:14PM

Posted by RNC

I got Ko'd once.

The only thing I remember is me throwing my overhand right. After that, I just woke up on the ground.

Imo that's the worst. Your throwing that body shot then your waking up asking everyone what happen
shiz-nitzel
10/23/08 6:45:54PM
does it actually hurt or is it just like waking up a bit later.
Salty
10/24/08 11:42:48AM
it didn't bother me, i had a little headache later but nothing crazy
Jackelope
10/24/08 12:31:59PM

Posted by shiz-nitzel

does it actually hurt or is it just like waking up a bit later.

I think it depends. It can hurt physically if you get pretty bruised or break your jaw or something afterward. When I got KO'd for the first time it was bare knuckle and due to a hit right in the mastoid process. It was bruised for a good week afterward and my ear was pretty bruised, too.

Mostly it's just a "whoa... weird" and then for the rest of that day a little bit head-achey but no real "pain" I guess.

Different people I'm sure have different experiences.
haggiswashere
10/25/08 5:33:42AM
i've never been knocked out.....of course its unlikely in my life...maybe if i answered the phone and a cartoon hand punched me threw the reciever. or if my hot pockets fell of my fridge and hit me. or if machida heard all the crap i talk and flew down here.......
Mungooch
10/25/08 5:51:10AM
I'm only 17 but Ive been koed more times than I can count. They have been unusual things like, messing up a flip on a tramp and landing on the metal, running into a wall, getting accidently kicked in the head, trying to jump a fence and landing on my headand a few rugby league things. All of this and Ive never been koed on the jaw just the rest of my ****** head. Ive had scans and I have no damage. I have a really really thick skull.
shiz-nitzel
10/25/08 7:26:42PM

Posted by Mungooch

I'm only 17 but Ive been koed more times than I can count. They have been unusual things like, messing up a flip on a tramp and landing on the metal, running into a wall, getting accidently kicked in the head, trying to jump a fence and landing on my headand a few rugby league things. All of this and Ive never been koed on the jaw just the rest of my ****** head. Ive had scans and I have no damage. I have a really really thick skull.

i full on charged at somone with my head in a rugby game, good times