I'm Going Skydiving Next Weekend

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » I'm Going Skydiving Next Weekend
Next Page »
POLL: What is your opinion on skydiving?
I've been. it's amazing! 12% (3)
I want to, but haven't. 56% (14)
I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane. 32% (8)
I've been before. Don't go! It scarred me for life. 0% (0)
Don't do it, you're an idiot. 0% (0)
Poor_Franklin
9/21/12 5:39:38PM
Needless to say, Im anxious, excited & absolutely terrified!

Do you know anyone who has gone skydiving before? Have you been yourself? Any idea of what to expect?

I've had a couple vivid dreams about it & it's pretty safe to say i'll probably tear up &/or pee myself a little bit before the jump.

I also have a pretty big fear of me & my friends going through all the trouble & anxiety & then us being unfortunate enough to get bad weather & not being able to go.
grappler0000
9/21/12 5:53:08PM
I went about a decade ago. Not sure how much has changed since then, but the class/training was like 5 or 6 hours long. I intended to go again at some point, but never got around to it. If you're not certified, you have to either jump tandem or via static line. I did the static line. My class was divided into groups of 3 and a small plane took a group at a time up to jump.
Poor_Franklin
9/21/12 5:56:54PM

Posted by grappler0000

I went about a decade ago. Not sure how much has changed since then, but the class/training was like 5 or 6 hours long. I intended to go again at some point, but never got around to it. If you're not certified, you have to either jump tandem or via static line. I did the static line. My class was divided into groups of 3 and a small plane took a group at a time up to jump.

from my understanding, it's a tandem jump & they said the class we will take before the jump is expected to be 3-4 hours. We have a group of 10 but not sure if we'll be split up or not.
george112
9/21/12 5:59:15PM
I don't think I could do it
Bubbles
9/21/12 6:07:05PM
a few years ago, me and my brother paid for our parents to go skydiving for their 25th anniversary. My mom isn't really the adventurous type and never goes on roller coasters or anything with heights really....and she did it and loved it. My dad loved it too. It was exhilarating and apparently words cant describe it.

My brother went about a month ago and plans to jump enough times to get certified. I plan to do it when I can afford it.

If my parents in their mid 50s can do it, you can too Also spend the extra money to get it recorded and photographed...its well worth it.
SmileR
9/21/12 6:30:00PM
I've never done it. . . But! I've zoomed in really quick on google earth so it can't be that much different!
mrsmiley
9/21/12 6:50:04PM
I've never done it but where I live in ohio they do it all the time in my town.been wanting to get my telescope out and watch them some time. Good luck!
kopower
9/21/12 7:19:03PM
Hope you make it back.

My cousin has been numerous times. Somewhere around 10-15 times. He obviously loves it.
aussiemma
9/21/12 8:23:20PM
hey poor franklin i had a dream about you last night, can't get that moustache outta my head, but i was hanging from a ledge about to fall to my doom and you were holding on to me and you whispered these words to me..................................'' I Killed Mufasa !''

But yeah skydiving is awesome i've been twice, you'll have a blast. As soon as you jump from the plane the nervousness and anxiety disappears immediately and is replaced with pure terror ! kidding ! you will love it.
Aether
9/21/12 10:36:14PM
I've done it. It's fun. Nothing really to be scared of. I mean, if your parachute doesn't deploy, you'll probably die instantly when you hit the ground, if that makes you feel better.
tcunningham
9/21/12 11:36:54PM
worth every penny. its incredibly fun. the rush coming out of the plane is intense. have fun.
MMAcca
9/22/12 4:26:02AM
Girlfriend did it. She loved it and the only thing stopping her jumping every weekend is the cost.

She had about an hour's training and it was a tandem jump.

It's extremely safe, you have a reserve chute aswell as your primary chute and the person you are strapped to does all the work, you just get to enjoy it.

Be prepared for waiting around though......We were there about 9 hours, it was well worth it in the end though.

Good luck and have fun
MMAcca
9/22/12 4:28:12AM

Posted by aussiemma

hey poor franklin i had a dream about you last night, can't get that moustache outta my head, but i was hanging from a ledge about to fall to my doom and you were holding on to me and you whispered these words to me..................................'' I Killed Mufasa !''

Nobody finding this weird at all........Not even a little bit ?

Nobody ?

COME ONNNN!

.........everybody knows it was Scar who killed Mufasa!
aussiemma
9/22/12 5:22:39AM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by aussiemma

Nobody finding this weird at all........Not even a little bit ?

Nobody ?

COME ONNNN!

.........everybody knows it was Scar who killed Mufasa!

hey mmacca all i have to say to that is.....you can be the buns....and i can be the burger girl...and we can make sandwiches.
jjeans
9/22/12 5:32:38AM
Stay safe, love you.

================================================

Never been and I have a fear of heights so it'd be hard to get me up there lol! My mum did it . She said she enjoyed it but wouldn't let her kids do it haha

Hope you have a fantastic time and let us know how it goes! Good luck (don't) break a leg!
Poor_Franklin
9/22/12 6:03:07AM
thanks for the feedback! & for the record & have a huge fear of heights, which is why i've signed up!
mrsmiley
9/22/12 7:46:56PM
Honestly, I would say once you jump out (just guessing) the whole thing probably feels so surreal you have no fear at all. Good luck man!
Poor_Franklin
9/24/12 4:36:18PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Honestly, I would say once you jump out (just guessing) the whole thing probably feels so surreal you have no fear at all. Good luck man!

i will def post in here after the jump to tell you how bad i pissed myself
Chael_Sonnen
9/24/12 4:42:28PM
When confronting fear, channel your inner Johnny Utah and Bodhi
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
9/24/12 4:55:31PM
once you get the hang of it, you can do as Voodoo did....have sex while skydiving
Poor_Franklin
9/24/12 5:02:11PM
lol Chael- Point Break is the shit!
Bubbs- you just gave me & my gf something to shoot for in the future
BuffaloDave
9/24/12 8:28:38PM

Posted by Bubbles

once you get the hang of it, you can do as Voodoo did....have sex while skydiving

That's taking the Mile High Club to new heights, literally.
grappler0000
9/26/12 11:38:55AM

Posted by mrsmiley

It's actually common not to remember the first few seconds.
Poor_Franklin
10/1/12 12:41:08AM
http://twitpic.com/azwpz0

LOL I was a little scared. This is a screenshot from my PC. Will put better pics on image host so I can show more.

It was amazing. After a few seconds, the terror was replaced by pure joy. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Bubbles
10/1/12 12:54:42PM
glad you hear you enjoyed it
DancingDoll
10/1/12 1:19:04PM
Wow, looks intense!

This is one of the scariest things I can imagine doing. I even get nervous flying in planes that I don't have to jump out of.

I'm not good with heights but I do think it would be an amazing experience. Congrats!
george112
10/1/12 1:24:49PM

That's awesome man. I can't even imagine jumping out of a plane. Hell I've NEVER even been ON a plane
Poor_Franklin
10/1/12 1:46:15PM

Posted by george112

That's awesome man. I can't even imagine jumping out of a plane. Hell I've NEVER even been ON a plane

2 of the guys that went had never flown before. those little planes scare the shit out of me bc you feel very turn & bump.

it was awesome guys! i would recommend it to anyone that thinks they want to do it. a few of us are already making plans to go back before the end of november
Bubbles
10/1/12 2:15:41PM

Posted by DancingDoll

I'm not good with heights but I do think it would be an amazing experience. Congrats!

you wouldn't do the Edge Walk??
MMAcca
10/1/12 4:52:06PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

http://twitpic.com/azwpz0

LOL I was a little scared. This is a screenshot from my PC. Will put better pics on image host so I can show more.

It was amazing. After a few seconds, the terror was replaced by pure joy. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Prop'd for balls of steel
Pages: [1] 2