It's sink or swim for UFC veteran Sherk

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » It's sink or swim for UFC veteran Sherk
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/24/08 4:38:52PM
For the first time in a long time, Sherk's not a headliner. And he's not happy about it.

He's on the undercard of Saturday's UFC 90, where he'll face Tyson Griffin -- one of the UFC's top young 155-pounders -- in one of the more important fights of his career. Five months ago, current lightweight champ B.J. Penn stopped him in the third round of their highly anticipated bout in May via TKO.

Sherk calls his upcoming fight against Griffin "a must-must win" that could get help him back to the top of the division.

Link
hotrodttt
10/24/08 7:17:46PM
Sharks can;t sink they live in the Water
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/24/08 10:21:15PM

Posted by hotrodttt

thought it was dumb title too, prolly could win dumbest title ever
Wolfenstein
10/24/08 10:43:00PM
It's definetely a must-win because he'll be a long way from another title shot, or back in the mix with a win. A los will also come accompanied with a lot of retirement and over the hill speculation.

I think they're both amongst the most boring top tier fighters in the game so I really don't have a favorite in this one. I'd like to see them both stay off the Main event.
mentalcase
10/24/08 11:11:42PM
The title should be its float on his side or swim for the muscle shark
Rush
10/24/08 11:33:50PM
Sherk has 3 losses in his career

One to Hughes when he was dominating, one to GSP (one of the P4P best fighters today) and one to BJ (also considered one of the best today).

I don't think Sherk is in any real danger of "sinking" at least not after this fight.
haggiswashere
10/25/08 12:35:06AM

Posted by hotrodttt

hahaha lol sorry im a smart@$$
hotrodttt
10/25/08 12:42:09AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by hotrodttt

hahaha lol sorry im a smart@$$

I haye you , pretty Funny Stuff
imanidiot777
10/25/08 4:40:42PM
I thought this fight was on the main card? It says on this that it's an under card fight, at the weigh-ins it was a main card fight.

Anyone know??

Nevermind, I just checked MMAWeekly's live play by play thing and it says it is a main card fight.
fullerene
10/25/08 5:14:53PM
Along the lines of Tim Sylvia or Matt Lindland, the bar is set higher for him than for most fighters because of his style. How many guys are not fighting in the UFC after 30 fights with the only loss coming in a 3 round to 2 decision against the greatest fighter in the history of the division? Sherk has had to win a lot to make it to where he has been and he's only lost to the best fighters around. Still, people don't enjoy watching his fights and if he loses a couple of times people will be happy to see him leave.